1 game in 25 days

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Or whatever it was.

Anybody else think that contributed to the horrible start? Looked rusty and not adjusted to the speed of the game in the1st quarter.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
No...to much vacay time and yet again no offence in the first half. Defence had to try and win the game and then burned out when they got the lead and couldn't hold AZ. AZ was prepared and hungry..Seattle's home swagger is dead...

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
It's a carbon copy of every other loss this year. It wasn't rust, it's just the type of team they are.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3t0xqw9g said:
Or whatever it was.

Anybody else think that contributed to the horrible start? Looked rusty and not adjusted to the speed of the game in the1st quarter.
Considering we have played like this pretty much all year, I'm not sure how much that contributed to this game.
We've looked "rusty" every game to me.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1io7w808 said:
It's a carbon copy of every other loss this year. It wasn't rust, it's just the type of team they are.
This. Sorry J but your grasping for an outside factor in all this when it's really about the team's internal fire, or lack thereof.

Willyeye

Reaction score
During most of the first half, as soon as the Hawks displayed any kind of momentum, the refs called a 10 or 15-yard penalty and killed the Hawks drives. I'm not saying they weren't guilty, but why did they make some ticky-tacky offensive line calls against the Hawks while simultaneously ignoring at least 10 offensive holding violations on the Cards that even I saw. How can we expect the Hawks to have a good game offensively when the refs squash almost every drive? On the first 4 drives, they had to deal with a 1st and 20 or a 1st and 25, and the drives resulted in 3 punts and a safety. And of course the refs gave the Cards a FG at the end of the first half by taking away what was clearly a turnover. The officiating was horrible for this game, and definitely far worse for the Hawks. I do believe that the NFL sometimes tell refs to "encourage" the direction of games based on parity. That said, the D has now lost 5 games in which they had a 4th quarter lead. That is more the fault of the Hawk players than it is the fault of the refs.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2fao591p said:

What he said, this is just our team this year. Where in years past they have been clutch in the most tense moments, this team is not for reason.