1st and 20+

Nateruw

Reaction score
How many times did we see this last night? At least 4 times if my memory serves correct. We don't have the style of offense they can Bail us out of that type a hole. It's really demoralizing when you know you're going to punt before you drive even starts. Frustrating...

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This was the most frustrating part of the game for me. I think at one point we had 3 straight drives begin with a 1st and 20.

chawx

Reaction score
interesting isn't it. How starting almost every Seattle drive with a holding call, and then extending almost every Cardinal drive with a weak P.I. or defensive hold or illegal contact downfield can really keep the offense off the field and the defense on the field...

Such a coincidence how that turned out. Almost like they planned for it to be that way... nah. I'm sure every call/non-call was 100% legit and nothing fishy was going on.
*sips on that :179422: NFL kool-aid.*

HawkFan72

Reaction score
chawx":1cxmdtdp said:
interesting isn't it. How starting almost every Seattle drive with a holding call, and then extending almost every Cardinal drive with a weak P.I. or defensive hold or illegal contact downfield can really keep the offense off the field and the defense on the field...

Such a coincidence how that turned out. Almost like they planned for it to be that way... nah. I'm sure every call/non-call was 100% legit and nothing fishy was going on.

Except that if you watch the replays you could see the Seahawks holding on Offense and Defense. So yeah, I don't think there was anything fishy going on.

chawx

Reaction score
HawkFan72":lqxq4epn said:
chawx":lqxq4epn said:

Except that if you watch the replays you could see the Seahawks holding on Offense and Defense. So yeah, I don't think there was anything fishy going on.

Except that if you watch the replays you could see the Cardinals holding on Offense and Defesnse too. So yeah, I do think there was something fishy going on.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Penalties killed us in this game. Both sides of the ball. Critical penalties on defense on 3rd down after a stop, and then on offense we had a bunch of holding penalties that put us in 1st and long which made us have to start throwing. Frustrating.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Tecmo officiating bowl.

This was like watching the officials play a game of football momentum change.

Completely shut down any thought of Seattle momentum while providing muligans for AZ in the first half.

Then realizing they had over done it they give us some make calls until oh crsp, we did it again so lets push the swing the other way.

The whole game felt like we were not watching two teams battle but rather officials playing some sort of wierd game with the players on the field just acting as chess pieces.

Frustrating and disgusting. This is not football.

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
chawx":wwcd8tzr said:

I found it funny that Colloinsworth said before the game he talked to Pete about the statistical significance of this crew calling the most defensive holding in the league. It was like he was setting the stage for it.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
HawkFan72":26hhg328 said:
chawx":26hhg328 said:

Fine.

Then call the BLATANT holds that were going down for the Cards then too.

Absolutely disgusting display of officiating last night.

minormillikin

Reaction score
RichNhansom":m830wbdc said:
Tecmo officiating bowl.

Completely shut down any thought of Seattle momentum while providing muligans for AZ in the first half.

Then realizing they had over done it they give us some make calls until oh crsp, we did it again so lets push the swing the other way.

The whole game felt like we were not watching two teams battle but rather officials playing some sort of wierd game with the players on the field just acting as chess pieces.

It sure seemed like they were doing everything possible to make Sunday Night Football an exciting tv show...

Clayfighter

Reaction score
I was watching the replays when they were talking up Pat Peterson's improved game this year... Dude was committing PI all over the place and not getting called. Like every replay shot he was punking a receiver. It really pissed me off.

I slapped my head when BWags hit that receiver 10-15 yards down field that destroyed our defensive effort in the late 4th.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3j10rtz9 said:
Tecmo officiating bowl.

Naw...... reminded me more of NFL Blitz '99 when you get a big lead the computer opponent will start getting fumbles and tipped pass interceptions.