3 Biggest Problems

rcaido

Reaction score
There is so much to blame or reason to our current situation...From Ciara sucking Wilson's magic, Kam greed, Bevel, to Pete's stubbornness to change. Which is it to you is the main concerns/problem.

1) Cary Kryptonite Williams - I think the other players dont like him, he doesn't have any chemistry between the LOB. He is our weakest link & will be the goto guy QBs will pick on pretty much every game despite Sherman not playing to his level this year.

2) Our whole offensive line but if i had to just pick one, it would be Gilliam. He seem to be getting blown up the most, even more then Britt.

3) Britt- He would probably be #2 for me from the start of the season but he shown improvements unlike Gilliam.

Simon was bad but i dont think he's this bad. I think we should bench Cary & put Lane there even though he's not a DB or what about Burley.

We can only pray for Britt & Gilliam. I think they will improve to not awful by the end of the season to below average. We should though address the O-line w/ the draft or FA for next season.

What are your top 3 in order.

2_0_6

Reaction score
1. OC - Going away from your strength on a regular basis. Eight carries by Lynch, two by Rawls in a primetime Sunday night home game is not Seahawks football.

2. O line

3. Lack of depth in the secondary.

marko358

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3qjo0jdd said:
1. OC - Going away from your strength on a regular basis. Eight carries by Lynch, two by Rawls in a primetime Sunday night home game is not Seahawks football.

Especially when your two RBs averaged 6.1 yards per carry combined.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
marko358":31oc7a9d said:
Hawk_Nation":31oc7a9d said:

6.1 yards per carry are inflated by 1st and 20+ where AZ's defense could play soft against the run.

Our game plan was completely controlled by penalties. 8 seires of 1st or 2nd and 20 or more yards for the first down prevents you from having a balanced attack.

If the officials were to game plan how to shut down Seattle the timing of penalties on the first 5 drives would be the perfect game plan.

Look at the 3rd quarter when the flags weren't raining down. We took over the game and overcame a 19 to 0 start. It wasn't until the 4th quarter where the penalties stopped us again and magically kept AZ's drives alive, that we slowed down again.

I'm not a bevell lover but blaming him for a bad game plan is really ignoring what happened as well as what could be done.

2_0_6

Reaction score
RichNhansom":wv1nclm4 said:
marko358":wv1nclm4 said:
Hawk_Nation":wv1nclm4 said:

6.1 yards per carry are inflated by 1st and 20+ where AZ's defense could play soft against the run.

This team is not constructed for Russ to throw 30+ times per game or running less than 15 times a game.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":q0ih1mjr said:
RichNhansom":q0ih1mjr said:
marko358":q0ih1mjr said:
Hawk_Nation":q0ih1mjr said:

This team is not constructed for Russ to throw 30+ times per game or running less than 15 times a game.

The problem isn't Wilson throwing 32 times. It's only completing 14 of them.

mrt144

Reaction score
marko358":2l9jxn4o said:
Hawk_Nation":2l9jxn4o said:

To be fair, at least half the drives were 1st and 20s. I am not a fan of Bevell and I guess you can criticize for being completely incapable of digging out of 1st and 20. Ulitametely the most glaring issue is that when we were playing up tempo and with our backs against the wall in must score situations we made it work. Part of that is the defense being softer but i think part of it is also not outfoxing ourselves.

2_0_6

Reaction score
1st and 20.. A run will usually net 8+ yards due to the defense playing back a tad. I totally understand not running as much when we were down 19, but once we cut it to 8, they continued to play like we were down big.

RUN THE BALL

marko358

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2w0jjyba said:
but once we cut it to 8, they continued to play like we were down big.

RUN THE BALL

^^^^^This. Down 8 and we had a couple of very nice runs, knocking their guys backwards and then we completely abandon it.

HawkerD

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3ez3aptn said:
marko358":3ez3aptn said:
Hawk_Nation":3ez3aptn said:

Our game plan was completely controlled by penalties. 8 seires of 1st or 2nd and 20 or more yards for the first down prevents you from having a balanced attack.

If the officials were to game plan how to shut down Seattle the timing of penalties on the first 5 drives would be the perfect game plan.

Look at the 3rd quarter when the flags weren't raining down. We took over the game and overcame a 19 to 0 start. It wasn't until the 4th quarter where the penalties stopped us again and magically kept AZ's drives alive, that we slowed down again.

I'm not a bevell lover but blaming him for a bad game plan is really ignoring what happened as well as what could be done.

The game turned around because the Defense scored 2 TDs off strip sacks (OK One TD and a then gave the O the ball at the 2 yd line on the other). Because of losses to FA, loss of talented coaches one unit is no longer able to cover for another. The inability for our receivers to separate, Horrendous OL play, Soft coverage in the secondary and inconsistent QB play all combine for a real mediocre team

Optimus25

Reaction score
Granted Williams is, uh, suspect, but here are some facts...

Eifert walked all over kam.
Nick foles went right at Sherman and Thomas late fourth or overtime, whatever.
Bobby had a stupid penalty yesterday.
Olsen beat the entire secondary by being seventy five feet wide open, opposite side as Williams.
Sherman cannot stop a twelve to fifteen yard comeback. Every team is taking him to where he turns his hips and then driving back.
Floyd literally ran right past Richard. At least when he ran right by Williams Cary was somewhere in the play.

Personally i find it hard to single out Williams when earl is the only one i can conceivably give a pass to. the entire secondary has went from ball hawking to pedestrian.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
marko358":1g8d3tr5 said:
Hawk_Nation":1g8d3tr5 said:
but once we cut it to 8, they continued to play like we were down big.

RUN THE BALL

^^^^^This. Down 8 and we had a couple of very nice runs, knocking their guys backwards and then we completely abandon it.
Darrell Bevell, and Chris Collinsworth agrees.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
1. The player's motivation and belief in the team and each other. The hardened mentality of going in to win that made the team get their first Lombardi is wavering. If the players can get their heads back in it, a deep play-off run would be a strong possibility next year or even this year if this is fixed within a week or two.

2. Our schedule is just way too harsh. If we had the Panther's schedule for example (but then playing them instead of us since that obviously isn't much of an option) we'd be 7-2 and being relatively carefree at this point in the year. Next year this should be a bit easier, even though it'll still be hard it'll at the very least be an improvement over this year and even if we don't improve at all we'd still have a better record than this year.

3. There are certain weaknesses that should be fixed in the draft and FA next year. Having 10 people on defense playing lights out is usually enough but if one of them screws up big plays can still happen, that's why we drastically need an improvement over Cary Williams. Maybe Lane or Shead or any of our other CBs can take up the mantle but if this doesn't work than we'd need to use a high round draft pick here. The O-Line also needs reinforcements. It's just difficult when there are a few weaklinks in there. Replace them by cheap but better players (mostly draft picks or bargain FAs that should be given another shot) and when no place can be easily exploited we should be good to go on another run in 2016.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
This OL just isn't good enough, and our QB just isn't the type who can make them look better.

That's all it really boils down to. Everything else is over-analysis. It was obvious in the preseason, and we did nothing about it. The responsibility for that goes on a lot of people. We have zero talent there, and yet we still pretend we can win in the trenches. Please.

Next off-season, let's focus on bringing in real players on that line and not finesse pass-catchers to replace the ones we have.

kearly

Reaction score
There will be an OL shakeup this offseason to be sure, especially since Okung and Sweezy are UFA. I guess I'm just not that worried about it, because for as suspect as I am of Cable developing young players, he has a pretty good track record with vets. If Seattle brings in a few no-name vets this offseason it might be all they need. And really, just getting a solid RT would do a world of good, Gilliam is making JAGs look like Von Miller. Britt has actually looked okay the last few games, I'm watching his progress very closely. Nowak is improving towards competent, and Lewis is under-rated.

Oh, and get a real blocking TE, I still can't believe Seattle has gone this long without one.

I also think corner has to be a top need. If a difference making corner is there in round 1 and Seattle takes him, I'd be fine with it. Seattle needs elite level corner play to beat Arizona consistently. Seattle can't afford for 2015 to become the new normal at cornerback.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1j71a5gh said:
The problem isn't Wilson throwing 32 times. It's only completing 14 of them.
Catchable passes (like the one to JG) that he dropped was annoying, but the passes that Russ threw either behind his Receiver (Graham), and way too high (also to Graham), were the ones that Wilson is to blame for, and I'd wager that he would be the first to admit that.
Lots of moving parts, not just one or two easy answers, or fixes.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Wilson is the biggest problem for a variety of reasons. The O'line sucks, yes yes we all see that. The line has actually sucked for a while but the defense has always kept the games close. A few of the issues; holding the ball to long, making poor decisions and poor throws, not seeing open WR's, not utilizing the very athletic 6'8 TE...

A stat was displayed during last nights game that said Wilson was 4th amongst QB's that attributed to their own sacks. If you know the line is bad, get the ball out faster. A lot of times it's not the play call that sucks it's the execution...

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I remember hearing the team like the idea of 3rd and 6, that if they get to that point they are comfortable. Last time I checked, running isn't an option on 3rd and 6. Maybe they should change that mindset.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
1) defensive collapses
2) offensive line unable to consistently ground and pound and pass protect
3) Wilson being all jittery and tucking and running prematurely