Another cary williams thread.

RussB

Reaction score
IS anyobody still going to defend this guy. This dude the weakness in the secondary and teams expose him every game. Can pete carroll not see this, this dude cant cover for shit and cant keep up with recievers when they go deep. Honestly earl thomas could probably play a couple snaps at CB like AZ does with tyran matheiu . When lane gets back and if he plays well they should just bench cary and let lane start. When they play the steelers antonio brown will have over 200 yards on him. Cant defend this guy anymore. Someone make a petition to bench his ass.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I don't think he's good, but he's not nearly as bad as he's made out to be here. I think almost everybody made up their mind about him before he ever played a down for us.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1pc2lvyv said:
I don't think he's good, but he's not nearly as bad as he's made out to be here. I think almost everybody made up their mind about him before he ever played a down for us.
I thought he would be solid. But hes giving up to many clutch plays when teams need a big play.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
JSeahawks":xxrnjh1g said:

With all due respect, I completely disagree with this statement. Watch the last month's worth of games and see how often balls are completed when thrown his direction. He cannot stop anything on an underneath route. You can throw seven yard hitch plays at him and go 10/10. Pro Football Focus had him ranked as one of the five worst starting cornerbacks in the entire NFL after the first half of this season based on their metrics. He's not just bad, he's awful.

Another note: if you get a chance to go to any of the games watch Earl Thomas' reactions after balls are thrown at Williams target. Earl is continually throwing his hands up in the air as if to ask "WTF are you doing?" I don't think he is a good fit for this scheme, and it is showing.

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3szq6anz said:
This, he's Kelly Jennings part 2 - generally finds a way to not get completely beat and stays with receivers but has zero ball skills and constantly allows big completions where he is right there.

mistaowen

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3lz1p0hg said:

I think it's because he just doesn't play at the level we have become accustomed to. He's an average NFL CB who fits the physical mold of our secondary and had some success in Baltimore. He's not good at jamming at the LOS, doesn't have strong ball skills (basically tall Kelly Jennings), and isn't much against the run (looking at last night, AZ specifically ran outside at him all game). The drop off from what we've experienced with the LOB the past few years and a typical NFL secondary is huge and now we're finally witnessing the 'norm'. The stats the defense averaged in recent years versus the passing game are unheard of in todays NFL, it's tough to maintain that level of success.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":300147u6 said:
JSeahawks":300147u6 said:
This, he's Kelly Jennings part 2 - generally finds a way to not get completely beat and stays with receivers but has zero ball skills and constantly allows big completions where he is right there.
Yup he just lets the recievers catch a pass and makes a tackle after. But thats easy yards everytime he never jumps routes at all.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
"Ever since Cary was signed ISIS got noticeably stronger."

That will be the next thread we see about him.