From Champs To Chumps

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just incredible to witness the slow death of a championship team right before our eyes.

About the only people I can think of who doesn't share in some of the blame of this 4-5 start would be our kicker and punter. Otherwise, put on a blindfold and spin yourself around and start pointing your finger. Whomever player or coach it lands on should share in the blame.

Fat and happy. This is a team who has won a championship, gotten the rings and in many cases their payday. Become parents or living the high life on Celebrity Lane with a shiny new popstar girlfriend. Name your excuse, there's probably some merit to it.

The Legion of Boom is dead. Leave No Doubt? Yeah, leave no doubt that the Seahawks are beatable, even at home.

This is an ugly year that has a nasty stink smell to it. Fire Bevell, get Wilson laid, find some real Offensive Linemen, not these stand ins who used to play different positions, whatever needs to happen...

JUST FIX IT.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Aros":3hpqjkbm said:
Just incredible to witness the slow death of a championship team right before our eyes.

About the only people I can think of who doesn't share in some of the blame of this 4-5 start would be our kicker and punter. Otherwise, put on a blindfold and spin yourself around and start pointing your finger. Whomever player or coach it lands on should share in the blame.

Fat and happy. This is a team who has won a championship, gotten the rings and in many cases their payday. Become parents or living the high life on Celebrity Lane with a shiny new popstar girlfriend. Name your excuse, there's probably some merit to it.

The Legion of Boom is dead. Leave No Doubt? Yeah, leave no doubt that the Seahawks are beatable, even at home.

This is an ugly year that has a nasty stink smell to it. Fire Bevell, get Wilson laid, find some real Offensive Linemen, not these stand ins who used to play different positions, whatever needs to happen...

JUST FIX IT.

Yes agree, I used to think they would get it fixed and be the team of the last three years but it is not looking good. Last year if the LOB was getting beat there would be hell to pay this year it seems there is no fire or passion left. Maybe a player only meeting would help to get the fire back but I don't think it will.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Aros":1t1un6ia said:

JUST FIX IT.
Agree. Blame everywhere except the kickers. So very, very sad because this tem has the talent to be 7-2 or 8-1 at this point.

I don't believe it will be fixed, at least not this year. Dying to be wrong. What's scary is that I have this gut feeling the team has not bottomed out yet. I have this ugly feeling that could happen this Sunday when our team is beaten at home by Blaine Gabbert.

kf3339

Reaction score
Aros":1u2ocdt5 said:

JUST FIX IT.

I will add in the D-Line and Lynch. But other than them we have serious issues.

Just pathetic.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I am hopeful that what they needed was to get their nose bloodied. Lynch was exhorting the Offense on the sideline, giving them a beast mode butt kicking and they played better in the second half. Someone needs to do the same on the Defense. They need to light the competitive fire. They are not chumps yet. Still a huge amount of talent on this team. It just needs the right motivation. Someone needs to accuse them of cheating. :)

11-5 is still possible.

Go Hawks!

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
The DLine is without blame?

I get it, Bennett and Avril are having great years. But where has everyone else been?

Hill ? Mebane ? Rubin ? We're missing the push from the middle guys. Pretty much played tag yesterday with our edge rushers, and Palmer stepped up every time into a clean pocket and delivered a strike.

Not to mention, not getting much of anything from our young guys. Marsh is a no show other than what he does on special teams. Frank Clark got injured yesterday, but he hasn't hit yet and here we were thinking that this year's D Line was going to be returning to 2013 form.

So far, Irvin is playing really well, he and Bennett and Avril get a pass from me. Everyone else is that sucking sound.

If there's one key reason I look at why our back 4 have been torched recently it's that interior rush right in the face of the QB. Remember McDonald and McDaniel? They could really push the pocket...not seeing that right now. That's why we have to bring blitzes and expose our back end guys.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread, but the team itself isnt that much different than the ones the last 3 years. We have always left a thin margin of error in our successes. While there were blowouts, there were also tipped INTs, 4th and 7s, onside kicks, etc. that got us through big games.

This year, we have been in position in all 5 losses and just havent made that one extra play, whether it be on offense or defense (or punting, we didn't need that touchback last night. we needed it inside the 10) that secures 4th quarter wins.

For me, this is personnel, but moreso the mentality of the players asked to make these plays. Maybe they've lost their edge, maybe they've lost their cohesiveness. I don't know. All i know is the team is just missing "something" that is preventing it from finishing these games. Not sure it can be recaptured in time for a late season run.

The problems might not be big, but the solution may be out of reach. I hope not. Maybe this is the wake up call..

indyhawk1984

Reaction score
This team is operating without it's soul.

I use the analogy of a huge well oiled machine. How do you stop a juggernaut that cannot be slowed or stopped through conventional means? You have to attack it from within. Get inside the core of the machine, the power source, what drives it. Then you rip that out from the inside.

That is exactly what Deon Butler did when he intercepted the pass at the goaline. The very soul of the core members and leadership of this team was decimated on one play. All of a sudden our leadership is troubled, not as optimistic, think that all their sacrifices for their team was all for not.

This teams core is broken, even last night when they tried to fight hard and get the machine started back up, in the end it still sputtered and ground to a halt. It's like the nuclear fusion battery is missing, and without it...we are just a team with a bunch of talented dudes who play football. However their is no killer instinct, no lay it all on the line type effort anymore. Just a husk of a historic juggernaut.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Aros":13g43kin said:

About the only people I can think of who doesn't share in some of the blame of this 4-5 start would be our kicker and punter.

JUST FIX IT.

Admittedly It's a play that gets lost amidst all the other poor plays by the Hawks, but I don't think even the punter Ryan should get off the hook for this game. He had a chance with 6 minutes left in the game punting from midfield to pin the Cardinals inside the 10 yard line with a good punt, instead he punted it 30 yards to the 20. Maybe if the Cardinals are backed up closer to their goal line starting that drive, they play more conservatively and the Hawks defence gets a three and out. Instead the Cardinals ate up the clock and scored a TD on that drive.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I hate to say it but I think this might be the best worst team the NFL has ever seen. I know there's still 7 games left, but i can't remember a team with as much talent as this at 4-5. Maybe the 2011 Giants who finished 9-7....(then won the owl)

mikeak

Reaction score
I don't know that I agree. Seems like the hang time on the punts is not as good as it used to be....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Crizilla":1sler3u0 said:
I hate to say it but I think this might be the best worst team the NFL has ever seen. I know there's still 7 games left, but i can't remember a team with as much talent as this at 4-5. Maybe the 2011 Giants who finished 9-7....(then won the owl)

To clarify:

this 4-5 team is the worst team in the NFL? Ever? like in history. even worse than that 0-16 Lions team. Or those awful Tampa teams? Our own Rick Mirer led 1-15 team?

And its similar to another team that won the Super Bowl

logic.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
indyhawk1984":1crz5ccy said:
This team is operating without it's soul.

I use the analogy of a huge well oiled machine. How do you stop a juggernaut that cannot be slowed or stopped through conventional means? You have to attack it from within. Get inside the core of the machine, the power source, what drives it. Then you rip that out from the inside.

That is exactly what Deon Butler did when he intercepted the pass at the goaline. The very soul of the core members and leadership of this team was decimated on one play. All of a sudden our leadership is troubled, not as optimistic, think that all their sacrifices for their team was all for not.

This teams core is broken, even last night when they tried to fight hard and get the machine started back up, in the end it still sputtered and ground to a halt. It's like the nuclear fusion battery is missing, and without it...we are just a team with a bunch of talented dudes who play football. However their is no killer instinct, no lay it all on the line type effort anymore. Just a husk of a historic juggernaut.

rideaducati":1crz5ccy said:
I believe Bevell is at fault for this terrible start, but not for his play calling this season. Bevell is to blame because the World knows the mistake be made and he has not manned up or even admitted a mistake was made and has sat back and watched Pete and Russell take all the blame while EVERY player on the team blames him. Bevell then stands in front of the team and holds them accountable on a daily basis. No player can respect that kind of man.

Both

Crizilla

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3dqzzhsb said:
Crizilla":3dqzzhsb said:

To clarify:

this 4-5 team is the worst team in the NFL? Ever? like in history. even worse than that 0-16 Lions team. Or those awful Tampa teams? Our own Rick Mirer led 1-15 team?

logic.

dude

"best worst" means...you have this much talent and you're 4-5. On paper Seattle still might be the most talented team. 0-16 lions were just bad. Not even the "dream team" 08 eagles had this much talent.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Crizilla":38mwpb1w said:
Uncle Si":38mwpb1w said:
Crizilla":38mwpb1w said:

To clarify:

logic.

dude

"best worst" means...you have this much talent and you're 4-5. On paper Seattle still might be the most talented team. 0-16 lions were just bad. Not even the "dream team" 08 eagles had this much talent.

ahhh... missed the "best" part.

well, to be fair, i agree that this team could be considered one of the bigger underachieving teams in recent NFL history.