You know who I miss?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ken norton jr. Linebackers have still been playing pretty solid without him, but I feel like he was one of the coaches who really got the players hyped , focused and playin with fire and passion.

We've seen a lot of issues dealing with the price of success. Higher expectations. Losing coaches and players. Offseason distractions. Losing some if the hunger. Being the hunted instead of the hunter.

Feels like we've lost a lot of our mojo and I think losing Norton jr is a big part of that.

Still though, if these are the prices of success, winning the Super Bowl was still totally worth it. And with just a few tweaks I still think we can win another.

grizbob

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2vf5llsx said:
Ken norton jr. Linebackers have still been playing pretty solid without him, but I feel like he was one of the coaches who really got the players hyped , focused and playin with fire and passion.

We've seen a lot of issues dealing with the price of success. Higher expectations. Losing coaches and players. Offseason distractions. Losing some if the hunger. Being the hunted instead of the hunter.

Feels like we've lost a lot of our mojo and I think losing Norton jr is a big part of that.

Still though, if these are the prices of success, winning the Super Bowl was still totally worth it. And with just a few tweaks I still think we can win another.

Yup!!!

cesame

Reaction score
KJ Wright has been balling this year and Wagner is fine as well imo. I don't see them hurting the defense too much. Carolina had a lot of success running the ball vs Seattle when Wagner was out. When he's played Seattle has shut the run down.

The secondary has easily been the worst part of the defense. People will point to losing Quinn, but Kris is still here and if there's one unit on that team that is Pete's baby, it's the secondary. There's plenty of leadership there and veteran experience with the players as well.

It's just an off year. I also think Seattle is so simplistic defensively that teams know exactly how to gameplan against this defense. I mean how many times are teams going to score a TD with their TE against us? Same play all year with the TE up the seam for a TD.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I miss Norton on the sidelines too. He definitely knew how to get his guys focused and fired up.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Not once have i seen Lofa Tatupu on the sidelines or mentioned as our new linebacker coach. What's up with that? Or did something change that I don't know about?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3519p7vy said:

Yet I think, our LB group is the least of our problems.. KJ Wright for all accounts has been having an all-pro season, Wags is playing very effectively as has Irvin.

I think losing our Mojo is a manifestation of a lousy offense, big distractions in training camp and fat contracts.
I really feel our defense is dis-heartened. How can you maintain, a high degree of intensity that long when your back out on the field every 3 plays?

Our D played the way it did in years past because the offense was on the field, they wore out their opponents with grind it out, hard play and methodical nastiness that is not there. Sure, blame the OL, I do and I think it has affected how Wilson plays. We are doing to Wilson what we did to Mirer(though, he turned out, he was just a crap qb), gun shy with glazed over shell shocked eyes.

Wilson, on the other hands is a young 25 year old who in one year has had a lot dumped on him and I'm not sure he is handling it correctly.

Divorce
New contract, lots of money
Huge new house
a gorgeous distraction called love and love has a funny way of screwing with your brain.
TV/Movie roles
Baseball
Batman
Vacation during the middle of the season..
Yeah, he's had a lot of distraction and now I'm wondering if...

He's hurt in some way.

I recall him always having a habit of over throwing recievers. I don't see him doing it that much this year, it's always under thrown or thrown behind the receiver. I'm wondering if there isn't something wrong with his shoulder or arm or something.

No, I do miss Norton, I thought he should have been the DC, but I think he's the furthest from our problem.

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
I think Earl is the only guy still playing in the secondary with any passion. We did lose Quinn and Norton but we also lost lesser talked about coaches like Marquand Manuel and well other guys I'm forgetting.

The problem that really bothers me that I see is the passion isn't there. The guys that used to celebrate everything aren't as hyped up any more. Our drafts might be as good as they were early on, but it's like our old mantra of always compete doesn't work with big names already on the team. I have seen Jaye Howard go on to KC and look like a pretty good player. We haven't drafted a viable backup plan for Kam or Earl which bothers me. With all the corners we produced we never capitalized on trading them and getting something in return.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":3fh1sxu4 said:
Not once have i seen Lofa Tatupu on the sidelines or mentioned as our new linebacker coach. What's up with that? Or did something change that I don't know about?

I'm not sure what his role is on game days but he's only the assistant linebacker coach. The main LB coach is Michael Barrow.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I do miss Norton because from my perspective he and Richard got us going pregame. I haven't been disappointed with our LB play though.

I miss Quinn because we seemed to get more out of the same. We didn't need to blitz it seemed to get pressure. Richard as a play caller is Bradley esque.

I would have liked to see Seto get the play calling duties.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think Norton was the one coach that wasn't afraid to light into these guys asses too. It was a perfect yin to Pete's yang.

I personally wanted him to be defensive coordinator... but we definitely miss him on the coaching staff.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Norton should have been or DC. Wright, Avril, & Bennett have been our best defensive players.
I still believe they all play with their hearts and leave it all on the field it just feels a lot of players are playing undisciplined. Almost like they are too big for their britches. Like they got to the mountain top and now have forgotten how to get back.
Couple that with bad calls, playing gun shy (of penalties and mistakes), settling down (family stuffs), the bounces not going our way, and some of the fire seems lost by some of them.
It really is too bad. I know a lot of us feel like this team is too talented to be in this situation but sometimes adversity builds character and hopefully they can regain their swag and confidence.

Edit: I can't believe I used the word swag... Damn

Subzero717

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":3km8fyrg said:
Norton should have been or DC. Wright, Avril, & Bennett have been our best defensive players.

He coached LB. Not line. Avril and Bennett weren't in his group.