Would a player trade be next?

Chawker

Reaction score
At some point this has to be on the mind of Pete and John if things continue at it given rate. I'm just wondering if the two players that where wanting more money, if there position has changed or if they could be the first out the door in a trade?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Of the two players wanting more money.. one is playing his tail off every game (Bennett) and the other is probably underpaid (Kam) and trading him in no shape or form improves this defense.

So...

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
They both will probably get paid. I think Bennett is more valuable and I would be more concerned losing him.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Theres a cancers element in our locker room that is going to have to dealt with at some point. Maybe its a matter of too many high dollar low draft picks, playing at a higher level then they where projected.

Kam was a fifth round selection and Benett was a free agent signing (if my memory isn't failing me) but who's not playing well this season or has cost us the most? Bennett wants more, but hes been on the field playing. And on the other hand, Kam's held out two games while having a sub-par season. Its my belief that Kam is beyond a doubt the cancer lerking in our team and until he is dealt with via a trade, nothing will improve for the hawks. And to all that think keeping him is a option, he's a fifth round draft pick, take a 2 or 3rd and smile. And the sooner the better. Cheers

Hawks46

Reaction score
Explain to me how trading Bennett or Kam makes our defense better.

Yes, Kam is playing worse than he was last year. But look at our defense when he was holding out. Is that preferable ? If there was a Kam Chancellor in every draft, why hasn't everyone drafted one yet ?

Then think on the last few trades our FO has enacted. We're a great drafting team, but we get fleeced a lot when trading. We typically get less for our players and pay more for other teams' players. This is probably due to us being so damned good at drafting that we can afford to make home run swings at trades, but getting a 3rd (or even a 2nd) round pick for Bennett or Kam isn't convincing me that it's making our team better.

Seymour

Reaction score
We are better off in the long run without Kam for the same reason we were with Percy, addition by subtraction. One look at Sherm and even Earl should tell that there is a serious disconnect in the secondary. Gotta do what we gotta do. Kam also is still under contract, and that all the sudden is not good enough for him. Wasn't until Wilson and Wagner got paid that this even was an issue.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Seymour":3oawbexe said:
We are better off in the long run without Kam for the same reason we were with Percy, addition by subtraction. One look at Sherm and even Earl should tell that there is a serious disconnect in the secondary. Gotta do what we gotta do. Kam also is still under contract, and that all the sudden is not good enough for him. Wasn't until Wilson and Wagner got paid that this even was an issue.

Its nice to see that one person in here understands my logic. Cheers

Basis4day

Reaction score
It would need to wait till the offseason since the trade deadline passed