Cary Williams allowed that last TD

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else noticed this but Cary Williams put absolutely no effort into tackling Arizona's running back on that draw play to seal the game in the 4th. He was playing up field and got into an arm battle with the receiver. I replayed the moment a few times and he could have easily pushed the receiver into the path of the running back to knock him out of bounds. It looked like a slapping duel between them. Embarrassing. I hate Cary Williams. It seems like he is always putting in zero effort.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Anyone have a GIF? I've seen thismentioned a few time, but haven't been able to find the replay. I was so livid during the game, II didn't even notice it. I agree, Williams I awful. Just plain awful. Dumped by Baltimore. Dumped by Philadelphia. I have no idea what Pete and John saw in him to give him $7 Mil a year. What a waste. We need to see more Tye Smith. He was impressive in preseason. Cary Williams has had a hard fall from grace since his Gruden's grinder days!

peppersjap

Reaction score
I agree but the only chance we still had was to let them score so we would get the ball back and do what we did. We at least ended up with an on side kick try and had a chance. If they had tackled him after he had the 1st down they take a knee and game over but does suck to see so little effort.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Cary Williams allows much.

Happens when you play patty-cake with receivers instead of football.

drrew

Reaction score
hawks85":qyvt76ro said:
williams is the weak link back there. i dont care what anybody says.

Has there been a single person that has indicated anything else?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Williams played to his standard and what people expect of him. Richard Sherman did not play to his standard. Sherman was awful last night. Both DBs were awful, Floyd and Fitz had over 100 yards receiving each. Not good from your starting CBs. One who is a pro-bowler.

soohawk

Reaction score
williams was and is a huge liability

joke of a contract and we are getting horrible production for that money

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
I remember in 2013, Wagner everywhere. Last year he goes out defense stalls. He's back on the team and things move again. Not as purposely. But competent.

This year he's a non-factor. Sure a good player but not the ace GB and DQ positioned.

Chris Richard doesn't know how to coordinate the whole defense, nor do we as a team adjust. Last two years in all of the o's three and outs, opposing defenses took advantage the first half and then were shut down. Even if our guys were on the field the whole game there was gas in the tank and adjustments to the scheme. Our awesome D doesn't change anymore. A tendency to leave a hole in a zone doesn't change.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Cary is an ok player in a scheme that could accommodate a weak link on his side. This current scheme doesn't adjust and wags and earl can't crash down as hard on the left side

massari

Reaction score
soohawk":2kec3yll said:
williams was and is a huge liability

joke of a contract and we are getting horrible production for that money
I think everyone thought he got a terrible contract right away but everyone was unsure because of JS/PC's successful history evaluating players, especially DB's.

Don't know what they were thinking signing Williams to such a horrible contract.

djb28

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":kl1stcef said:
Cary Williams allows much.

Happens when you play patty-cake with receivers instead of football.
LOL. Humor sure goes unnoticed here, A lot.