Wilson year 1 and 2 pump fake

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
All though we seem to be "missing" a lot of things this year, I really do miss the rookie and sophomore pump fake #3 used to use. I think it really helps make plays. *sigh*

Seymour

Reaction score
I too have noticed that. Pump fakes and looking off the defender both seem to have gotten lost. They call that survival mode when you drop everything other than necessary movements to aid in living to see another day.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I find it interesting that both Wilson and his niner rival Kaep have both regressed (to different extent) after ditching the pump fake.

Looking off defenders or using a pump fake truly does help WRs get open or stay open.

If Wilson could ever get good at the quick passes then the defense would have to respect a quick pump fake and that would help open up the medium and long routes.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I call it "DCS" (David Carr Syndrome)

#3 is the most hit QB in the NFL or was anyway. This has too effect a guy and I call that effect "DCS"

Many good young QBs have fallen to this effect. RG 3 being one of the more recent ones that come to mind.
I hope that the Seahawks can rectify the issue and get it done soon. I fear the outcome if they don't.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":56x19wln said:
I call it "DCS" (David Carr Syndrome)

#3 is the most hit QB in the NFL or was anyway. This has too effect a guy and I call that effect "DCS"

Many good young QBs have fallen to this effect. RG 3 being one of the more recent ones that come to mind.
I hope that the Seahawks can rectify the issue and get it done soon. I fear the outcome if they don't.

To many it probably looks an overreaction and Wilson's regression has been placed on his celebrity lifestyle/inability to see/being figured out.

I'm not going to rule them out because I don't know that they're not contributory. What I do know is the instant pressure he's continued to face over the last two seasons is not going to be conducive to his development as a passing QB, and the panicky/pressing Russ we've seen over the past two seasons (because it's not just this year, there were signs of it early in 2014 too) is a stark contrast to the guy we saw down the stretch in the 12', 13' and 14' seasons.

I keep going back to it, but whenever I think of our offense in Rhythm and Russ being red-hot, it occurs when we're playing a faster, more up-tempo series, one that doesn't allow the defense to get there breath back and guess the next play before it happens/be full go when we snap it. You'll struggle to find a more athletic O-line in the NFL, we're literally perfect for the hurry-up. Want to compensate for that inexperience and make use of that athleticism on the O-line? play faster football, impose our will on the defense, don't succumb to theirs. At least try and facilitate our offense; our inability to to so and instead remain stubborn is a poor reflection on the coaching, imo.

I think the hurry up can definitely help the offense in the sense of having a sense of pace, and it tires out their defensive linemen and their defense in general. Sometimes it can make their calls a little bit softer in the sense of they can't make their calls as quick as they want to and bring people in and out of the game as they want to...

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201509 ... /150919076

Russ made these comments after the St. Louis loss, 10 weeks later, we're seeing the same problem. The no-huddle/hurry-up isn't just there when you're down a lot of points in the game, or with 2 minutes left in each half, yet watching the Seahawks you'd think it was exclusively for those situations.

Back on topic, I don't know the reasons for the lack of pump-fake, but I'm guessing it's something to do with Russ's lack of trust for the O-line. We only ever see him try it outside of the pocket now.

redhawk253

Reaction score
Seymour":f0m8mytw said:
I too have noticed that. Pump fakes and looking off the defender both seem to have gotten lost. They call that survival mode when you drop everything other than necessary movements to aid in living to see another day.
This is exactly what i posted in the other thread.. wilson is being rushed.. his motion his progressions.. everything.. this has affected his accuracy and decision making.. even on downs when he isnt pressured he clearly has it in the back of his head that hes worried about it..

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
redhawk253":38viie84 said:
Seymour":38viie84 said:
This is exactly what i posted in the other thread.. wilson is being rushed.. his motion his progressions.. everything.. this has affected his accuracy and decision making.. even on downs when he isnt pressured he clearly has it in the back of his head that hes worried about it..

I can imagine it would be hard to ignore the truth when your standing in the pocket as a QB with the worst o-line in the league. I'd have a hard time feeling safe too.