Regarding opposing teams and penalties

Laloosh

Reaction score
There's been some discussion on the topic. Not sure what winds up in this thread but ** BEFORE ** you start chirping about "the refs didn't lose the game for us", I'm not blaming the loss on the refs. Never do but I do bitch at my television a lot when watching opposing offenses' linemen hold Avril and Bennett and not be called for it.

Q1 AZ's very first play from scrimmage
iXv9Pun.gif

Q1 AZ's 3rd play from scrimmage
MQUxQ7t

Q1 Second Drive
Q1 10:21 1st and 10 - TE holds Avril, preventing the tackle. No call.
JOwch8l

Q1 09:41 2nd and 4 - This winds up being a 1st down.
H24FAB2

Q1 05:42 3rd and 13 - Shead called for defensive holding.
4oRk3li

Q1 02:37 3rd and 6 (from the SEA 6) - Hands to the face, holding, oh well... Luckily Earl gets the pick.
EXdc5Ak

Q2 11:21 3rd and 8 - Sherm called for PI but the RG dry humps Jordan Hill and gets away with it.
Jr2oTWf

Q2 08:53 3rd and 9 - Converts on the pass. TD a few plays later.
YCloHyX

Obviously I'm looking or these but seriously? We had 10-15 yard penalties in all of our first 3 drives. Will provide them for comparison.

Q1 12:13 1st and 10 - Facemask called on Gilliam.
PyzRkGh

Q1 02:29 1st and 10 - Holding on Britt.
H5Bhrjk

Q2 12:46 1st and 10 - Holding on Willson.
UlOAXGu

QuahHawk

Reaction score
The holding on Willson was a horrible call. Otherwise I saw plenty of holds from both teams it just too bad they didn't' call it on both teams. I guess that's what we get for dominating prime time games in the past. The NFL has to help our opponents out as much as possible.

HawkGA

Reaction score
That Will son call is horrible. Absolutely horrible. On the facemask there was a tweet that they got the number wrong and it should have been called on 80-something. I still don't see it though, unless it was away from the ball.

Boycie

Reaction score
Laloosh":2xvhh1ge said:
There's been some discussion on the topic. Not sure what winds up in this thread but ** BEFORE ** you start chirping about "the refs didn't lose the game for us", I'm not blaming the loss on the refs. Never do but I do bitch at my television a lot when watching opposing offenses' linemen hold Avril and Bennett and not be called for it.

Q1 AZ's very first play from scrimmage
iXv9Pun.gif

Q1 AZ's 3rd play from scrimmage
MQUxQ7t

Q1 Second Drive
Q1 10:21 1st and 10 - TE holds Avril, preventing the tackle. No call.
JOwch8l

Q1 09:41 2nd and 4 - This winds up being a 1st down.
H24FAB2

Q1 05:42 3rd and 13 - Shead called for defensive holding.
4oRk3li

Q1 02:37 3rd and 6 (from the SEA 6) - Hands to the face, holding, oh well... Luckily Earl gets the pick.
EXdc5Ak

Q2 11:21 3rd and 8 - Sherm called for PI but the RG dry humps Jordan Hill and gets away with it.
Jr2oTWf

Q2 08:53 3rd and 9 - Converts on the pass. TD a few plays later.
YCloHyX

Obviously I'm looking or these but seriously? We had 10-15 yard penalties in all of our first 3 drives. Will provide them for comparison.

Q1 12:13 1st and 10 - Facemask called on Gilliam.
PyzRkGh

Q1 02:29 1st and 10 - Holding on Britt.
H5Bhrjk

Q2 12:46 1st and 10 - Holding on Willson.
UlOAXGu

I'm gonna put my tinfoil hat on here now, and say that now that we are pretty much out of the division title race, the refs will start to give us those calls. The fix is in.

Hawks46

Reaction score
A lot of the interior stuff goes on pretty much every play, with every team.

What really pisses me off, and starts the whole conspiracy theory thing, is that there is no consistency. Hell, I get different crews and different teams, but there is one guy that is responsible for watching the line, and he's the same guy all game. You're seeing us get nailed on marginal stuff, and the opponents get away scott free.

The other big issue I have is that a lot of AZ's stuff was off the edge. It was very visible and blatant, while interior stuff is hard to see (unless you have a Seahawk helmet on evidently).

I could try and go off of reputation, as in our OL is terrible so they're going to hold, but AZ's RT has a reputation for being pretty bad this year.

I honestly can't blame the DL for not getting a pass rush. They guy mugged constantly, and might be the most disrespected squad in the entire NFL.

I'm pretty much emotionally divorced from us making the playoffs, and a deep run is all but impossible with this team, but honestly, what the hell did we do to the NFL ? Most teams would show a 2-3 year disparity, show clips off all the stuff that is going on and is being missed and called against them, and address it to the NFL. After all, isn't parity the white whale that the league is questing after, to make it exactly even? If the NFL doesn't take it seriously, I'd have serious doubts about the validity of the NFL as an actual sport, and more of an entertainment entity, like the WWE.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Amazing work Laloosh. You get my vote for poster of the year and no that is not the same as poster child that I'm ussually in the running for.

Thanks for the work.

Is there a way to get this type of info to someone who could actually use it and let the NFL know there crap is being tracked and exposed?

Anyway thanks again.

Hustle_Wilson

Reaction score
Hawks46":30kje84p said:
I'm pretty much emotionally divorced from us making the playoffs, and a deep run is all but impossible with this team, but honestly, what the hell did we do to the NFL ? Most teams would show a 2-3 year disparity, show clips off all the stuff that is going on and is being missed and called against them, and address it to the NFL. After all, isn't parity the white whale that the league is questing after, to make it exactly even? If the NFL doesn't take it seriously, I'd have serious doubts about the validity of the NFL as an actual sport, and more of an entertainment entity, like the WWE.

Made this (longer) case in this thread http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=118318

Don't mess with Roger McMahon! The league has to love Cam making headlines and being on an undefeated squad. And the Vikings at 7-2 with the potential to go up 2 + tiebreaker. AP redemption story!

Hell of a job, Laloosh! Awesome evidence.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1rw5ksrt said:
Is there a way to get this type of info to someone who could actually use it and let the NFL know there crap is being tracked and exposed?

Anyway thanks again.

Quite welcome, though I'd never take this any further than a thread like this. While I don't take anything away from AZ, the refs were inconsistent at best and willfully ignorant at worst. The holds on Avril and Bennett are both obvious and occur on important downs.

I didn't parse all of the Seattle plays so maybe there's a bunch of stuff not being called that way either. Just thought that the lack of holding on opposing teams when it's so blatant (and on 3rd down for example), is pretty ridiculous.

I know that there are penalties on every play but I think that some of these gifs show just how inconsistent the calls were.

I'm not angry right now but I'm pretty vocal about it when I watch the game lol.