Friction, greed, and Ciara

Hawkfish

Reaction score

blue 22

Reaction score
Rightfully so... Hawks have ALOT of problems.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Can't argue with any of it.

I'd like to see some of this stuff printed out and posted in the locker room.

It's also not a secret that we're not getting good value out of the Sherman, Wilson, and Wagner contracts right now.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hawks have 3 problems, none of which are mentioned in the OP.

1. Teams have figured out Cover 3. Lots of teams run Cover 3 because the Hawks have had so much success with it. Teams now see it and scheme for it regularly. We are working on adjusting, but so far it has not clicked. Is that personnel or coaching?

2. We have a young and inexperienced Oline which may or may not be contributing to Lynch being off. He may just be getting old, but it's hard to tell from the last game when we start first and 20 to 25 in the first 4 drives. I was hoping to see improvements in the line, but we shot ourselves in the foot. If it isn't the line making him look a step off we may have 3 and 1/2 problems.

3. They have figured out the read option. Too many teams were busting people up with the RO and forced teams to account for it, and they've been very disciplined.

We have the talent, but do we have the will to make the adjustments and take our game to the next level? I think we do, but I don't know if we'll get it done this year. Might not get it working until next year.

That said, 11-5 is still alive.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I really don't like to talk about an athlete's personal life. Let him live his life, we as fans just need to care about football period. I think somewhere in 2013, Seahawks figured out the read option after looking at Redskins play, now we need to figure out if we can do something better than others. We don't have a QB who can throw with anticipation rather wait for the breakway WR to make some throws unless we are in dire situations where we then make those throws. We are tiring our defense and keeping them longer on the field. The offense needs to make long lasting drives. Get a consultant, get someone who can help when they need help. The team needs to figure out their offensive identity, Russel has zero confidence,we need to coach him up instead of stopping him and making him play prevent offense.

Largent80

Reaction score
LOL, in EVERY SINGLE GAME that we have won OR lost. There is maybe one or two plays deciding the difference and everyone, everywhere is blowing a gasket about every single aspect of this team, ....and THEN SOME. It's ridiculous.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Largent80":10k8phlh said:
LOL, in EVERY SINGLE GAME that we have won OR lost. There is maybe one or two plays deciding the difference and everyone, everywhere is blowing a gasket about every single aspect of this team, ....and THEN SOME. It's ridiculous.

I completely agree with you and in my 3 points of darkness, I don't think we have to fix each of those 100%. We just need to be a little bit better in all three and we will win 7 in a row.

Rob12

Reaction score
Largent80":276ejkj2 said:

It's not really that, though. This team has beat:

Jimmy Clausen
Matt Stafford
Colin Kaepernick
Matt Cassel

When we play a team that actually has their starting QB playing, we're 0-5 and our defense is performing like a bottom 5 unit. That is a huge fall from where we've been recently. Since the SB, the defense has allowed 30 PPG and over 350 yards to opposing teams in our losses. It's no longer a small sample size.

Whether it's been one or two plays or not is irrelevant. Great teams don't let those one or two plays define them and decide outcomes.

Including the SB, this team has dropped six out of their last 10 games. By comparison, Jacksonville has done the same thing.

This roster is too talented to be performing like this. So what's the cause? I think it's a locker room mired in turmoil, and a collection of stars that have gotten their payday and have lost the chip that used to exist on their shoulders.

These next seven games will truly reveal the who these Seahawks really are. My heart says they turn it around, but my mind says that big changes need to be made to stop the bleeding.

Largent80

Reaction score
So, you name the QB's we beat. How about who we lost to?

Palmer, having a career year, team is balling
Dalton....ditto...overtime loss
Rodgers.....not as well lately, but on fire when we played them.
Foles..... against a weak defense missing players. overtime loss
Newton....Having his best year and undefeated team.

It is TOTALLY relevant that we came up short a play here or there.

mrt144

Reaction score
Hawks46":2vu5ju5e said:
Can't argue with any of it.

I'd like to see some of this stuff printed out and posted in the locker room.

It's also not a secret that we're not getting good value out of the Sherman, Wilson, and Wagner contracts right now.

Nobody should have to read the NYPost. Remember their "Ike Beats Tina to Death" headline?

StoneCold

Reaction score
Rob12":15jswb1j said:
Largent80":15jswb1j said:

Jimmy Clausen
Matt Stafford
Colin Kaepernick
Matt Cassel

When we play a team that actually has their starting QB playing, we're 0-5 and our defense is performing like a bottom 5 unit. That is a huge fall from where we've been recently. Since the SB, the defense has allowed 30 PPG and over 350 yards to opposing teams in our losses. It's no longer a small sample size.

Whether it's been one or two plays or not is irrelevant. Great teams don't let those one or two plays define them and decide outcomes.

Including the SB, this team has dropped six out of their last 10 games. By comparison, Jacksonville has done the same thing.

This roster is too talented to be performing like this. So what's the cause? I think it's a locker room mired in turmoil, and a collection of stars that have gotten their payday and have lost the chip that used to exist on their shoulders.

These next seven games will truly reveal the who these Seahawks really are. My heart says they turn it around, but my mind says that big changes need to be made to stop the bleeding.

Big changes? Like what?

Here are the games we've lost and by how many points:

Rams 3
Packers 10
Bengals 3
Panthers 4
Cardinals 7

We do not need to make big changes to turn things around.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Rob12":2cb490vg said:

Jimmy Clausen
Matt Stafford
Colin Kaepernick
Matt Cassel

When we play a team that actually has their starting QB playing, we're 0-5 and our defense is performing like a bottom 5 unit.

That's overstating things. We've not been blown out in any game, ever. We're five plays from being undefeated, and that's a big distinction from playing like 2009.

I'll agree that our defense, particularly the secondary, has taken a step back. But those losses have come against QBs that are likely to be in their conference championships. As losses go, they're easier to take.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This team has a chance.

Just not this year.

But I don't think you get to use the word Dynasty for going to 2 SBs. At a minimum 3, and 3-4 yrs of at least reaching the conference championships.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
See I see it the opposite. I see teams struggling all over the NFC right now. Teams losing key players, QB's being benched, QB's not playing well.

I see Seattle having more opportunity than ever to make a move now.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":26cpfqnm said:
See I see it the opposite. I see teams struggling all over the NFC right now. Teams losing key players, QB's being benched, QB's not playing well.

I see Seattle having more opportunity than ever to make a move now.

When Carolina is the "best" team in the conference, there is always a chance.

They have no margin for error now, but it can be done.

And agreed with others...the NFL is a game of inches. A few things here and there and this team could be anywhere from 2-7 to 8-1.

Think back to last years NFC championship game. Inches from losing. Think about how different we all would feel at 4-5 had we lost that Green Bay game last year, with this on top of it.

Its never as bad or as good as we think it is.

Rob12

Reaction score
Fair enough, guys. Thank you for bringing me back to earth. It's just been an insanely frustrating season.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Not buying it. Hawks have been only a couple plays each game from winning all of them. Lack of focus and raw O-line is holding us back this year but this team will still have Super Bowl talent for years to come.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
There's A LOT of blame to go around.

Offense:
- O Line - Garbage in every single way
- RW pass the ball quicker
- Bevell - His job to call the best plays for the scenario and what the players and team are capable of doing. You could have the most beautiful gameplan in the world, but if your team is incapable of executing it. It's a bad game plan.
- Offense as a whole - the inability to score points in the red zone and/or convert third downs have put even more strain on this defense. Scoring points forces the opponents to play from behind and throw the ball, usually playing into the strength of the Hawks defense. Not converting 3rd downs, obviously keeps defense on the field for too long. Players get tired.

Defense:
- They are getting burned, figure out your gaps and communication
- If the refs are flag happy, cool it
- Despite what I said above, if you have a 4th quarter lead, you're expected to help maintain it, not give it up.
- Bam Bam - that hold out was garbage and I still think cost the Hawks at least one game. Also you want your money next year, then set the tone. I'm not seeing any tone setting.

Special Teams:
Lockett - Love the guy, but right now he's famine or feast. I'm sure with more experience he'll get a little better about when to and not take risks.

The above being said, I should be glad that everything seems fixable, as it's not a talent problem (well maybe on the O-Line).

Latest posts