Greg Cosell's breakdown of Palmer's night vs SEA

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 32775.html

Basically, the article says that Arizona had both a great gameplan for beating our secondary and a QB who's having a career season and made all the throws.

It's our tendency around here to blame Seattle entirely for our mistakes. Yet our losses have come largely against QBs who are having legitimate career seasons (as evidenced by their beating other teams as well). Give credit to our opponents.

seahawks08

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1dewxgoe said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/greg-cosell-s-week-10-review--carson-palmer-s-big-game-at-seattle-163332775.html

Basically, the article says that Arizona had both a great gameplan for beating our secondary and a QB who's having a career season and made all the throws.

It's our tendency around here to blame Seattle entirely for our mistakes. Yet our losses have come largely against QBs who are having legitimate career seasons (as evidenced by their beating other teams as well). Give credit to our opponents.

I will give credit to the opponents, but if we are build around our defense and invested heavily, we should be able to suffocate any QB. We suffocated career QBs like Manning, Brady, Newton in previous years. I watched Houston play against Cincinnati last Monday. Our defense has the personnel to do it, there is something fundamentally wrong the way we are either game planning, coaching or executing. We must fix it, if we consider ourselves elite, we need to be a step ahead of any opposing teams game plan and on execution.

Boycie

Reaction score
seahawks08":ncus3tx4 said:
MontanaHawk05":ncus3tx4 said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/greg-cosell-s-week-10-review--carson-palmer-s-big-game-at-seattle-163332775.html

I will give credit to the opponents, but if we are build around our defense and invested heavily, we should be able to suffocate any QB. We suffocated career QBs like Manning, Brady, Newton in previous years. I watched Houston play against Cincinnati last Monday. Our defense has the personnel to do it, there is something fundamentally wrong the way we are either game planning, coaching or executing. We must fix it, if we consider ourselves elite, we need to be a step ahead of any opposing teams game plan and on execution.

Dan Quinn. That's the difference.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Only one of those should have been a TD and it's the one that had the best coverage (by Williams). The out route to Fitz is an example of what they did to our zone all night. They really spread us out.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Agreed. DQ made better adjustments when he saw what opposing O's did than Richard. DQ s defenses locked down in 3&4Qs. Richard's open up.

Yea the o gives them lots of tries but Seattle always had a decent amount of 3 and outs.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Any Defensive system can be countered.
The Patriots found the way to breech the Seahawks Defense system, and other teams are now following suit.
We can't seem to get to the Quarterback, or even pressure him into making mistakes, and given enough time, an even mediocre QB will start getting a rhythm, ESPECIALLY with a Spread Offense.
Sherman's momentary confusion that gave up that TD is proof of Teams finding ways to interrupt, and confuse the Seahawks Defensive system.
I believe it might be time for Pete & Co. to go back to the drawing board, and get away from with the notion of the Cheapening O-Line experiment, otherwise, the Seahawks are going to continue with losing the Time Of Possession battles, thus Keeping our Defense out there for a lot more wearing down and injuries.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I don't really blame the defense. As far as I'm concerned, they get a few holding calls and I think things look a lot different.

That said, there were at least 2 or 3 times early on where there was a free runner at Palmer and he took one step and the defender missed. A bit more discipline and making those hits and I think that changes the game a lot too.

mikeak

Reaction score
Despite all the points allowed I put the loss on a complete failure to move the ball forward in the first half

sdog1981

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer" Dan Quinn. That's the difference.[/quote said:
Ouch right in the feels with that one man. Also look at the turn around in attitude in Atlanta.

The Outfield

Reaction score
The dude made ALL the right throws. Right on the money. He had a miraculous night... unfortunately.

kearly

Reaction score
Palmer played a very good game, but I think that performance would have maybe gotten him 20 points against the 2013-2014 secondaries. Other than the amazing deep TD to Floyd, pretty much every other big play came off Seattle mistakes.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":z3z2tdfc said:
seahawks08":z3z2tdfc said:
MontanaHawk05":z3z2tdfc said:

Dan Quinn. That's the difference.

Not only did we lose our DC in Quinn but by moving Richard up we effectively lost our secondary coach as well as our LB'r coach (who I felt was a very inspirational motivator of the whole defense) Ken Norton Jr. That is a lot for the D in one year.

That being said, I think our D would look much better if they were not on the field for 40 mins plus a game. Yes, some of that is on them but even more is on the O.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":1mgdxdpv said:
That being said, I think our D would look much better if they were not on the field for 40 mins plus a game. Yes, some of that is on them but even more is on the O.

I too believe the defense is getting worn down from a lack of effective and sustained offensive drives and TOP... but the D from '13 & '14 was pretty much a bend, don't break, 3 penalties, 12 play, 7 minute drive and then take-it-away-in-the-endzone or kick a field goal kind of defense...

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Great QB and great WRs just won the day. That passing attack is no joke. If Palmer stays healthy all year I will not be surprised at all to see them in the Bowl.