Compete

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
I remember when pete and john got here that is is all we heard. It was the one single thing they where focused on. Since the end of last year and into this one it just something they say not believe. Where is the next man up when one player was bad. It didn't matter the money they where being paid. It was who was the best for this team. I know drafts and such and they got some good players there first year. But if the guys that got paid don't have to worry. We find them where they are now.

The same could be said with the coaches. Pete preached that everyone had to compete. From the ball boy on up. Its the thing that made this team not just good but great. And I believe that it is DEAD. Pete is a players coach we all know that. But I think he has slide into the Holmgren mindset. And I believe it has turn into the thing that is killing us. When is the last time we heard. That someone got replaced because x player could just play better.

So it is with that thought that I say we will see this crap football. We need the pete we first saw and bought into. Not the one that is sunshine and rainbows. We need the guy that would cut your backside if u sucked. Ok Rant over sorry but its what I feel. And think we as a team need to see. :thirishdrinkers:

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawkcrazzed":ryjz8uta said:
I remember when pete and john got here that is is all we heard. It was the one single thing they where focused on. Since the end of last year and into this one it just something they say not believe. Where is the next man up when one player was bad. It didn't matter the money they where being paid. It was who was the best for this team. I know drafts and such and they got some good players there first year. But if the guys that got paid don't have to worry. We find them where they are now.

The same could be said with the coaches. Pete preached that everyone had to compete. From the ball boy on up. Its the thing that made this team not just good but great. And I believe that it is DEAD. Pete is a players coach we all know that. But I think he has slide into the Holmgren mindset. And I believe it has turn into the thing that is killing us. When is the last time we heard. That someone got replaced because x player could just play better.

So it is with that thought that I say we will see this crap football. We need the pete we first saw and bought into. Not the one that is sunshine and rainbows. We need the guy that would cut your backside if u sucked. Ok Rant over sorry but its what I feel. And think we as a team need to see. :thirishdrinkers:

Which player on this team is getting on the field in front of someone proven better? The closest one i can think of is Lockett, but his snaps have dramatically increased over the course of the season and he has double duty as KR/PR and gets a fair share of licks.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Basis4day":986u6uum said:
hawkcrazzed":986u6uum said:

Which player on this team is getting on the field in front of someone proven better? The closest one i can think of is Lockett, but his snaps have dramatically increased over the course of the season and he has double duty as KR/PR and gets a fair share of licks.

Lockett might be our best WR right now. He runs very good routes, is insanely quick out of breaks, and gets the most separation of anyone on the team. The problem is, he hasn't played with Wilson for 2.5 years, so he hasn't had enough time to "build chemistry" with Wilson.

Also, they have him running routes that Wilson has shown to be pretty inaccurate this season: shallow crossers, slants and intermediate crossing routes. Wilson has been throwing behind or over him consistently, when he sees him at all.