With Seahawks reeling, Russell Wilson under the microscope

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm not even sure why but I hate this response from bevell even though it's true on this particular play. He's guilty of this at times as well yet hasn't to my knowledge ever owned that. The fade to Baldwin against KC is one example. You dial up what was possibly your lowest percentage play possible. I still think the problem with the offense isn't so much bevell as it is him trying to share the job with Cable. Too many hands in the pot.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I have been saying for a while now that Bevell's pressers have become a rather subtle don't blame me exercise.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3g44stxz said:
Scottemojo":3g44stxz said:
I have been saying for a while now that Bevell's pressers have become a rather subtle don't blame me exercise.

That was subtle?
More subtle than when he blamed Lockette.
Also, he couched this particular criticism with a mention that Kearse got held. He always couches his subtle digs somehow.

I am more an more convinced that Bevell is gone after this year, and posterity will show it was a year too late.

blue 22

Reaction score
In before souixhawk gets a subtle dig at scottmojo! :)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
blue 22":jvubpbxe said:
When he answers my question about who is more vital to the future of the Hawks, Wilson or Bevell, without a bullshit non answer that they both are, then I will care .001 percent more what he thinks.

mikeak

Reaction score
Bevell blamed RW and Cable blamed him as well. Don't have the actual quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... atest-loss

Offensive line coach Tom Cable, who is holding the O-line together with duct tape and chicken wire, blamed Wilson for both sacks.

I PERSONALLY HATE when the team goes to the media like this.

If they want stuff to stay in the locker room then they better start with looking in the mirror. Bevell takes ZERO responsibility for his errors and I don't recall Cable coming out and saying that his guys had multiple holding calls and continue to let guys come through and that he is responsible for that.

Start with yourself and then work internally with others.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":uqwtlnfg said:
OkieHawk":uqwtlnfg said:

That was subtle?
More subtle than when he blamed Lockette.
Also, he couched this particular criticism with a mention that Kearse got held. He always couches his subtle digs somehow.

I am more an more convinced that Bevell is gone after this year, and posterity will show it was a year too late.
Completely agree with you on all accounts.

blue 22":uqwtlnfg said:
When he answers my question about who is more vital to the future of the Hawks, Wilson or Bevell, without a bullshit non answer that they both are, then I will care .001 percent more what he thinks.
That's more than I will. You're a nice person Scott.\

mikeak":uqwtlnfg said:
Bevell blamed RW and Cable blamed him as well. Don't have the actual quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... atest-loss

Offensive line coach Tom Cable, who is holding the O-line together with duct tape and chicken wire, blamed Wilson for both sacks.

I PERSONALLY HATE when the team goes to the media like this.

If they want stuff to stay in the locker room then they better start with looking in the mirror. Bevell takes ZERO responsibility for his errors and I don't recall Cable coming out and saying that his guys had multiple holding calls and continue to let guys come through and that he is responsible for that.

Start with yourself and then work internally with others.

Agree with your assertion that both Bevell and Cable should look at themselves first even though we all see the same holes in Russ' game they are speaking about. This stuff should never go public, and it doesn't on a team that runs their ship properly. Pete has lost the team and the coaches. This whole franchise is a complete mess right now. "Rotting from the inside" indeed.

Anthony!

Reaction score
My issue is not just that they went public, but frankly as bad as this oline has been, as many times as Wilson has bailed them out and then when they have an okay game you throw Wilson under the tires. He mentions sacks but fails to mention the 17+ hits, and hurries they got him Wilson is also way to much. OR the pejalties the olien made that got us into many 20+ yard down range. Same goes for Bevell as many times as Wilson has taken what was a horrible play call and then made something out of it, and yet he throw Wilson under the bus, The main issue is we will never really know because the play he is talking about the 2 pt conversion, you had Kearse complaining instead of running his route, and Baldwin got turned a round and they were both within 5 yards of each other. All this is going to do is split the locker room. They have decided rather than admitting their own failures they will just throw Wilson under the bus. I would not be surprised if something big does not happen this off season.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Carroll and Cable have been throwing subtle shade at the QB play going back to last season. This is not specific to one coach or a particularly new phenomenon. It is a lot of the same things that some on this forum have been seeing since that time.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Anthony!":266fvzni said:
My issue is not just that they went public, but frankly as bad as this oline has been, as many times as Wilson has bailed them out and then when they have an okay game you throw Wilson under the tires. He mentions sacks but fails to mention the 17+ hits, and hurries they got him Wilson is also way to much. OR the pejalties the olien made that got us into many 20+ yard down range. Same goes for Bevell as many times as Wilson has taken what was a horrible play call and then made something out of it, and yet he throw Wilson under the bus, The main issue is we will never really know because the play he is talking about the 2 pt conversion, you had Kearse complaining instead of running his route, and Baldwin got turned a round and they were both within 5 yards of each other. All this is going to do is split the locker room. They have decided rather than admitting their own failures they will just throw Wilson under the bus. I would not be surprised if something big does not happen this off season.

You lose credibility when you refuse to acknowledge his part in the losses.

mikeak

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2bh5uiii said:
Carroll and Cable have been throwing subtle shade at the QB play going back to last season. This is not specific to one coach or a particularly new phenomenon. It is a lot of the same things that some on this forum have been seeing since that time.

What that does point to is a philosophical difference with the teams QB.

Maybe Cable, Carroll and Bevell needs to understand the strenghts of the QB and try to gameplan accordingly instead of complaining when he doesn't align with their plan........

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1j4wnbhu said:

My impression is that the Hawks coaching staff has been much more likely to be critical of Wilson's play in the media this season, after he got his franchise QB contract, than they were in previous seasons when he was signed for around league minimum.

Totally speculation on my part, but I wonder if the coaching staff still feels a little sore at Wilson due to the contentiousness of the contract negotiation in the offseason and how some of that contentiousness filtered it's way into the media through Wilson's agent (instead of keeping everything in house in order to "protect the team" as Carroll preaches). Perhaps that has something to do with the staff being a little bit more critical of Wilson through the media this season.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
The butt-saving 'don't blame me for our failure' operation is well under way from Bevell. Look after number one all you want, you're done after this year.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
mikeak":19mxjto0 said:
DavidSeven":19mxjto0 said:

Maybe Cable, Carroll and Bevell needs to understand the strenghts of the QB and try to gameplan accordingly instead of complaining when he doesn't align with their plan........

What strength would that be....running? Scrambling around and hitting broken plays down field?

I'm not entirely sure what other major "strengths" he has at this point.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The damage Bevell has done to this team is incalculable.

Not even sure who to blame at this point.

After the SB, there were whispers that Bevell did not even call that play - that Wilson called that one himself and Bevell took that one to avoid it falling on Wilson. Not sure I can buy that when every other press conference is Bevell throwing someone else under the bus, whether his fault or not.

The big problem is that behavior directly contradicts one of the most important pieces of the Carroll rules, the glue that hold the team together so it can reach the goal. Specifically the "protect the team" mantra. How can Bevell be "protecting the team" when he is routinely, if not subtly pointing the finger of blame at players? How can players be expected to conform to a set of rules that their own coaches do not bother to?

Without accountability, you cannot address and solve problems correctly, much less avoid them repeating.
But you cannot hold others accountable if you do not hold yourself accountable too.
(Well you can but nobody will respect it or listen)

The weird part is how does Bevell make it this far up the coaching ladder and not know this?

Anthony!

Reaction score
Laloosh":2txca9xn said:
Anthony!":2txca9xn said:
My issue is not just that they went public, but frankly as bad as this oline has been, as many times as Wilson has bailed them out and then when they have an okay game you throw Wilson under the tires. He mentions sacks but fails to mention the 17+ hits, and hurries they got him Wilson is also way to much. OR the penalties the olien made that got us into many 20+ yard down range. Same goes for Bevell as many times as Wilson has taken what was a horrible play call and then made something out of it, and yet he throw Wilson under the bus, The main issue is we will never really know because the play he is talking about the 2 pt conversion, you had Kearse complaining instead of running his route, and Baldwin got turned a round and they were both within 5 yards of each other. All this is going to do is split the locker room. They have decided rather than admitting their own failures they will just throw Wilson under the bus. I would not be surprised if something big does not happen this off season.

You lose credibility when you refuse to acknowledge his part in the losses.

I have said that he has culpability many times already

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2kz0rgaa said:
mikeak":2kz0rgaa said:
DavidSeven":2kz0rgaa said:

What strength would that be....running? Scrambling around and hitting broken plays down field?

I'm not entirely sure what other major "strengths" he has at this point.

:pukeface: well for one he has shown when given time he can throw form the pocket. He has shown he can run a 2 minute drill and hurry up really well. I can go on but why bother.