Baldwin is the best reciever on the team

RussB

Reaction score
Baldwin is the best WR on the team this season. Hes right behind jimmy g in recieving yards and has one more touchdown. Also it seems like he is really the only receiver making plays consistently. Hes underrated and always has been. He makes more clutch plays than jimmy graham and kearse . Graham dropped passes in the AZ game but baldwin scored a big TD and had over 170 recieving yards while graham had 41 yards.

Anthony!

Reaction score
2Cool4School":3l921sxw said:
Baldwin is the best WR on the team this season. Hes right behind jimmy g in recieving yards and has one more touchdown. Also it seems like he is really the only receiver making plays consistently. Hes underrated and always has been. He makes more clutch plays than jimmy graham and kearse . Graham dropped passes in the AZ game but baldwin scored a big TD and had over 170 recieving yards while graham had 41 yards.

I agree.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Anthony!":2xmsxl2l said:
2Cool4School":2xmsxl2l said:

I agree.
Ppl might underrate him becuase he doesnt get 1000 yard seasons. But seahawks have alot of recievers so he cant get as many targets. Otherwise would proabably be getting over 1000 each season.

timmat

Reaction score
Baldwin is a very solid NFL receiver. I think he'd be putting up big stats in a pass-happy offense that threw tons of 7 yd routes in lieu of running much, like so many teams do these days. I don't think Doug has much, if anything, to do with our issues on offense.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I feel like all the Seahawks receivers are generally famine or feast (and the offense in general). And sadly the offense has been more famine than feast. Outside of this most recent game Jimmy has been pretty consistent. isn't that what we all want out of our team's offense, just a little more consistency.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Anyone seen Kearse lately? Dude is supposed to be a leader on our team and he's nowhere. Is it not clear that he's not long for this team? Talk about feast or famine, it's all famine with this dude. No wonder Mathews is gone, adding zero. Although I will say that Kearse blocks well on the edge and can play special teams, but holy hell.

mrt144

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":22zc2884 said:
Anyone seen Kearse lately? Dude is supposed to be a leader on our team and he's nowhere. Is it not clear that he's not long for this team? Talk about feast or famine, it's all famine with this dude. No wonder Mathews is gone, adding zero. Although I will say that Kearse blocks well on the edge and can play special teams, but holy hell.

Kearse's blocking in likely the biggest reason he's out on the field as often as he is. Rawls 69 yard TD...who threw a great block on the DB trying to push Rawls back inside to pursuit? Kearse.

Anthony!

Reaction score
2Cool4School":18axk27k said:
Anthony!":18axk27k said:
2Cool4School":18axk27k said:

I agree.
Ppl might underrate him becuase he doesnt get 1000 yard seasons. But seahawks have alot of recievers so he cant get as many targets. Otherwise would proabably be getting over 1000 each season.

My only thing with him is sometimes he slows or pulls up when he should keep running, cost us a few completions.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I had every plan to rock a Baldwin jersey this year until I saw him mock take a crap as a TD celebration in Super Bowl XLIX.

He lost me on that. He's definitely a baller and I still like him but I've never forgotten that.

#actlikeyou'vebeenthere

cesame

Reaction score
I actually think Baldwin is really stinking good.

If he was in a different offense I think he would kill it

drdiags

Reaction score
If he played for New England with Brady, he would eclipse what Welker and Edelman have done. And both those guys have been lethal in the Patriots offense. Good for us he got overlooked in the draft but tough for him since if he plays for a high volume passing team he is being hailed as a game changer.

Tate was looking that way with the Lions until Stafford and team hit a rough patch this year.

Rob12

Reaction score
Baldwin would put up the same numbers that Edelman does if he was in New England. He's a very good and underrated receiver who is a victim of an offense that doesn't throw the ball a ton. Russell also likes to spread the ball around quite a bit.

He hasn't had a drop in his last 23 games, which includes the playoffs.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Aros":1g2at0br said:
I had every plan to rock a Baldwin jersey this year until I saw him mock take a crap as a TD celebration in Super Bowl XLIX.

He lost me on that. He's definitely a baller and I still like him but I've never forgotten that.

#actlikeyou'vebeenthere
It was a dick move ....but come on it was a little funny too.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Baldwin's got chemistry with Wilson and knows when to step it up. We're probably not in two Super Bowls without him.

I gained a lot of respect for him when I saw that he was on the verge of sacrificing his personal life to overcome his lack of natural WR traits. He's serious about his craft. And against Arizona, we saw again what he's capable of.

It's just frustrating that the shrimps keep playing big and the tall guys keep coming up short. baaaahahahaha...

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
drdiags":3tdqm5pr said:
If he played for New England with Brady, he would eclipse what Welker and Edelman have done. And both those guys have been lethal in the Patriots offense. Good for us he got overlooked in the draft but tough for him since if he plays for a high volume passing team he is being hailed as a game changer.

Tate was looking that way with the Lions until Stafford and team hit a rough patch this year.

Baldwin would put up the same numbers that Edelman does if he was in New England. He's a very good and underrated receiver who is a victim of an offense that doesn't throw the ball a ton. Russell also likes to spread the ball around quite a bit.

He hasn't had a drop in his last 23 games, which includes the playoffs.

This ^^^ baldwin would be putting up big stats in that type of offense.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Aros":2o4poa66 said:

#actlikeyou'vebeenthere

He let everyone down and was down right embarrassing.

I don't forgive him for the 15 yard penalty.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Doug Baldwin is a fine WR, but if he is the best WR on the team then we still have a crappy WR group.

A good offense can't have a guy like Baldwin as the best WR. So he isn't part of the problem, but him being the best is part of the problem....

Rob12

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":3h1tzo3p said:
Doug Baldwin is a fine WR, but if he is the best WR on the team then we still have a crappy WR group.

A good offense can't have a guy like Baldwin as the best WR. So he isn't part of the problem, but him being the best is part of the problem....

Not really true. I think it's like the MLB. Not every team has a bonefide ace. Not every team has a legit #1 WR. I disagree a lot with this. Just because ADB is our #1 doesn't mean that our receiving corps is bad.

JimmyG

Reaction score
drdiags":2fa6zti9 said:

Took the words out of my mouth. I love Baldwin. He's so clutch.