Worst XLIX memorabilia

minormillikin

Reaction score
I was checking out some clearance deals at the "Seattle Team Store" online and found this horribly prophetic shirt (obviously meant a different way):

00033710X SP3 A

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Life is one giant bowl of irony.

Crizilla

Reaction score
saw a guy wearing an XLIX blue jersey today at the store. Probably bought it before the game.

but yea anytime i see those roman numerals i instantly become sick.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Crizilla":25yv2n7w said:
saw a guy wearing an XLIX blue jersey today at the store. Probably bought it before the game.

I saw a few fans at last Sunday's game wearing the home XLIX jerseys. I know someone posted a thread about having issue with 12 jerseys with "FAN" on the back but I am more perplexed by fans who wear jerseys or paraphernalia with a SB logo that has painful memories attached to it such as XL* and XLIX. I get that the latter was actually one of the best SB's ever played but that final play is just a dagger into our collective 12 Souls.

soxhawk

Reaction score
minormillikin":3ty4hz16 said:
I was checking out some clearance deals at the "Seattle Team Store" online and found this horribly prophetic shirt (obviously meant a different way):

00033710X SP3 A

I have that hoodie. Speaks the truth.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Aros":28iz6uv4 said:
Crizilla":28iz6uv4 said:

I saw a few fans at last Sunday's game wearing the home XLIX jerseys. I know someone posted a thread about having issue with 12 jerseys with "FAN" on the back but I am more perplexed by fans who wear jerseys or paraphernalia with a SB logo that has painful memories attached to it such as XL* and XLIX. I get that the latter was actually one of the best SB's ever played but that final play is just a dagger into our collective 12 Souls.

I can definitely see your point, but I've got a Super Bowl XL jacket that I wear all the time still. I figure attending that Super Bowl was a once in a life time event for me, so it still has a lot of significance even though the end result sucked.

Almost 10 years later and I still get a lot of comments whenever i wear it about how we got screwed.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
JSeahawks":3n49liuv said:
I can definitely see your point, but I've got a Super Bowl XL jacket that I wear all the time still. I figure attending that Super Bowl was a once in a life time event for me, so it still has a lot of significance even though the end result sucked.

Almost 10 years later and I still get a lot of comments whenever i wear it about how we got screwed.

That's a good point and one I thought of actually. I figured that had to be the only reason a 12 would still wear something from XL*. I can understand that as I have often said regardless of how the game itself turned out, it's still our very first Super Bowl appearance and I was fortunate enough to see it in person.

I just wish SBXLVIII was our first appearance and I got to see THAT game in person. ;)

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
Aros":1o98k78e said:
Crizilla":1o98k78e said:

I proudly own a couple SB XL jerseys and a XLIX one as well. Although the Hawks lost, getting to the SB is something we as fans should be proud of and not take for granted. Wanna know what's worse than losing a SB? Not being relevant.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Well the hoodie still applies to how most of our games have been ending this season. I would buy one for 49 cents

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I grab any Seahawks stuff I see at thrift shops, be it XL, 2005 NFC Championship, XLIX, whatever. I found our "Road to the Super Bowl" for XL on DVD.

I even picked up a cheesy XLIX t-shirt that has Wilson and Brady on it. Even tho I want to stab Tawmy's face repeatedly with an Xacto, maybe when I'm old and decrepit with two strands of memories still in tact I'll find it in the back of a closet and get a wistful, lamentable chuckle out of it. Who knows?