LB Eric Pinkins to the 53-man roster, RB Bryce Broyce waived

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/668176637603655681[/tweet]

This is a nice add for special teams following the Kevin Smith promotion earlier in the week. He is also a conversion project for SAM. Irvin's knee problem may have also contributed to the promotion. It will be interesting to see if Pinkins is active Sunday for special teams and if he is a sub package backup.

kearly

Reaction score
Pinkins was my least favorite cut at the end of the preseason. Really glad it all worked out, I hope he can continue to build on his development as a big/fast LB.

Northern Hawk

Reaction score
Really excited to see Pinkins and Clark come off the edge in subs. Was hoping to have Lane back and give the D a jumpstart but still happy to see this move

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I was surprised that he wasn't on the 53 man roster. I believe is the natural backup to Kam Chancellor. He is about the same size as Kam. From what I've seen, Kam does play like an extra LB at times from his SS position. So Pinkins fits that. Glad he's promoted to the active roster.

netskier

Reaction score
And he was a strong safety in college, was tested by the Hawks at corner back, so he is a natural for our new position of hybrid linebacker strong safety.