Seahawks identity

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
That was a great read, thanks for sharing. I actually agree. Just look at last year for example. Percy was healthy and playing. They were force feeding him the ball early on, and having very little success. Percy was a terrible route runner, so he was reduced to running simple, low percentage routes with little success. Teams were recognizing this, and knew how to defend it. The Hawks were obviously getting away from their identity (the run), and it simply was not working.

Trading for Jimmy still boggles my mind. I hated the trade when it happened, and I hate it even more now. You would think Pete and John would´ve learned their lesson with Percy. ¨Let´s give a king´s ransom for a guy who is great in a scheme that´s totally different from ours, and in the process, ruin our cap flexibility!¨ It´s bull crap. Getting rid of arguably our best lineman and a valuable pick in the draft is not what good teams do. If they were really hard up for a stud TE, why not go for Maxx Williams, or Clive Walford? Why not use the 31st pick on an obvious need on the O-line? I can´t even remember what linemen were available at the pick anymore, but still. Or maybe, just maybe, they should´ve not drafted Christine freaking Michael and drafted Travis Kelce (who went three picks later to KC) instead!

This is tired. Stop throwing away your picks for expensive vets. Stick with your identity and develop your own players. Or maybe they know they can´t evaluate talent, so they avoid drafting. Who knows anymore. Pete and John always get lauded for finding ¨diamonds in the rough¨ late. Who? Sherman, Chancellor, and Maxwell? Jordan Hill? Sure. But what about all the busts they´ve drafted. Why waste a seventh rounder on some turd when you could´ve taken La´el Collins instead? You knew you needed linemen. Naw, we just got Glowinski, Poole, and Sokoli instead, we´re good on linemen. Whatever. In all Pete and John´s years here, they´ve allowed Cable to hand pick his guys. And who does he have to show for it? Okung? No, he´s awful. Sweezy? Highly unlikely he improves. Britt? The jury´s still out.

Sorry guys, rant over. Reading that article just got me fired up. I had to vent. It´s just frustrating that for the last few years, they seem to want to get away from their identity. Only to have their experiment fail, so they´re forced to go back to the ground game, and surprise!, they succeed.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think the Graham trade was still a good one. Our offensive coaches are just clueless.

chris98251

Reaction score
You don't buy a Sports car and try to go off road with it, that's a lot of what we do on offense, never play to our strengths of talent, try to get cute doing something different then the abilities the players have.

OP
OP
seahawkfreak

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1nqh92q5 said:
That was a great read, thanks for sharing. I actually agree. Just look at last year for example. Percy was healthy and playing. They were force feeding him the ball early on, and having very little success. Percy was a terrible route runner, so he was reduced to running simple, low percentage routes with little success. Teams were recognizing this, and knew how to defend it. The Hawks were obviously getting away from their identity (the run), and it simply was not working.

Trading for Jimmy still boggles my mind. I hated the trade when it happened, and I hate it even more now. You would think Pete and John would´ve learned their lesson with Percy. ¨Let´s give a king´s ransom for a guy who is great in a scheme that´s totally different from ours, and in the process, ruin our cap flexibility!¨ It´s bull crap. Getting rid of arguably our best lineman and a valuable pick in the draft is not what good teams do. If they were really hard up for a stud TE, why not go for Maxx Williams, or Clive Walford? Why not use the 31st pick on an obvious need on the O-line? I can´t even remember what linemen were available at the pick anymore, but still. Or maybe, just maybe, they should´ve not drafted Christine freaking Michael and drafted Travis Kelce (who went three picks later to KC) instead!

This is tired. Stop throwing away your picks for expensive vets. Stick with your identity and develop your own players. Or maybe they know they can´t evaluate talent, so they avoid drafting. Who knows anymore. Pete and John always get lauded for finding ¨diamonds in the rough¨ late. Who? Sherman, Chancellor, and Maxwell? Jordan Hill? Sure. But what about all the busts they´ve drafted. Why waste a seventh rounder on some turd when you could´ve taken La´el Collins instead? You knew you needed linemen. Naw, we just got Glowinski, Poole, and Sokoli instead, we´re good on linemen. Whatever. In all Pete and John´s years here, they´ve allowed Cable to hand pick his guys. And who does he have to show for it? Okung? No, he´s awful. Sweezy? Highly unlikely he improves. Britt? The jury´s still out.

Sorry guys, rant over. Reading that article just got me fired up. I had to vent. It´s just frustrating that for the last few years, they seem to want to get away from their identity. Only to have their experiment fail, so they´re forced to go back to the ground game, and surprise!, they succeed.

There are legitimate arguments that it was ok to trade Unger away. Hurt often, we were ok without him, we wouldn't have resigned him anyway. However, you never know if he would have been injured this year ( on the Seahawks) but either way I still think he would have been a positive for us this year, as a player, leader, mentor or all three.

My major issue this year is we do not have a TE that can legitimately block and I hate that we give up our first round draft picks because they are to "late in the first round". To me this ranks of hubris on JS's part. Not hating on John but there seems to always be some talent at the end of the first round/early second round and because of the newer contract rules one doesn't have to remortgage the house to draft and sign them.

Northern Hawk

Reaction score
I honestly can't understand why they're trying to make Graham what he isn't. Even when they traded for him and kept saying he'll block he'll definitely block. Why?! He can't do it. They should play him at the outside as a receiver rotating him in and out of the slot with Baldwin. Willson is a much better blocker and was developing well at TE last year. Not to mention Helfet has completely disappeared and was also a nice surprise last year. Line Graham up outside and throw him slants especially while this oline develops or we upgrade in the off-season.