Seattle Police have received a Missing Person's alert

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
for Jermaine Kearse. Used to play for the Seahawks. Hasn't been seen in weeks.

Exittium

Reaction score
Half the team... The other half is... Nvm they went missing after sb 49. We've been watching imposters

olyfan63

Reaction score
I think he caught one too, and was open and targeted on another one where RW overthrew him.

How did Kearse do at blocking for Rawls in the run game? Anybody watch and rate that part?

Barthawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":2e73zyr2 said:
I think he caught one too, and was open and targeted on another one where RW overthrew him.

How did Kearse do at blocking for Rawls in the run game? Anybody watch and rate that part?

Good point.. WR's get paid by their ability to block, not get open and then catch the ball.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Kearse has always been feast or famine, just hasn't been much feast this year.

Most of what he does well, slip past CB's and get a step downfield isn't exactly conducive to Russell's half a step drop and running for his life 75% of the time with our O-line's pass protection.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
There's no debating Kearse's value in the run game and on special teams. He has a penchant for dropping passes, though, yesterday's ball over the middle being case in point. Good wide receivers make those plays.

I have been very critical of his play this year and I will say, he can be pretty clutch and make a spectacular play every once in a while (last year against GB, and in the superbowl).

For my taste, I'd rather sacrifice in the blocking department for a WR that can create separation. Does PRich take time away from Kearse when fully healthy?

titan3131

Reaction score
Kearse is a garbage player that shouldnt be on our team period. We cut him and I would bet everything no team picks him up.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Kearse like the Seahawks offense in the past has been famine or feast. This year (like the Seahawks offense) has been consistently bad (or non-existent). Interesting.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Barthawk":1z37s10k said:
olyfan63":1z37s10k said:

Good point.. WR's get paid by their ability to block, not get open and then catch the ball.

Kearse apparently does. That's all I can figure out for why he's getting snaps and getting paid.
That and repeatedly making huge catches in playoff games. And being a stud on special teams.
The team is paying him as a valued player, i.e., several times vet minimum.
Kearse is making 2.3M this year, vs. 570K and 390K in years prior.

Initially I figured the team was paying Kearse as a reward for big plays made in the past. Market value wise, IMO, Kearse should be a 1-1.5M guy. So I'm sticking with the theory that the team is paying him as a reward, as a message to other players, that guys who make those big plays get valued and taken care of. In Pete & John's system, this actually makes a lot of sense.

* Same with Lockette before his injury, and of course his unforgettable blocks on Beastquake II vs the Cards.

mikeak

Reaction score
Barthawk":3w1n6mqv said:
olyfan63":3w1n6mqv said:

While I believe this to be an attempt to be funny you are ignoring what is valued on the Seahawks team.

A receiver that doesn't block for the running game won't last on our team.

Rob12

Reaction score
titan3131":1uds2saq said:
Kearse is a garbage player that shouldnt be on our team period. We cut him and I would bet everything no team picks him up.

Yeah, you'd be wrong. If the Carolina Panthers would pick up Kevin Norwood, surely a team would find a roster spot for Jermaine Kearse.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
The fact that the Hawks brought him back on his deal is an indictment of how they've handled the WR position over the years.

Kearse is the EPITOME of a player that you replace in the draft. It's not like you're trying to replace Sherman or Earl or Bennett which is harder to do.

We're talking JERMAINE "once in a while I catch a pass" KEARSE.

WRs like these guys are easily replaced and only DESPERATE teams take them after their rookie deal is up.