Wildcard...

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/668529023123718145[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/668534780330307585[/tweet]

So you're telling there's a chance....

marko358

Reaction score
Buccaneers looked like world beaters today. Winston and Martin with monster games. They also have a relatively easy schedule the rest of the way but I doubt they'll be the final wild card seed.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
A lot of things went right for the Hawks today. Now we need to just keep winning games.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Either the Vikes or the Packers are taking WC#1 and then it's between us, the downward spral Falcons, the incredibly inconsistent Bucs and any wtruggling East team. I like our chances.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
It looks like the Seahawks will probably need to win out for a chance to win the division. Then if Arizona loses at St. Louis (interior pressure + running game) and to either Minnesota or Green Bay, Seahawks would be right back in it going into the season finale. If they beat Arizona, 11-5 Seahawks would own the tie breaker (based on the better division record). Of course, Arizona could lose to both Minnesota and Green Bay, which would give the Seahawks a little cushion to lose a game, though they would still need to beat Arizona in the season finale. The most important thing is for Arizona to lose their game at St. Louis to secure the better division record. If Arizona beats St. Louis, the chances of winning the division become almost imperceptibly slim, since Arizona would then likely own the tie breaker even if the Seahawks managed to obtain the same record.

peppersjap

Reaction score
After Cincinnati imploded tonight I don't see anyway we catch Arizona as well as they are playing but love our wild card chances if we beat Pittsburgh next week. They should have former players from that Super Bowl team raise the flag. I feel really good about this team playing anywhere, even at 5-5 we are always in a position to win. It is really going to hurt when we are actually blown out in a game, it has been so long since it has happened.

Crizilla

Reaction score
for SNF they should flex in the game at minn but i bet they'll keep indy @ pitt

Hawks46

Reaction score
If we're hoping for AZ (or any other team) to help us out, we're already in trouble, as in the case for winning the division. The Seahawks can only control what they can do, which means looking at the schedule:

Pitt. As bad as our secondary is playing, this is looking tough. We're going to give up some points to Pitts, as the refs rarely allow our pass rush to go full force and actually call offensive holding, and Brown is the kind of WR that gives us fits. Also, Pitt is very good against the run, so they match up with our strengths well. We still have to win this game.

@Minn. This is going to be a tough game as well, although a struggling GB team just looked pretty good in their house. Still, you can't really compare divisional matchups. The Vikings have an average defense that is not so great against the run and above average against the pass. This is a MUST win game for us; we can't keep losing conference games. It also helps to hang a loss on someone that might be ahead of us in the WC race. I honestly think we win this one.

@Ravens. This game is a win. No Flacco, no RB, should be no problem. Their defense is feisty at home, but even though they're only giving up 97 rush yards per game, it's looking good for us.

Browns. Umm, yea. It's not if we win, but by how much. With our record, I don't see the players over looking this one, which is the only way the Browns would win it.

Rams. This one is a win. They barely beat us at their house, and our OL was way worse back then. Their QB position is a total mess and I see the players being pissed and wanting revenge.

@AZ. Honestly, we couldn't beat them here, not seeing how we beat them there.

I see us winning every game but Pitt and AZ. Pitt is a coin flip for me right now and I'm not sure how that works out ,but I see us losing to AZ again. Our secondary just isn't right enough to beat team with elite passing games like Pitt and AZ.

So, is 10-6 good enough to win a WC spot ? Probably. Is 9-7 ? Most likely not. Our season comes down to beating teams we should beat, and winning at least one game against a tough team where the outcome is in doubt.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
We could grab the 6th seed this Sunday with a Seattle win, an Atlanta loss, and a Tampa Bay loss. If it works out this way, the standings of each team would be:

Seattle: 6-5 win/loss in NFL; 5-4 win/loss in NFC
Atlanta: 6-5 win/loss in NFL; 4-4 win/loss in NFC
Tampa Bay: 5-6 overall

The 6th seed would be between Seattle and Atlanta. Seattle wins the tiebreaker with the better conference record.

Tiebreakers shown below:

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
1.If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
2.If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs
1.Head-to-head, if applicable.
2.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
3.Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
4.Strength of victory.
5.Strength of schedule.
6.Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7.Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8.Best net points in conference games.
9.Best net points in all games.
10.Best net touchdowns in all games.
11.Coin toss.

mikeak

Reaction score
Arizona is the last game of the season right?

So we have either almost caught up and it matters to both teams or Arizona has run away with it and will bench Palmer , Fitzgerald and Johnson

The third alternative is that the game doesn't matter for the Seahawks but lets ignore that for now.

So with that said I will consider the Arizona game a win

Erebus

Reaction score
mikeak":3dfvra5v said:
Arizona is the last game of the season right?

So we have either almost caught up and it matters to both teams or Arizona has run away with it and will bench Palmer , Fitzgerald and Johnson

The third alternative is that the game doesn't matter for the Seahawks but lets ignore that for now.

So with that said I will consider the Arizona game a win

One situation you're forgetting is that Arizona has the division locked up but still needs to win to get a first-round bye. In that case, they will not be benching anyone.

mikeak

Reaction score
^good point

Regardless there is a chance that if we are playing for WC Arizona has things locked up.

Hopefully we are playing for number 1 seed :)

Crizilla

Reaction score
mikeak":1lltw845 said:
Hopefully we are playing for number 1 seed :)

hate to burst your bubble but the chances of that happening is about the same chance Cary Williams turns into a shutdown corner

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawks46":2ot750co said:
If we're hoping for AZ (or any other team) to help us out, we're already in trouble, as in the case for winning the division. The Seahawks can only control what they can do, which means looking at the schedule:

Pitt. As bad as our secondary is playing, this is looking tough. We're going to give up some points to Pitts, as the refs rarely allow our pass rush to go full force and actually call offensive holding, and Brown is the kind of WR that gives us fits. Also, Pitt is very good against the run, so they match up with our strengths well. We still have to win this game.

@Minn. This is going to be a tough game as well, although a struggling GB team just looked pretty good in their house. Still, you can't really compare divisional matchups. The Vikings have an average defense that is not so great against the run and above average against the pass. This is a MUST win game for us; we can't keep losing conference games. It also helps to hang a loss on someone that might be ahead of us in the WC race. I honestly think we win this one.

@Ravens. This game is a win. No Flacco, no RB, should be no problem. Their defense is feisty at home, but even though they're only giving up 97 rush yards per game, it's looking good for us.

Browns. Umm, yea. It's not if we win, but by how much. With our record, I don't see the players over looking this one, which is the only way the Browns would win it.

Rams. This one is a win. They barely beat us at their house, and our OL was way worse back then. Their QB position is a total mess and I see the players being pissed and wanting revenge.

@AZ. Honestly, we couldn't beat them here, not seeing how we beat them there.

I see us winning every game but Pitt and AZ. Pitt is a coin flip for me right now and I'm not sure how that works out ,but I see us losing to AZ again. Our secondary just isn't right enough to beat team with elite passing games like Pitt and AZ.

So, is 10-6 good enough to win a WC spot ? Probably. Is 9-7 ? Most likely not. Our season comes down to beating teams we should beat, and winning at least one game against a tough team where the outcome is in doubt.

9-7 might still do it, depending on tie breakers.

Look at Atlanta's schedule. They aren't winning more than 8.

I don't see Tampa going 5-1 down the stretch either.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If the team were to win out going 11-5, AZ were to lose at least one other game besides the final game, and the home teams were to prevail for the balance of the season the Hawks could conceivably still wind up with the 2nd seed.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2hvpz3at said:
If the team were to win out going 11-5, AZ were to lose at least one other game besides the final game, and the home teams were to prevail for the balance of the season the Hawks could conceivably still wind up with the 2nd seed.

I think you meant that Arizona loses at least two other games in addition to the final game. But at least one of those two losses would have to be to SF or STL for the Seahawks to steal the tiebreaker (division record) at 11-5.

The scary thing is that if Arizona wins over the next two weeks, beating both SF and STL, then they would be just one more win away from clinching the division. The best chance for the Seahawks would seemingly be for Arizona to lose again to STL and then to lose one additional game (vs Green Bay, vs Minnesota, or @Philadelphia) before the regular season finale.