Russell Wilson's game vs the 49ers

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I didn't watch the game but I guess Russell Wilson had a pretty good bounce back day...24/29 , 260, 3 TDs and a 138.5 Qb rating, nice!

setha880

Reaction score
Yes he played better, he was also put in a better position to succeed by the coaching staff. It also doesn't hurt when your Rawls goes for 200+.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Was a fun one to watch. Despite some of the nonsense you'll read about it here.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Now he just needs to play well against a team over 500. Weve beaten no one all year that will have to change down the stretch yes.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Probably his best game of the season, though, it still bothers me, that he makes one read and runs if there is nothing available.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
He played well. But those accuracy issues though. High pass to Kearse (dropped) and an overthrown deep bomb to Lockett (would be TD). Love the win though.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":3091x1a5 said:
He played well. But those accuracy issues though. High pass to Kearse (dropped) and an overthrown deep bomb to Lockett (would be TD). Love the win though.

He was 24 of 29

Anthony!

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2thdf6un said:
We ran the ball well and he made good decisions.

He is still missing wide open receivers, but he probably always will. Limitation of his height.

yes he did I mean he was 24-29, so he missed 5 passes with 3 of them throw aways, and 1 a drop so on the one incompletion he missed Locket so lets just talk about that instead of anything good. Pathetic

Anthony!

Reaction score
Uncle Si":e13npwxr said:
Hawk-A-Loogie":e13npwxr said:

He was 24 of 29

some need to find something wrong, no matter how well he plays he could go 40-40 and they would complain he could have had more yards to another Wr or something stupid.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3p9kxttl said:
Probably his best game of the season, though, it still bothers me, that he makes one read and runs if there is nothing available.

If it was true it would bother me to, since it is not true I do not worry about it

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Wilson played great. It was easily his best game of the season.

On first watch, what impressed me so much was that he wasn't relying on his typical scramble plays or play action deep ball to move the ball. He was simply running the offense and taking advantage of what the defense was giving him. The TD pass to Lockett in the redzone was a perfect example. The slant route was short of the first down marker, but it was the only route uncovered by the defense. Russ hit Lockett in stride and gave his receiver a chance to make a play.

Let's hope that this is a sign of a lot more good things to come.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Accuracy issues? He was almost flawless in that regard. He missed one throw to Lockett on a 55 yard bomb and that was about it. Do people not watch other games? Every QB misses a throw or two during a game. He played really well today. Enjoy it.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
You know folks, the long bomb to Lockett was when Tyler was double covered so Russ threw it long where only his WR could get it or it would be incomplete. It would've taken a perfect throw to hit that and normally I'm not in favor of throwing into double coverage. However, you could see RW notice Lockett get a half step on the safety and let it fly. I think it was a "good" overthrow.

The pass to Kearse was high and IMO Russ' only poor throw of the day.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1kq94ehi said:
You know folks, the long bomb to Lockett was when Tyler was double covered so Russ threw it long where only his WR could get it or it would be incomplete. It would've taken a perfect throw to hit that and normally I'm not in favor of throwing into double coverage. However, you could see RW notice Lockett get a half step on the safety and let it fly. I think it was a "good" overthrow.

That pass is caught 99% of the time... high.. yes.. Kearse had 5 days time to look it in, got both mitson it and dropped it.

mrt144

Reaction score
There were good catches made but you can't discount 24/29. The seam pass to kearse is an example of what we should be running all day long.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Ambrose83":lnwcgy16 said:
hawksfansinceday1":lnwcgy16 said:

That pass is caught 99% of the time... high.. yes.. Kearse had 5 days time to look it in, got both mitson it and dropped it.

Kearse is too short. Fitzgerald or Megatron would have caught that.

jkitsune

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":24mdad5c said:
We ran the ball well and he made good decisions.

He is still missing wide open receivers, but he probably always will. Limitation of his height.

This is such a lazy analysis of Russell Wilson's performance. Quarterbacks miss open receivers all the time, for lots of different reasons, but if it's Russ it must be because he's short. Not because he's muscling the ball up too much, not because he's misjudging the distance... nope. Has to be because he's short.

Even on a day where he was 24/29 with 3 throwaways at good moments.

Even when he had great success passing short/mid over the middle, the only part of the field where height would make any difference.

erik2690

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/668625142076022784[/tweet]

I'm going with he played pretty darn well. Career high comp. % as well.