What the heck is up with Kam?

OrFan

Reaction score
It seems like Kam is constantly out of position covering tight ends, and has nothing when it comes to hitting. I watched several times today when he stood and watched someone else make a tackle while he did nothing.

Did he hold out, and continue to hold out during the season with his lack of effort, because he is getting worn out? I keep thinking that he knows his career is going to end before long and that is why he held out, and why he is playing the way he is.

I may be wrong, but it sure seems like he is a different player than in the past.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
OrFan":3jhtfcdy said:
It seems like Kam is constantly out of position covering tight ends, and has nothing when it comes to hitting. I watched several times today when he stood and watched someone else make a tackle while he did nothing.

Did he hold out, and continue to hold out during the season with his lack of effort, because he is getting worn out? I keep thinking that he knows his career is going to end before long and that is why he held out, and why he is playing the way he is.

I may be wrong, but it sure seems like he is a different player than in the past.
I noticed the same thing, saw him standing by while someone else made the tackle.
Not sure what the problem is, just doesn't seem to be the same hard hitting, fired up Kam that we are used to seeing.

drdiags

Reaction score
Kam came back in body but if he was willing to throw-away $1M for principle, I doubt he just buried the hatchet and put it all behind him. Whatever you get from Kam this year you just have to accept. Just no way he can be all in thinking he is being shafted with his current contract (though his agent should be fired instead of him feeling he got worked by the Seahawks).

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":13gypzep said:
Kam came back in body but if he was willing to throw-away $1M for principle, I doubt he just buried the hatchet and put it all behind him. Whatever you get from Kam this year you just have to accept. Just no way he can be all in thinking he is being shafted with his current contract (though his agent should be fired instead of him feeling he got worked by the Seahawks).
And the good Dr says it much more eloquently than I did in the post above his, but still says pretty much the same thing. :D

jkitsune

Reaction score
Completely agree. He seems frequently out of sorts this year. Whether it's effort or just not having all of training camp, I honestly don't know, but I think when Earl makes veiled comments about effort, it's about Kam.

mikeak

Reaction score
Cyrus12":29o2siya said:
pay him...then he might decide to show up...otherwise its 1st gear for him...

Why? He is decreasing in value for every bad game.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
So is Kam's attitude and seeming lack of effort the reason TEs have killed us up the seam this year rather than teams figuring out the cover-3?

jkitsune

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3uf671oc said:
So is Kam's attitude and seeming lack of effort the reason TEs have killed us up the seam this year rather than teams figuring out the cover-3?

I have a hard time believing that 'tight end runs straight ahead' was the secret weakness of our defense the last three years. It's clearly different this year, and other than Kam seeming out of position every time, the only other major difference is Kris Richard.

chris98251

Reaction score
Kam is doing what he has always done, TE's been burning this defense consistently, it's the weakness of it.

Rob12

Reaction score
He's done absolutely nothing this season to warrant a raise or more guaranteed money. He looks like a shell of himself this season.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Could it be something in the schema of Richards that no one is understanding?

Hawks46

Reaction score
drdiags":3u8k1us9 said:

This. To get to an elite level in athletics (really anything, but we're talking football), you have to have a different mental attitude, and drive. Kam doesn't have that this year.

I'm also not seeing it in Sherman either, but it's possible that Sherm is trying to do too much with Kam and Williams not pulling their weight.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
mikeak":4wjadga8 said:
Cyrus12":4wjadga8 said:
pay him...then he might decide to show up...otherwise its 1st gear for him...

Why? He is decreasing in value for every bad game.

If he is tanking out there on purpose, then he continues to show he has absolutely no grasp on reality.

If he is playing crappy as a result of being unhappy, well, then he continues to self sabotage his value.

Either way, it is not intelligent.

Rob12

Reaction score
I'd honestly try to move Kam this offseason. Free up some cash for other areas.

Northern Hawk

Reaction score
I thought of this early in the year. He wanted more money maybe due to his physical style and he knew he wouldn't be in the league for very long. Maybe he's whining. Maybe he's playing scared? Doesn't want gain a career altering concussion? Wants to get paid before he throws his body around? Although the lack of effort decreases his value unless he believes JS will overpay out of fear he's the best we'll get regardless? Very odd.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
It seems to me that Earl Thomas is "spot on" in "outing" some of his teammates lack of effort. Kam can sit in the corner with a DUNCE hat as far as I am concerned.