Who Do YOU Blame The Most For a 5-5 Start?

• Kam Chancellor

Votes: 34 21.3%
  • The Bevell Factor

Votes: 28 17.5%
  • XLIX Final Play

Votes: 21 13.1%
  • Wilson Distraction

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Lack of OL Focus

Votes: 40 25.0%
  • Other (Read my comments)

Votes: 29 18.1%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I blame Dom for his lack of bling.

Rob12

Reaction score
No blame tonight. I really just want to enjoy this one today.

1-0 for six weeks... Let's go.

Northern Hawk

Reaction score
O-line struggles. When they have been solid we've won games and looked better. When they take holding penalties putting us in 1st and 20 or give up sacks or have RW running around with no hope it leads to lots of 3 and outs which lead to the defense dropping leads late.

drdiags

Reaction score
New coaches, new roles and integrating new players into the scheme. I guess there could be a loss of confidence so instead of making and expecting things to go your way, you are hanging on hoping you can hold on to a win.

Dion Bailey doesn't slip and a couple of 4th quarter 1st downs and record-wise the team looks a lot better. Would still have the same issues on defense and offense though. Look at all those dropped interceptions.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wilson.

I don't think it is close either.

Kam lost us 1 game, but saved us another.

Wilson has repeatedly failed to deliver TDs that put this team behind.

I am saying this with a Wilson jersey on, and I give the guy a lot of crap because he is capable of much more than he is producing. But he is missing plays all over the field, plays he used to make.

And if the separation is in the preparation, that explains it all because he has looked completely unprepared in multiple games, blew chances to win winnable games in OT, and falls apart the minute we get into the 30 so it turns into a FG fest. With Lynch to take all the attention and bail him out, Wilson has looked worse than he is.

Which makes sense because 'legendary' players don't go jaunting off to Mexico in the middle of the season, bye week or no, right before the game that could decide if we make the playoffs at all. Which of course was followed by his worst game ever (sure this is a coincidence).

I don't think this team would have made 2 SBs without him, but as bad as Bevell is (and he is terrible), Wilson has hurt the team just as much if not more than Bevell this year. (Still would rather get rid of Bevell this year, because Wilson CAN be better...but this year, he is a key element in the failure to succeed).

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Definately coaching... Not development but just in game decisions... Bevell, Richards, and Carroll.

For instance, the Game sealing TD by Ellington against the Cards, came on that Wright zone blitz that worked twice but the third time Arians out-smarted Richards and Ellington made hell of a play with great blocks by Arizona in the 2nd level.

Simple as that.

Bevell is horrible still after 4 years in. Richards is hit or miss but is still green behind the ears.

Carroll has allowed both to thrive or die it seems, and I just wonder how much this team would have galvanized if Bevell was fired 3-4 weeks ago. The majority of the players seem not to respect him.. Offense for obvious reasons... And I bet the defense feels the same... Much of thier letdowns have come when the offense cant sustain multiple clock-draining drives and the D gets too fatigued to finish strong.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I proportion my blame for the offense thus:

Bevell 30%
Wilson 25%
Lack of running game 20%
WR/TE quality 15%
O-line 10%

Of course, I may or may not have any idea what I'm talking about.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Kam. It's going to take more quality play to undo that stupid, stupid voodoo he dished to start the season.

Rob12

Reaction score
Guess I'll play.

The MOST? That's a tough proposition considering there is a laundry list of issues with this team.

I'll go with the Kam hold out. I just think it set the wrong message to the rest of the team. He had his reasons, so whatever. But I think after what happened last year, it got a new season off on the wrong foot. I wouldn't shed a tear if PC traded him in the offseason for some draft capital.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'm really surprised so many people are commenting Russ over the o line.

Sure the line run blocks pretty good. But the pass blocking might not be good enough for a college team. Rarely is there any semblance of a pocket. If it's not a turnstile, the defenders are pushing guys right back into Russ. Sure there are plays where it's clean, but since it so consistently isn't Russ still has to assume it could turn to crap any second. There is total mistrust and that affects the rest of the passing game.

Yeah there are some plays where Wilson is off s bit and not making throws he should be but there are plants of times when he does and our guys aren't catching it. Graham and Kearse have both had their fair share of inexplicable drops.

In my opinion the biggest factors:

1.) coaches and FO deciding this line would be good enough to win games and protect their now big money QB. I still like that we got Jimmy Graham but if we were simply conceding that our line would be bad at pass blocking for the trade off of being good at run blocking then maybe hat deal shouldn't have happened. I am having a hard time understanding how they decided that this is the group of guys they were going to go into battle with, or in the very least baffled why they didn't kick the tires on some other guys. When the line does hold up they just follow it up with a holding call or something dumb to shoot themselves in the foot.

2.) the decision to sign Cary Williams. This dude reminds me of a physically more able Kelly Jennings and guess what? Kelly Jennings is the worst cornerback I've ever seen get more than one start. He didn't prove much to be worth picking up. He has been a total liability and possibly responsible for a 4th quarter collapse or two himself. He is routinely out of position in my opinion just doesn't get or fit the scheme we use. Simply put he is bad. If they cut him tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised or upset.

3.) 3 long seasons in a row. We've played more games than any other team over the past 3 seasons and I think those extra games add up to mental and physical wear and tear. I'm not saying I'd rather see us sit home in January but it might not be the worst thing in the world for next year.

4.) if two rookies, one undrafted and the other a third round pick are your two biggest playmakers half way through the season in a must win divisional game, that says great things about the future of the offense but also makes you wonder where everyone else is at.

There's enough room to put a little blame everywhere but to me the biggest problem is the o line and cb2.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Rob12":26oyuwz2 said:
Guess I'll play.

The MOST? That's a tough proposition considering there is a laundry list of issues with this team.

I'll go with the Kam hold out. I just think it set the wrong message to the rest of the team. He had his reasons, so whatever. But I think after what happened last year, it got a new season off on the wrong foot. I wouldn't shed a tear if PC traded him in the offseason for some draft capital.

Kam Chancellor.

His distraction has effected the entire team in a negative way, and at the start of the season no less. No desire to see him in Seahawks blue when his contract ends hes just done too much, very selfish person.

Im thankful for what he did in the past but the guy made one of the most moronic moves ever in sports, especially considering his lack of leverage.