Week 12 Elo Ratings: Seahawks are ranked #6 (UPDATED)

themunn

Reaction score
4 of our 5 losses to teams ranked above us - all of which we led in the 4th quarter.

I'm telling you, if we can get to the playoffs without major injuries we're still good enough to go the distance.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
themunn":2oxmhqcy said:
4 of our 5 losses to teams ranked above us - all of which we led in the 4th quarter.

I'm telling you, if we can get to the playoffs without major injuries we're still good enough to go the distance.

If we can stay healthy, and that includes getting Richardson and Lane back to full strength, I could definitely see us playing in Pheonix twice more this season. Big 'if' though.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I haven't given up on anything this year. Who would want to play us in the playoffs? The NFC is wide open this year.

kearly

Reaction score
The Atlanta and Minny loss were pretty big for Seattle's chances. Those teams are both paper tigers and I think one or both will implode down the stretch to finish 10-6 or 9-7.

xgeoff

Reaction score
themunn":2bsy0gfu said:

That is the weird thing about this team. Despite some major struggles:

-- Russ Wilson making poor reads and poor throws
-- Offensive Line awfulness
-- Cary Williams and general Defensive Choking
-- Questionable play calling

Despite all that, this team is probably 5 plays away from being 10-0. Incredible. They have led in the 4th in every game. Against all these teams that the analysts are gushing over, like Carolina and Cincinnatti, we had them. We had them all. It's taken an almost perfect storm of meltdowns in order to keep the Seahawks from being undefeated.

If they can fix any one of the issues above, who knows what this team is capable of?

rideaducati

Reaction score
I still envision the NFC Championship being played in Seattle.
The seeding and games:
1. Carolina
2. Arizona
3. Minnesota
4. New York
5. Seattle
6. Green Bay

Seattle and Green Bay win their playoff games up to the NFC Championship. Although, I am still holding out for the annual cardinals collapse and Seattle winning the division.

GO HAWKS!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm actually thinking the biggest challenge to Seattle's WC chances might be Tampa. They've got a flimsy schedule.

ctrcat

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3dckedq9 said:
I'm actually thinking the biggest challenge to Seattle's WC chances might be Tampa. They've got a flimsy schedule.

Agree. And it would not surprise me if the Panthers treat the finale with the Bucs like the 4th preseason game if HFA is wrapped up.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":36792q5p said:
The Atlanta and Minny loss were pretty big for Seattle's chances. Those teams are both paper tigers and I think one or both will implode down the stretch to finish 10-6 or 9-7.

We better hope it's more like 9-7. We're only 1 loss away from 10-6, and we have to play @Minn, Pitt, and @AZ. Those are three very tough games for us.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Updated after Green Bay's upset loss to Chicago:

DKqwFjz

Surprisingly, the Seahawks' playoff odds went down slightly by 2%. Presumably because Arizona is less likely to lose to GB in its current state.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed a different "tone" on this message board this year. I detect a minutiae of doubt in a majority of posts this year ever since we started out 0-2 back in September. I hear "can we hang on" a lot. While many here will not say that this Sunday is a "must win".......I say that it is the pivot point of the season.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect adjusting to the several close losses by reason of late collapses has engendered that 'doubt'.

However sometimes it's your year and sometimes it isn't.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1o8kcufv said:
Has anyone else noticed a different "tone" on this message board this year. I detect a minutiae of doubt in a majority of posts this year ever since we started out 0-2 back in September. I hear "can we hang on" a lot. While many here will not say that this Sunday is a "must win".......I say that it is the pivot point of the season.

Well to be fair it hasn't been a really good or fun season. At least not yet. Up until now it's been about 50 50.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Nother cause f doubt, is the whole gòing to the last minute games - teams that should be blowouts, we dont 15 points, 12 points, ugh. Even PC told us that they slowed down to give Rawls a chance to match the game tempo. IF we had scored 44 points against San Fran, then I wouldn't doubt Bevell and Pete this year. I think the whole what's your deal bro mantra results in our guys coasting.

When we grab a lead and kill them then I think we're on par with other teams that are winners and fans support - gotta have faith