This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Pittsburgh Steelers

BlueThunder

Reaction score
The Steelers ain't the Niners. Can we beat our first "good" team this season? At least we beat up that crap team from the bay... Again... *Yawn*

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Steel City Insider (Scout)

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/forums?s=68

Planet Steelers

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/fo ... elers-Talk

Steeler Fury

http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewforum. ... 32f90a369a

The Steelers Fans

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/

Football's Future

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/v ... m.php?f=31

PGH Sports

http://www.pghsportsforum.com/forum/for ... lers-Forum

Steelers Addicts

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/

If you know of any I missed, please post below.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I still hope we knock their peckers in the dirt (talking about their faces... pervs).

Crizilla

Reaction score
That guy must be like 12 years old and doesnt realize the refs flew their asses to seattle to personally apologize for blowing so many calls

anyways

AB84

Reaction score
Crizilla":2jl8epsx said:
That guy must be like 12 years old and doesnt realize the refs flew their asses to seattle to personally apologize for blowing so many calls

anyways
C'mon man, do you honestly believe the refs cost you the Superbowl? You guys gave up too many big plays, period. Every team plays games where the calls don't go their way, that doesn't mean it cost you the game.

Did you guys happen to catch that game a few years back, Superbowl XLVIII where you played the Broncos?
THAT is how you win a Superbowl. Compare the efforts in that game by Seattle vs. Superbowl XL and you'll see why you lost XL.

What's even more ironic is the Seahawks have been at the center of controversial ref calls that actually DECIDED the game in their favor... twice!
Lions v. Seahawks AND Packers v. Seahawks.

So can we let this bullshit about the refs go and move forward? Officiating is imperfect by nature, and it's a part of the game. We've all seen calls go the other way, that doesn't mean it's impossible to overcome.

chawx

Reaction score
AB84":3uexeir6 said:
Crizilla":3uexeir6 said:

anyways
C'mon man, do you honestly believe the refs cost you the Superbowl? You guys gave up too many big plays, period. Every team plays games where the calls don't go their way, that doesn't mean it cost you the game.

Did you guys happen to catch that game a few years back, Superbowl XLVIII where you played the Broncos?
THAT is how you win a Superbowl. Compare the efforts in that game by Seattle vs. Superbowl XL and you'll see why you lost XL.

What's even more ironic is the Seahawks have been at the center of controversial ref calls that actually DECIDED the game in their favor... twice!

So can we let this bullshit about the refs go and move forward? Officiating is imperfect by nature, and it's a part of the game. We've all seen calls go the other way, that doesn't mean it's impossible to overcome.

First off, welcome.

Second, yes, I (and many many others on this board—and multiple other boards of fans from multiple other teams) believe the refs cost us a win in Super Bowl XL. The head referee apologized for that game. Even HE said his calls might have cost us the game. That's straight from the horse's mouth, pal. Argue with it all you want, but in the end, the specific person involved in the game itself is haunted by that game... yes, we do believe we would have been XL champions had the refs not cost us that game.

Third, the Lions game was by no means over when KJ Wright pushed the ball out of the back of the endzone. To give the ball back to the Lions on the 1 would have probably been the most ticky-tack way ever to get technical about an archaic rule, maybe 10 people on the planet knew about as it happened. But, there is no guarantee that the Lions punch it in right there, and even if they do, Seattle would have had time to potentially go down and score again. So to say that "DECIDED" the game, is inaccurate to put it mildly.

The Packers game, in the grand scheme of things, at the end of the season, had zero bearing on the post season positioning or if Seattle would have had home-field advantage in the playoffs that year. It was week 2, and their were replacement refs blowing calls all over the league. In fact, I bet if you look at it, your Steelers probably benefitted from some suspicious calls when their were replacement officials too.

But the fact is, people like to bring that game up like that got us our Super Bowl.... no man. Week 2 in 2013 and Week 3 this season does not equal Super Bowl XL as far as "calls going both ways" or "balancing out"

Bettis got his ring from some massive cheating BS, just own it.

PS. Best to bring that piss-covered towel with you to the game this week, you'll need it to wipe up the tears... :th2thumbs:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
bestdamnpoll.jpg.html

stealer.jpg

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
AB84":3j025h9u said:
Crizilla":3j025h9u said:

anyways
C'mon man, do you honestly believe the refs cost you the Superbowl?

Absolutely.

The ref from that game stood in front of the team at the VMAC years later and apologized too, said he felt horrible and lost many nights sleep because of how they officiated that game.

jacobsod

Reaction score
Crizilla":2tfseho3 said:

Games in our favor..lol. I expect you not to realize this unless you watch all the Hawk games rather than reading NFL.com's clickbait BS, but even IF you were right about Detroit And the Packers (which you are not), but a huge reason for our losses to the Cards and Rams this year are due to horrible officiating as well. I firmly believe that if we were a team that was fairly officiated, we'd have a MUCH better record the last few seasons.

Officiating has a HUGE part in many of our losses. Like most Hawk fans, after any big play I can't celebrate until I wait 30+ seconds to see if some BS flag is getting thrown.

That's not an excuse, there are several things wrong with the Hawks right now that are contributing to losses, but officiating is certainly NOT helping.

NO, I will NOT EVER let go of SB40. That sting will never go away (although SB48 helps the pain, lol). What a freakin' JOKE that game was. I've been looking forward to this week's game since the schedule was released, easily the most hyped game this regular season, IMO. Not only do I want our Hawks to win, I want a complete DOMINATION!

I'd say good luck...but NO. Just...NO. :)

AB84

Reaction score
chawx":dmk5u48n said:
AB84":dmk5u48n said:
Crizilla":dmk5u48n said:

anyways

First off, welcome.

Second, yes, I (and many many others on this board—and multiple other boards of fans from multiple other teams) believe the refs cost us a win in Super Bowl XL. The head referee apologized for that game. Even HE said his calls might have cost us the game. That's straight from the horse's mouth, pal. Argue with it all you want, but in the end, the specific person involved in the game itself is haunted by that game... yes, we do believe we would have been XL champions had the refs not cost us that game.

Third, the Lions game was by no means over when KJ Wright pushed the ball out of the back of the endzone. To give the ball back to the Lions on the 1 would have probably been the most ticky-tack way ever to get technical about an archaic rule, maybe 10 people on the planet knew about as it happened. But, there is no guarantee that the Lions punch it in right there, and even if they do, Seattle would have had time to potentially go down and score again. So to say that "DECIDED" the game, is inaccurate to put it mildly.

The Packers game, in the grand scheme of things, at the end of the season, had zero bearing on the post season positioning or if Seattle would have had home-field advantage in the playoffs that year. It was week 2, and their were replacement refs blowing calls all over the league. In fact, I bet if you look at it, your Steelers probably benefitted from some suspicious calls when their were replacement officials too.

But the fact is, people like to bring that game up like that got us our Super Bowl.... no man. Week 2 in 2013 and Week 3 this season does not equal Super Bowl XL as far as "calls going both ways" or "balancing out"

PS. Best to bring that piss-covered towel with you to the game this week, you'll need it to wipe up the tears... :th2thumbs:
:roll: This is exactly what you are claiming would have been the case in Superbowl XL :roll:

So in the Lions game, getting the ball on the 1 wouldn't have given them the game, right?
But in Superbowl XL, if Leavy changes a few of his calls the game is MAGICALLY won by The Seahawks?

Cool, man. Call me out for inaccuracy while you literally contradict yourself in the same paragraph. I completely agree the officiating in that game was poor and that there were a couple calls that were straight up wrong, but it's hilarious that you guys are delusional enough to pretend the game would have simply been yours if those calls went another way. I'll let this article sum up my thoughts on XL, as I'm not going to argue with you guys over your broken heart from 06.

"While most of the controversial calls were accurate, Seattle fans will always point to one holding call and an odd flag against their quarterback as the deciding factors in their loss. Lost in this assessment is their quarterback's immediate interception following the assessed holding infraction, and the irrelevance of the low block considering the nature of the subsequent touchdown.

Further, Seattle never capitalized on a fast start, while Pittsburgh overcame a sluggish beginning. Ben Roethilisberger, with a chance to put Seattle in a huge deficit, gift-wrapped the Seahawk's chance to win the game with an inexcusable interception in the second half.

For their gratitude, the Seahawks allowed a couple of close calls to be their undoing, proven by their response.

Was it not Seattle that blew clock management at the end of the first half, missed two long field goals, and had over nine minutes to respond against a Steelers defense that stuffed them late in the game?

At the end of the day, in a contest full of close calls and one questionable flag, it was the Steelers whose championship pedigree was showcased during the game's critical moments. "

If I was a Seattle fan, I would be so much more upset with how the last Superbowl went than with XL. You guys had Tom Brady beat, and hubris got the best of you. That's gotta sting a lot more...

Good luck on Sunday :vodka: maybe one day we will have a Superbowl XL rematch, so we can finally put all this petty speculative bullshit to rest.

Polaris

Reaction score
The difference is in the Lions game, we are talking about ONE *extremely* obscure rule that the refs got wrong. In the case of XL, it was a case of referee bias that happened over multiple quarters and multiple calls. To put it in baseball terms, the refs gave the Steelers in XL an extremely generous "strike zone' while they game the 'hawks an extremely narrow one.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Polaris":1q3pe7m8 said:
The difference is in the Lions game, we are talking about ONE *extremely* obscure rule that the refs got wrong. In the case of XL, it was a case of referee bias that happened over multiple quarters and multiple calls. To put it in baseball terms, the refs gave the Steelers in XL an extremely generous "strike zone' while they game the 'hawks an extremely narrow one.

Well said.

From the man, the legend, the greatest left tackle to ever play the game...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BigWalt71/status/105730512152301568[/tweet]

Hell no!! ;)

Jayburd14

Reaction score
AB84":2gzygv11 said:
Crizilla":2gzygv11 said:

anyways

I personally believe that the Seahawk team that won XLVIII would have beaten the Steelers in XL even with the officiating. But I also believe that if XL was officiated like XLVIII and XLIX that the Seahawk team that played in XL would have won.

RCATES

Reaction score
Ben RapistBurger 1TD and 2 Int's on the road this year. Just food for thought.

Crizilla

Reaction score
AB84":37ev9ux6 said:
Crizilla":37ev9ux6 said:

anyways

i never said exactly that the refs were the sole reason seahawks lost that game. Seahawks gave up some big plays for sure. However i really do think the refs had a part in the final score. I wish they officiated that game like the refs have been officiating the past few superbowls, specifically balt vs SF. Let em' play it out.

morgulon1

Reaction score
AB84":1zn40u1s said:
Crizilla":1zn40u1s said:

anyways

I have a three part response please bear with me.

1) the reason we "don't let the bullshit about the refs go" is our choice , on OUR board . I think you know the reason or you wouldn't be here trying to explain yourself and the validity of your "win". *

2) calls go against teams all the time, agreed. But these were huge plays that affected Seattle and took points off the board or in one weird case actually gave PIttsburgh points they hadn't earned. I could go on and on but I won't for your sake.

3) A better Seattle team would've overcame this horrific display of officiating. Even after the head referee Bill Leavy flew to Seattle to personally apologize saying " he blew calls that affected the outcome of the game and it kept him up at night" I wonder how and more importantly " why" would a crew do this to Seattle?

Is Mr " no means no" ready to go?

Enjoy your championship *

irocdave

Reaction score
chawx":1wa1ud5x said:
AB84":1wa1ud5x said:
Crizilla":1wa1ud5x said:

anyways

First off, welcome.

Typical whiney ass Stealers fan. Try and compare what the Hawks did to the Donks to your gifted win against the Hawks in 05? Really? Are you that stupid? Your a Stealer fan and have posted what you have so I guess the intelligence question was redundant. Bad and or questionable single calls in a regular season game are nothing compared to a deliberate effort to take a SB win away from a far more superior offensive team. Have your mom watch SB 40 and try and explain the calls and non calls for your lame ass team. You cant do it. GTFOH with your attempts to rewrite history.

irocdave

Reaction score
AB84":274lw8sf said:
Crizilla":274lw8sf said:

anyways

The 2014 Hawks would have put 50+ on that sorry ass Stealer team. Big Ben the rapist, worst winning SB QB QBR of all time at 20.?? 9 of 23 and 2 interceptions by Hawk defenders signed off the street before the game. Pathetic. 14 Hawks would have beaten him worse than the Cadillac windshield he tried to crash through later and he would have had more pics. Just stop with your BS. Your favorite team was gifted a SB win, shut your trap and slink off. Not all of us were born yesterday, some of us have been fans since day one of the Hawks and watched that debacle in 2006. You are not going to win this just as your contemporaries didn't back then. STFU and move along, your not winning this as there is no way too. To many people witnessed it first hand.