Sunday Night Games

HawkGA

Reaction score
I know there was some talk about the Baltimore game getting flexed out of the Sunday night spot. Not sure when we'll find out if that happens, but I was looking at Week 17 and I'm thinking there's a decent chance the Seahawks-Cardinal game gets flexed into Sunday night then. There's no game currently scheduled. Given that networks get to protect some games and that there really aren't that many interesting looking games on tap for that week, I'm thinking the Seahawks-Cardinals might be one of the more interesting/relevant games being played. The big competition I see is Minnesota and Green Bay but I think that might get protected by Fox. The other one I see is potentially Philly-Giants but given how Philly played last week, I'm guessing that will be a meaningless game.

Anybody see any other game that might get in the way of me being able to watch the Seahawks on TV?

minormillikin

Reaction score
I don't think there is a Sunday Night game in week 17, however that would be a great choice.

Other than that, I don't see any remaining games that would have the same national appeal.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
There are Sunday night games week 17, they don't have Monday night games that week.

Assuming we lose no mode than 1 game between now and then, that game should be flexed into prime time

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
minormillikin":1sf1m64m said:
I don't think there is a Sunday Night game in week 17, however that would be a great choice.

Other than that, I don't see any remaining games that would have the same national appeal.

The schedule I was looking at had TBD for the Sunday night game so I assume that means they just wait to pick a meaningful game. Looking at the schedule again, Panthers-Bucs could be a candidate too, though probably the Panthers will have locked everything up but the Bucs could well be in the thick of things.

Crizilla

Reaction score
if arz already has the division locked up or even a first round bye and rest their starts week 17, then i dont think it should be flexed

i think the game at minn should be flexed in though. Theres not many great match ups outside that game

the game against balt will def be flexed out

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Sunday Night Week 17 game is the one with playoff implications.. so SEA-AZ is in play for now.. also networks cannot protect games that week, NBC gets the game it wants.

My money would be on Giants/Eagles as that will probably determine the division in some capacity. Or maybe even NE/Miami if the Pats are 15-0

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Crizilla":24yzq6u2 said:
if arz already has the division locked up or even a first round bye and rest their starts week 17, then i dont think it should be flexed

i think the game at minn should be flexed in though. Theres not many great match ups outside that game

There's no way NBC will give up Colts-Steelers for Seahawks-Vikings.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Colts? Really? I don't think the Seahawk-MN game gets flexed that week, but it won't be because NBC wants the Colts. If anything they'd try to flex out the Steelers opponent! (yes, I'm kidding . . . kind of).

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2lozd7bf said:
There's no way NBC will give up Colts-Steelers for Seahawks-Vikings.

You are "spot on"!! The size of the target audience differential is tremendous. An East Coast game of that importance would be seen by 4X as many people as a West Coast game.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
If we want to go with tradition, the Week 17 Sunday night game should be Washington at Dallas with Dallas losing to get eliminated from the playoffs.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":1i7q92u1 said:

Unfortunately, the Minnesota game wil not be flexed because the Vikings play the Thursday game that week.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":15cdk3e5 said:

Unfortunately, the Minnesota game wil not be flexed because the Vikings play the Thursday game that week.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Bummer

and about the colts, they've had enough prime time and hype this year. I hope houston or jax wins the division. Im still rooting for hasselbeck but Luck will eventually come back most likely.