Sherman vs Brown & Shead vs Bryant

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Who do you think will win the match up this Sunday.

I expect Sherman to struggle vs arguably the best WR in the league and one who's attributes tend to be harder for Sherman to hang with.

I can see Shead holding up ok vs Bryant but he will get burnt at least one time for a big play.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Shead is not the answer either. Love the guy, but at least two WR's on the Steeler can tie him in knots.

Until we shore up the nickel spot (which Burley or Lane can do), and get play from LCB good enough that Sherm doesn't have to trail a WR all over the field, we will have safeties shading the LCB's guy. Which leaves the seams for safeties to cover the te's that have been killing us.

Tical21

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see both Burley and Lane. Shead/Williams both get torched this week. I can't decide what I want to do. I don't think Sherman matches up well with Brown, but I think Brown goes for 200 on the others. 3rd down, 3rd down, 3rd down. 3rd down is scary right now. We're going to have to get pressure. We're going to have to dial up some blitzes we otherwise wouldn't. Just going to have to be willing to give up some big plays on third downs early in drives just to get those one or two crucial stops.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I bet Lane starts at outside corner.

And I bet he has a very good game against Martavis Bryant.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
If Rawls gets the start this week we will get back to Seahawks football of controlling the clock and limiting our opposition from having the ball. This will disrupt any rhythm the Steeler offense couild gain.

getnasty

Reaction score
If we go man we're in trouble, i'm sure we'll go a lot zone and we better pressure with our front 4.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Sherman is one of the best CBs in the league, while Brown is one of the best WRs. This could go either way. Bryant would have an edge against Shead for sure though.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Doesn't matter, they'll get some yards. But they will be heading home with a Loss at the Clink.

6-5 and on to the Vikings for the Hawks. Assuming they are gonna' lose, lame sauce :roll:

Ozzy

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2su127fw said:
I bet Lane starts at outside corner.

And I bet he has a very good game against Martavis Bryant.
This echos my thoughts as well. Pass rush needs to be on point too which they should be at home against an average line.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If Burley is in the slot, Lane outside, and Shead is in dime over a TE I won't worry too much.

But if Shead is outside, he is going to get turned in circles.

The good news is Earl is going to get some looks...

Ozzy

Reaction score
Agreed. They may start differently but I would be surprised if they don't end up in that setup at some point early on.

I hope you get torched in fantasy this week :)

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Who's been running the rock for Pitt while Bell's been out?

Effective?

Seems like they are one dimensional, no?

Boycie

Reaction score
Wizofwest":fa68k96l said:
If Rawls gets the start this week we will get back to Seahawks football of controlling the clock and limiting our opposition from having the ball. This will disrupt any rhythm the Steeler offense couild gain.

THIS^ That is how we won the Beastquake game with Whitehurst as our QB. We ran the ball and controlled the clock, and didn't give Brees the luxury of having enough time to kill us. The 12s are going to have to bring their A game on Sunday as well to make life difficult for Ben and Co.

drdiags

Reaction score
I'm assuming Pittsburgh will have success in the air. Not sure how that is saying they win or that people are chalking this up as a loss. I think it is just an opinion. Not trying to be a Debbie-downer or doom-n-gloomer just answering the question of who wins the match-ups honestly.

Before the season started, I wasn't concerned about this game. Figured it was in the bag. Now, I expect a real dog-fight. The real concern has to be whether Heath Miller and the other TEs are running free through the secondary.

seahawks08

Reaction score
drdiags":1llq09nf said:
I'm assuming Pittsburgh will have success in the air. Not sure how that is saying they win or that people are chalking this up as a loss. I think it is just an opinion. Not trying to be a Debbie-downer or doom-n-gloomer just answering the question of who wins the match-ups honestly.

Before the season started, I wasn't concerned about this game. Figured it was in the bag. Now, I expect a real dog-fight. The real concern has to be whether Heath Miller and the other TEs are running free through the secondary.

The key to winning the battle over the air is to disrupt the rhytm of the QB, you want to make sure you get interior pressure on the QB so that he can't step up to the pocket and disrupt the running routes of WRs. If we get this much, we should have a good game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I feel terrible about this match-up .. they are like the Cardinals pass offense on steroids.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
If not for any potential rust/stamina issues, I'm 100% starting Lane at outside CB. In nickel, have either him or Sherman kick inside or just use Burley if PITT has Wheaton as their slot man.

Big question is if Lane can handle all the reps at this point. If he's the same guy, I'm not as concerned.

I'm absolutely having Sherman trail Brown -- not the type of WR he usually follows, but SEA can't afford to do anything else without creating big soft spots elsewhere.