Lynch update

Ozzy

Reaction score
Looks like he's going to take a couple of weeks to see how he heals. Somewhat of a gamble because if it requires surgery two weeks from now he probably misses the playoffs. They must feel like he has a decent shot to sit a couple of weeks and then play through it.

Shefter is reporting it if someone wants to link it.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Spot on. And we're going to see real soon if Rawls can really carry the mail. I'm not hating, just worried that everyone's expectation of Rawls as "the second coming of Earl Campbell" is a bit hasty.

Personally, I'm less concerned about Rawls and more concerned with what we have behind him.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Makes me wonder if this could be Lynch's last year. I don't expect Rawls to have a repeat every week like he did against Frisco, but I feel confident he can carry the load in Lynch's absence while splitting carries with Jackson. Never would wish any player an injury, but it will be exciting to watch Rawls get some more game time.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MrThortan":1cqfr3w9 said:
Makes me wonder if this could be Lynch's last year. I don't expect Rawls to have a repeat every week like he did against Frisco, but I feel confident he can carry the load in Lynch's absence while splitting carries with Jackson. Never would wish any player an injury, but it will be exciting to watch Rawls get some more game time.
Well said. I feel the same.

GET WELL BEAST!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'm not making any judgements, but does Marshawn keep his physique in prime shape like other running backs? I just don't see him as being a workout king. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I don't think Jerome Bettis was a regular around the squat machine either and he's a Hall of Famer. But I see Marshawn as a guy who regularly goes to McDonald's and Popeyes and it hasn't curtailed his ability to run the ball in Beastmode. But he's on the verge of 30 now and I hope those undisciplined habits don't start rearing their ugly head on a regular basis. But I guess he wouldn't be Marshawn if he was a perfect specimen.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1auw2p7l said:
I'm not making any judgements, but does Marshawn keep his physique in prime shape like other running backs? I just don't see him as being a workout king. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I don't think Jerome Bettis was a regular around the squat machine either and he's a Hall of Famer. But I see Marshawn as a guy who regularly goes to McDonald's and Popeyes and it hasn't curtailed his ability to run the ball in Beastmode. But he's on the verge of 30 now and I hope those undisciplined habits don't start rearing their ugly head on a regular basis. But I guess he wouldn't be Marshawn if he was a perfect specimen.

Think of the wear and tear Marshawn has had in just the last 3 years ..

2012 - 315 carries regular season, 36 postseason, 23 receptions
2013 - 301 carries regular season, 65 postseason, 36 receptions
2014 - 280 carries regular season, 63 postseason, 37 receptions

He's only a few months removed from being 30.. and his carries aren't like other RB's carries.

RB's hit a cliff at age 30, for a guy like Marshawn with his running style.. this was bound to happen one way or the other.. I doubt he's a workout fanatic like an Adrian Peterson or Herschel Walker.. but he's definitely a strong dude.. I just think the past 3 playoff runs + 16 games a year finally started to show.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1sxnnbss said:

Yeah, he looks like a real sloppy looking physique type RB.

140708-lynch-750-body-issue.jpg

Rob12

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1tcsxgz5 said:

This is speculation. He's been a starting running back in this league his entire career. His running style was never going to reward him with aging gracefully. I remember talking to my brother at a game in 2009 and we both agreed that he wouldn't make it much past 30 with the way he ran the ball. I hate to say it, but he fits the bill for those running backs that decline steeply. I'm not saying he's there, because he has looked good in spurts this season. But with his back, his hamstring, and now a sports hernia, his body looks like it's breaking down and I don't think it has anything to do with his lack of conditioning. I think he probably works on his body more than we realize. The McDonalds comment is off because you're not playing running back in this league at an elite level for nearly 10 years by eating MickeyD's and sitting around.

Undisciplined habits? You say it as a fact. I've never been aware of him showing up to camp out of shape or not prepared.

Get well soon, Beast. We want you to go out on top.

Rob12

Reaction score
chris98251":1ifb32e1 said:
Siouxhawk":1ifb32e1 said:

Yeah, he looks like a real sloppy looking physique type RB.

140708-lynch-750-body-issue.jpg

Yeah, this. Doesn't look like a man who doesn't take care of his body or employs undisciplined habits.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":goq09or3 said:

I've seen a couple videos of Marshawn working out, and he's a beast in the weight room as well. It's one of the biggest reasons the coaching staff has never had a problem with Lynch continually missing OTA's. He knows the offense, and he is working out in CA and keeping in very good shape.

I think you can youtube some of Lynch's work outs. That guy works out harder than most cats in this league do. That said, he looked a little out of shape this year, and maybe that's why we're seeing nagging injuries. Hernias are the result of either lifting too much for your frame/muscle structure, or your abductors (muscles connecting legs to abdomen) being stronger than your core. Either way, typically it's a core issue, with some genetics thrown in.

My uncles on my Dad's side have never had cancer or anything like that, (thank God), but half of them have had hernia surgeries. Most of them are in the labor trades.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I worked with a guy who trained at the same MMA gym that Lynch does in the offseason.

According to him, Lynch's strength was freakish.

Rocket

Reaction score
Speaking of McDonalds, Marshawn ain't no Morgan Sperlock...
oh the silly stuff we read, when we practice to, uh... uh... what do we practice to do?

Doesn't matter... what matters is his success rate up to this year. Pretty freakin' good, IMHO.
As to this year, he's consistent with the overall team malaise, and the O-line.

Latest posts