Random Gifs vs 49ers

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
No rhyme or reason to the Gifs, just plays I find interesting. I'm sticking to offense, right now. I'll be adding to the thread throughout the week. I might add some defensive plays, too. Any request for specific plays, just ask.

HeartfeltThreadbareDore.gif

:shock:
Thomas Rawls with a SICK juke on NaVarrow Bowman

AridAltruisticAngelfish.gif

Russell may have had a TD pass to Luke Willson on the seam route, but this also shows why he's so hard to defend. Even if you shut down the first play his scramble skills creates another.

ShimmeringSlowAfricanparadiseflycatcher.gif

Beautiful pass to Lockett on the slant. No hesitation on the throw, just slung it in there and gave his receiver a chance to make a play.

ConcreteShamefulGermanpinscher.gif

I honestly can't remember Seattle running a delayed draw that got positive yardage. The offensive line does a good job disguising their run blocks. Catches the linebackers off guard and picks up an easy 5 yards. Perhaps with Rawls who has more burst than Lynch we might see this play ran more often.

TightWholeIcelandicsheepdog.gif

This is the hot route I've been waiting to see. The 49ers' DB blitzes leaving Kearse alone. Russell sees it the whole way and maybe even signals to Kearse before the snap. The recognition on this play by both Kearse and Wilson is exactly what you need to beat the blitz with a hot route.

AffectionateForsakenAmericankestrel.gif

Rawls showing some impressive burst, vision, and agility.

It deserves to be said, Luke Willson (#82) had an amazing game blocking against the 9ers. He's not the strongest but he understands the system and puts in the effort. He was key for a few of the big run plays.

EvilIncompatibleFanworms.gif

Another failed RB screen pass. :34853_doh:

FrigidNastyAmericancurl.gif

#29 of the defense summing up the 49ers performance. :lol: :lol:

Cartire

Reaction score
Regarding the last gif (well done by the way), im not as keen on this audible. Wilson knows the guy is blitzing (good), but they run an inside slant (if that was the hot route). The safety was obviously gonna pick up the slot, so essentially, the play was 5 yards and a massive hit on Kearse. I dont like seeing that when its not for at least a 1st down (same route, but starting 2-5 instead of 1-10.)

Even then though, that was prime Baldwin territory for a double move corner route. Put Baldwin in the slot, and he would do the quick juke in and the sprint for the over the shoulder to the corner (which was WIDE open).

This is more me just day dreaming right now. Still glad it was a positive play. Just dont think it was that great for the hit it took.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The TV view of him juking Navarro made me think Bowman doesn't trust his knees. It had that kind of look to it. Still great move.

Cartire

Reaction score
Scottemojo":220n7kd3 said:
The TV view of him juking Navarro made me think Bowman doesn't trust his knees. It had that kind of look to it. Still great move.

It was a good cut by Rawls. But I think a 2012 Bowman makes that tackle 9 outta 10.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Cartire":23n2oavs said:
Scottemojo":23n2oavs said:

It was a good cut by Rawls. But I think a 2012 Bowman makes that tackle 9 outta 10.
Yeah, pretty much what I mean. Kind of sad. I really like Bowman.

drdiags

Reaction score
Jimmy Graham is lucky Bowman didn't stumble a tad higher. He got rolled up on but was able to escape damage. Blocking for a RB has to suck big-time due to the odds of getting hit in the back of the legs and ankles.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Cartire":1ex86t29 said:
Regarding the last gif (well done by the way), im not as keen on this audible. Wilson knows the guy is blitzing (good), but they run an inside slant (if that was the hot route). The safety was obviously gonna pick up the slot, so essentially, the play was 5 yards and a massive hit on Kearse. I dont like seeing that when its not for at least a 1st down (same route, but starting 2-5 instead of 1-10.)

Even then though, that was prime Baldwin territory for a double move corner route. Put Baldwin in the slot, and he would do the quick juke in and the sprint for the over the shoulder to the corner (which was WIDE open).

This is more me just day dreaming right now. Still glad it was a positive play. Just dont think it was that great for the hit it took.

I completely agree, its a bam bam play, if there is a blitz, when a team loads up the box that way, there has to be a WR that is not covered. It is a match up play and you go to the most mismatched guy in the formation. DB blitzes in theory means the middle is open, so corners normally over compensate the middle, where a slant route towards the side line would have worked I think. You need to put a guy in motion in most of these situations to make a defense think harder.

kearly

Reaction score
I obsess over Rawls staying healthy after every hit the way Scotte does over Russ. That said, its awesome seeing Rawls make plays over and over again. He is making our OL look like studs. And because Rawls is taking over-midseason (we hope), its to Seattle's advantage because opponents don't have a lot of tape on Rawls yet. It reminds me a bit of how Wilson, Kaep and RG3 flourished so much in 2012 because teams didn't have the book on them yet.

If Rawls starts rest of season, and the secondary snaps out of their funk, I'll actually start having SB dreams again this season. The Hawks offense is on a different level when Rawls is in there.

I think the emergence of Rawls tells us a lot about Wilson too. The FO spent all this money and draft picks getting him weapons, only to see Wilson regress. They did this because for a prototypical QB you improve his performance by getting him better weapons.

But this season has made it very clear to me, the best weapon for a point guard QB is a dangerous and productive read option partner. I haven't looked up the numbers but it feels like there is a direct link between a Seattle RB going over ~5 YPC in a game and Wilson going over ~100 passer rating in the same game.

If Rawls can keep this up, the real winner is Russell Wilson.

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Cartire":1zf6d7v8 said:

Great thoughts on the play and I'd have to agree that the route choice was probably not ideal. Sometimes you see that work better when the safety is a step too slow and the receiver gets a chance to break the tackle for serious YAC. I suppose what I liked most was that they final connected on a hot route! The execution and route choice needs work but for Russ and his receivers to recognize the situation and react together on the play shows some positive development.

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Spot on Kearly. Very well put. To add to that I feel Rawls can also help take the pressure of Russ in the passing game as a reliable check down option. Not that Lynch didn't have his moments but Rawls showed some good hands against the 49ers and the speed and agility to give Russ confidence in taking the safe throw.

formido

Reaction score
kearly":6d7rzd7r said:
I obsess over Rawls staying healthy after every hit the way Scotte does over Russ. That said, its awesome seeing Rawls make plays over and over again. He is making our OL look like studs. And because Rawls is taking over-midseason (we hope), its to Seattle's advantage because opponents don't have a lot of tape on Rawls yet. It reminds me a bit of how Wilson, Kaep and RG3 flourished so much in 2012 because teams didn't have the book on them yet.

If Rawls starts rest of season, and the secondary snaps out of their funk, I'll actually start having SB dreams again this season. The Hawks offense is on a different level when Rawls is in there.

I think the emergence of Rawls tells us a lot about Wilson too. The FO spent all this money and draft picks getting him weapons, only to see Wilson regress. They did this because for a prototypical QB you improve his performance by getting him better weapons.

But this season has made it very clear to me, the best weapon for a point guard QB is a dangerous and productive read option partner. I haven't looked up the numbers but it feels like there is a direct link between a Seattle RB going over ~5 YPC in a game and Wilson going over ~100 passer rating in the same game.

Great way to put it.

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Added a few more plays. Seattle didn't do much more different in the 2nd half and kept it simple outside a play or two. Maybe they didn't want to give anything away or just figured they didn't have to push for more points. The 3rd quarter on offense was slow, but the 49ers had basically given in by halftime and wasn't willing to keep up with the intensity of Seattle's offensive line which led to some big plays in the run game and enough time in pass pro to give Russ the time to hit on a few key plays.

Anthony!

Reaction score
kearly":9ee7j554 said:

Some of what you say makes sense but I think the correlation is more in pass blocking and play design and calling then anything else. I also do not think Wilson has regressed he just has not had any real help, As I have said and Aaron Rodgers this year, Tom Brady a year or so ago proved no QB no matter how great they are can do it by themselves. They need a couple of the following to play well; pass blocking, run game, pass play design, play calling, great WR/TE. Most of this year Wilson has not had a couple of these things working. IN the first 3 years he had a run game and while not great the oline in pass blocking was at least okay. This year the run game has been up and down and the oline pass blocking has been well they are ranked 32nd in the league, dead last enough said about it. The oline this game played a great game, we had a run game, and the play calling and design was pretty good for a change. So I agree for a prototypical QB you get them more weapons but that is only assuming other things are in place like a decent pass blocking oline and good play design. I do not care how many weapons you get them if the play design/calling is bad and or the oline cannot pass block you are screwed. To me this game proved without a doubt the oline has been the biggest issue. If the oline can keep it up the real winners are both Rawls and Wilson and the team

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
On the failed running back screen, it's kind of funny to me to see Jeanpierre just keep running after he doesn't find anybody to block. He's like, "I'm going to find one of those little guys in the secondary to hit."