Beastmode having hernia surgery Wednesday morning

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...wks-marshawn-lynch-to-have-surgery-for-hernia

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported the running back will need surgery to repair a sports hernia, and is expected to be out a month. The surgery is scheduled for Wednesday morning, according to a source. The timeline makes a return to the field possible for Lynch, especially if the Seahawks make the postseason.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... -4-5-weeks

FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports "indications" are Marshawn Lynch (abdomen) is expected to miss "about 4-5 weeks" with the hope that he's back by late-December.

EarlyUnfitGlowworm.gif

CXzDF7g

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well this stinks...............heal up beast. Hope Rawls can keep it up and the rest of the offense steps it up.

Rob12

Reaction score
Time to really find out if Rawls can shoulder the load. Those are insanely huge shoes to feel, but the rookie is off to a great start.

Get well soon, Beast.

Rob12

Reaction score
More than anything, the pressure on Russ just got much more. The question that so many others (not necessarily Hawks fans) ask is about to answered:

Can he carry this offense on his back?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think he can carry the load.

Hope Marshawn has zero complication and heals up quickly.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
This would be a whole lot more horrible of a news bit if a) we didn't have Rawls, and b) we weren't 5-5 and in the midst of a let-down season of sorts. Of course, the optimist in me says anything can happen, so here's to a 9-4 record upon his return!

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Chiefs are 4-1 since Charles went out, including wins against the Steelers and Broncos. Steelers are 2-0 without Bell. Texans are 3-0 without Foster. Bears should be 3-0 without Forte.

Not the end of the world by any stretch, teams don't have game plans for Rawls, he offers a new dynamic but can be just as bruising. I really think our passing game can benefit from this, in particular, a guy like Jimmy Graham. Rawls hits a hole cleaner and faster, the box will/should remain stacked.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hopefully we get into the playoffs. I am feeling that we need to start steamrolling better teams before getting too jazzed, especially without my fav. Hawk for at least a month.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Largent80":1g58g8nb said:
Hopefully we get into the playoffs. I am feeling that we need to start steamrolling better teams before getting too jazzed, especially without my fav. Hawk for at least a month.
Steamroll? How's about just beating a good team once this year, something we haven't done.

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3pv7lu6b said:
This would be a whole lot more horrible of a news bit if a) we didn't have Rawls, and b) we weren't 5-5 and in the midst of a let-down season of sorts. Of course, the optimist in me says anything can happen, so here's to a 9-4 record upon his return!
Rawls has been great but I'm not sure he can erase a loss. Just kidding, here's to a speedy recovery for the Beast and I'm excited to see how this team reacts. There's is not a lot of margin for error in these next 6 games.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
S all those times Lynch grabbed his ding ding, he was really just preventing a sports hernia?

An ounce of prevention...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
j hawk":1g6y221o said:
Scotte, you make me laugh. :mrgreen:
As soon as Roger made him stop, he gets a gaddam hernia. It's science.

mrt144

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2itbcyh1 said:
S all those times Lynch grabbed his ding ding, he was really just preventing a sports hernia?

An ounce of prevention...

Purveyor of facts

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Rob12":1zxutljm said:
Time to really find out if Rawls can shoulder the load. Those are insanely huge shoes to feel, but the rookie is off to a great start.

Get well soon, Beast.

This note expresses the sentiments of all .netters.....if I may speak for all. ;)

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Unfathomably, this may actually be an underrated loss. Imagine if we found this out two weeks ago.

It's easier to swallow coming off a 200-yard game from Rawls. But at the end of the day, you've still lost one of your best players and a staple aspect of your offense.

Excited to see what young Brawls is made of; however, my expectations are in check. Right now, we're asking a lot of guys who've only been in this offense for a few months or less.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Hope he's back in time for the playoffs. Lynch wasn't contributing much this season anyway so i'm interested to see how the offense does with a healthy rushing attack