Rawls? I like this guy

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
[youtube]oPhtSgokDww[/youtube]

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-seahawks-rookie-thomas-rawls-craves-contact/

In college, he disregarded concern for his body — or health — on his weekly hunt for defenders.

“He didn’t try to run around people,” said Fred Jackson Sr., his position coach at Michigan (Rawls later transferred to Central Michigan). “That’s why he was hurt all the time.”

So it is not surprising that during his rookie season with the Seahawks, Rawls’ most prominent trait is his blunt eagerness for contact. But Rawls does not see it as a matter of eagerness so much as one of identity.

“I never run out of bounds,” he said. “It’s just my makeup. It’s just my whole mentality. I think I would feel less of a person if I just ran out of bounds.”

rain7

Reaction score
It's fun to watch but his college coaches quotes are a bit of a concern. With marshawn showing up week in week out(till recently) we might have developed a false sense of reality with regards to what can be expected out of someone who runs this way health wise. Marion barber comes to mind.

chevelle03

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":xhg92wx0 said:
"It’s just my whole mentality. I think I would feel less of a person if I just ran out of bounds.”

I love this quote and I love the way he runs, but the sad reality is that it will probably end up being a short career because of it. But hey, a running back's shelf life is always going to be short so he might as well make the most of it and keep mauling people while he can.