Thankful for this team, and thankful for .NET.

Rob12

Reaction score
With Thanksgiving 2015 upon us, I wanted to take this opportunity to sincerely thank the Seattle Seahawks for everything they have given us—the 12’s, over the past few years. In doing this, I also want to think .NET, which has been my sanctuary for discussing the team I love. There are so many great people here that have truly benefited my life, and I sincerely mean that.

Being a Seattle sports fan for most of my cognitive life, I have always been starved for a winner. Before early 2014, it was always the same thing—what have your teams won? And I could never answer that, because as a fan I had never experienced the pinnacle. In 2014, with mostly this group of current Seahawks, they changed all of that.

My dad died in March of 2013, and never got to physically experience the pure joy that I experienced on February 2, 2014. On that day, the Seahawks were a monster, and the Denver Broncos were absolutely devoured by a team that will forever live in our hearts. He was a huge Seahawks fan, and was the first person I knew that completely signed off on this front office drafting Russell Wilson.

That Super Bowl win in many ways helped sooth me during a time where I was completely lost as an individual. Many don’t understand that. How could a football team mean that much? But ever since late 1989, when I was just a snot nosed eight-year-old, this team became more than just something that I rooted for six months out of the year.

Looking at my avatar, I see that these guys have achieved something that 37 other Seahawks teams couldn’t quite get to. We live vicariously through these 53 men, and somehow hope that their success is the same as our own. When the last play of last year’s Super Bowl happened, I felt like my best friend stabbed me in the back. After all, how can you get that close and just seemingly give it away? But finally, today, I realized something—that play, as bad as the result was, is something that I could move on from.

My life doesn’t look all that different had Russell hit Ricardo Lockette in stride for the game winning touchdown. Does yours? But for the 53 men and the coaching staff that put their blood, sweat, and tears into last season, I realized that it affects them more. It’s something that through their older years, they will relive in a more painful way that any of us could even fathom. That should offer some perspective, if nothing else.

This team is 5-5 right now, and looks to be on the ropes. Many of the talking heads and other fan bases throughout the league have written this team off, and have proclaimed that the Seahawks rise to the top was just as quick as their fall back to where they belong. But that’s crap, and I feel terrible for doubting this team. There’s still six games to go, and an 11 win season within grasp, and at the risk of parroting one of our QB’s clichés, all this team needs to do for the next six weeks is go 1-0. I believe they can.

This team, this group of players, and our fan base has given me so much. I said that my life isn’t much different because of how they play, and that’s mostly true. But in my heart, it feels insanely good to be a part of all of this. I’m 34, but when I’m 64, I’m going to remember this team and how it made me feel. I am going to remember the Sunday afternoons in my assorted Seahawks jerseys, and having my three young sons sitting on my lap during the game. I’ll remember my middle boy, Jacob, who is only three-years-old, throwing up his hands and yelling, “Touchdown, Seahawks!” I’ll remember it.

That’s enough. But somehow, I know there is more to come.

That’s plenty enough to be thankful for.

We all we got, we all we need. It’s still true today. The NFL world doesn’t believe, but we do. Six weeks, one Sunday at a time. Get it done.

Happy Thanksgiving to you .NETTERS, you husbands and fathers, sons, brothers, and uncles. Also to you female lovers of the Seahawks—believe. Thank you to RockHawk and Anguish, and especially Aros, for providing us the best Seahawks community on the net.

Today, like every other day—Go Hawks!

Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy yourselves, enjoy your families, and enjoy the fact that we've got the back of the best football team on the planet.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Not many posts brings a tear to my eye like yours did. Thank you for sharing.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and everyone here on .Net

FB-Go-Hawks.jpg

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
It's just that the Seahawks are pretty awesome. We've got it good.

My wife couldn't care less about this team until we got married. When she realized how much they meant to me, she got on board. Seeing her cry tears of joy at the end of SB 48 showed me what it means to be a 12. Maybe she was just crying tears of joy for me, but somehow, she got invested. A country girl, who couldn't care less about football for most of her life, latched on to this team. And now, she's the one telling me not to get down, and to simply believe.

This is the golden era of Seahawks football and we're living it! Many 12's before us never got to experience this. I think of guys like my dad, and Les... They left this place before it all came to fruition. I think for their sake, we owe it to them to believe, and to be loud as hell at the Clink when an opposing team comes in. This team has earned our never ending support and belief. These group of guys are special and lay it on the line every Sunday. Doing something they love. And we get to witness the fruits of that.

Go Hawks.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
Thankful for Jeremy Lane. This cat laid it on the line. His body was literally broken, and all because he picked off Tom Brady and wanted to make something happen for this team. He's likely coming back this week, and should have a big impact. He's worked his ass of to get back. Thank you Jeremy, for loving this team and putting yourself on the line. We're glad you're back!

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
Thankful for the BEAST! Now here's a guy that has laid it all on the line for this franchise and our fan base. Two Beast Quake runs. In my mind, he's easily the best running back in team history. He has given this team its identity and has been involved in the development of his possible replacement, Thomas Rawls. He's made us laugh, but most of all he's given us a swagger that can't really be measured. Talk about a resurrection story. Ever since he's been here, he's given his all to this team.

Marshawn Lynch, in a word... Is the Seahawks.

chris98251

Reaction score
Thankful for all of you here, being able to share with you the joy of being a fan of our team and the rewards that we have had being in this together.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Agreed, well put OP.

Thanks to the Hawks players, staff, Paul Allen for giving us great entertainment and enjoyment.

Thanks to all here for all the great insights, thoughts, and passion for my favorite team. A special thanks to the mods for all your hard work keeping things civil. Special mention to Laloosh for your efforts lately really making for some interesting and good reads/discussions.

Now that I went and got all mooshy.........Happy Thanksgiving and best wishes/safe travels for everybody here.

Go Hawks!!! :thirishdrinkers:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wonderful post. I'm sorry for the loss of your father. I know in my heart that he was with you and witnessed the Championship win but I know it's not the same as being there physically.

May your day be filled with family, laughter, peace, food, libations (if you so choose) and football. May the Seahawks continue to be a vital source of happiness to all 12's everywhere.

There truly is so much for us all to be thankful for. Go Hawks!

morgulon1

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3uj0cvku said:
Not many posts brings a tear to my eye like yours did. Thank you for sharing.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and everyone here on .Net

FB-Go-Hawks.jpg

Dang. Did the same thing to me.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rob12":36ncc2zi said:
With Thanksgiving 2015 upon us, I wanted to take this opportunity to sincerely thank the Seattle Seahawks for everything they have given us—the 12’s, over the past few years. In doing this, I also want to think .NET, which has been my sanctuary for discussing the team I love. There are so many great people here that have truly benefited my life, and I sincerely mean that.

Being a Seattle sports fan for most of my cognitive life, I have always been starved for a winner. Before early 2014, it was always the same thing—what have your teams won? And I could never answer that, because as a fan I had never experienced the pinnacle. In 2014, with mostly this group of current Seahawks, they changed all of that.

My dad died in March of 2013, and never got to physically experience the pure joy that I experienced on February 2, 2014. On that day, the Seahawks were a monster, and the Denver Broncos were absolutely devoured by a team that will forever live in our hearts. He was a huge Seahawks fan, and was the first person I knew that completely signed off on this front office drafting Russell Wilson.

That Super Bowl win in many ways helped sooth me during a time where I was completely lost as an individual. Many don’t understand that. How could a football team mean that much? But ever since late 1989, when I was just a snot nosed eight-year-old, this team became more than just something that I rooted for six months out of the year.

Looking at my avatar, I see that these guys have achieved something that 37 other Seahawks teams couldn’t quite get to. We live vicariously through these 53 men, and somehow hope that their success is the same as our own. When the last play of last year’s Super Bowl happened, I felt like my best friend stabbed me in the back. After all, how can you get that close and just seemingly give it away? But finally, today, I realized something—that play, as bad as the result was, is something that I could move on from.

My life doesn’t look all that different had Russell hit Ricardo Lockette in stride for the game winning touchdown. Does yours? But for the 53 men and the coaching staff that put their blood, sweat, and tears into last season, I realized that it affects them more. It’s something that through their older years, they will relive in a more painful way that any of us could even fathom. That should offer some perspective, if nothing else.

This team is 5-5 right now, and looks to be on the ropes. Many of the talking heads and other fan bases throughout the league have written this team off, and have proclaimed that the Seahawks rise to the top was just as quick as their fall back to where they belong. But that’s crap, and I feel terrible for doubting this team. There’s still six games to go, and an 11 win season within grasp, and at the risk of parroting one of our QB’s clichés, all this team needs to do for the next six weeks is go 1-0. I believe they can.

This team, this group of players, and our fan base has given me so much. I said that my life isn’t much different because of how they play, and that’s mostly true. But in my heart, it feels insanely good to be a part of all of this. I’m 34, but when I’m 64, I’m going to remember this team and how it made me feel. I am going to remember the Sunday afternoons in my assorted Seahawks jerseys, and having my three young sons sitting on my lap during the game. I’ll remember my middle boy, Jacob, who is only three-years-old, throwing up his hands and yelling, “Touchdown, Seahawks!” I’ll remember it.

That’s enough. But somehow, I know there is more to come.

That’s plenty enough to be thankful for.

We all we got, we all we need. It’s still true today. The NFL world doesn’t believe, but we do. Six weeks, one Sunday at a time. Get it done.

Happy Thanksgiving to you .NETTERS, you husbands and fathers, sons, brothers, and uncles. Also to you female lovers of the Seahawks—believe. Thank you to RockHawk and Anguish, and especially Aros, for providing us the best Seahawks community on the net.

Today, like every other day—Go Hawks!

Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy yourselves, enjoy your families, and enjoy the fact that we've got the back of the best football team on the planet.
Simply a beautiful post right there man. Well done! Your father had the best seat in the house for XLVIII.
One of the best experiences in my life was watching the beautiful game that was XLVIII with most of my immediate family (I've told that story here a few times).
I echo your sentiments. Thanks to Mark and Neil, my fellow mods, and my fellow posters that make this place great. :)

RockHawk

Reaction score
Thank you for this post, and I agree on everything you said to be thankful for... especially my moderator crew and co-owner Neal for keeping this place the best it can be.

Much love brother.