Jeremy lane

Seahawker86

Reaction score
Is he coming back this week? Sorry if this is being discussed. We really could use him against the Steelers offense

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Yes! We get him back. I'm sure they won't throw him to the wolves and allow him to slowly adjust to game speed again.

Basis4day

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":2txsyrg4 said:
Is he coming back this week? Sorry if this is being discussed. We really could use him against the Steelers offense

Pete says he will be playing. Hasn't been officially put on the active roster but expect something soon. They've been very cautious with him so I wouldn't expect him to be starting on the outside right away.

sutz

Reaction score
Basis4day":2o37pi8c said:
kthebestwayw":2o37pi8c said:

Pete says he will be playing. Hasn't been officially put on the active roster but expect something soon. They've been very cautious with him so I would t expect him to be starting on the outside right away.
Hope so. LoB could use a boost, though they are coming off of a decent game against a poor team.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I think we should manage expectations concerning Lane. His last NFL play (a Tom Brady pick) notwithstanding, the guy has had his shares of burns and misses. He'll play within the scheme and be physical, and that's an improvement over Cary Williams. But he's not Sherman, nowhere close.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3tbjh30l said:
I think we should manage expectations concerning Lane. His last NFL play (a Tom Brady pick) notwithstanding, the guy has had his shares of burns and misses. He'll play within the scheme and be physical, and that's an improvement over Cary Williams. But he's not Sherman, nowhere close.

Hey...Sherm has shown himself to be "mortal" at times this year as well.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect like usual lately he'll get added to the roster late and the roster moves will be done on Saturday. I'm hopeful he can make a difference to the nickel coverage or play as the RCB opposite Sherman. The loss of Simon and Seisay to IR is starting to bite with Williams playing so poorly.

This gives the Hawks a slight bit of an advantage to protect the player cut, as one of the days in the waiver period is a game day for most of the teams.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Doesn't Lane normally play the slot corner? Seems like he does and excels at it.

Hopefully he isn't on ST's this week.

drdiags

Reaction score
I would imagine just like P Richardson, you have to worry about soft tissue injuries early. In the heat of the moment it is tough to fight the urge to go full blast, making sharp movements that maybe your body isn't really ready for. Hopefully he lasts longer in his return than P Rich did.

And as noted, with the leg injury he is coming back from, it will be hard to be effective. I am not a Dr but I have it in my username.