Today's Game Plan

Largent80

Reaction score
Pitt has a top 10 rush defense. So what will Bevell do?

Try to run it down their throats anyway, or come up with a more appropriate tactic?

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
The key in my eyes is defensive line for the Hawks. If we can actually keep the pressure on the whole game we win easily.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I think that Bevell will start out with a 50-50 run to pass Offense just like last Sunday. The Back Field will be batting down long passes all day.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Good run D or not, I think you stay with the run 55-60% of the time to try to keep the D off the field. If you're successful, you hurt them emotionally as well.

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah this team cannot win without the run, especially this year. Even if it means we scuttle a few drives we have to stay with it more than a team with an actual passing attack would.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1v271rad said:
Bubble screens to the fullback with Graham being a decoy into triple coverage. Then a draw on 3rd and long. :34853_doh:
Hi Darrell, how's it going? And thanks for dropping by and giving us the heads up.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1kdmk4ng said:
Bubble screens to the fullback with Graham being a decoy into triple coverage. Then a draw on 3rd and long. :34853_doh:

Or a long bomb on 3rd and 2.

Exittium

Reaction score
To have a "top" run D what "Run heavy" offenses have they faced? Im curious, if its a legitimate stat or a fluff one based on who they've faced. Because as of right now. We have the number 1 rush offense.. Somehow lol

Exittium

Reaction score
Largent80":224f0mvi said:

Thanks... Hmmm i think we'll run fine tbh. Those are pretty pass oriented offenses they've faced. Imo today if we pound the rock we should control this game. And id Williams is inactive for today according to a other post. We definitely should be able to keep this game ours.