Shead looks like garbage

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Yeah there's that.

Good throws, good catches against tight coverage were factors too.
He's an upgrade over what we'd be seeing out of Williams.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":6x7ogoq7 said:
Yeah there's that.

Good throws, good catches against tight coverage were factors too.
He's an upgrade over what we'd be seeing out of Williams.

Not by a lot. The Steelers are obviously picking on him. He's the weak link.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Whoever is covering Wheaton looks like garbage.

Anyone else looks All Pro compared to that. Wheaton has been bad this year, and we gave him a career day.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Was it me or did Pittsburgh throw fifty times?

I can't even remember a straight hand off just of the top of my head.

chris98251

Reaction score
Shead played well, yeah he needs to work on tracking the ball, but he was playing with a bunch of Smurfs as WR's, not our best match up dynamic, we let them get underneath stuff and yeah a few deep balls happened. But when your throwing 50 plus times a game there will be yards gained. In this game it was who had the most points.

Largent80

Reaction score
He broke up a sure touchdown sure has some closing speed but yeah, needs to look for the ball. Only his second game at cb starting.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Shead starting against arguably the most dangerous trio of wideouts in the league, with Lane in his first game back. No pressure by the front four.

I'm not surprised we got burned through the air, and am not ready to blame Shead for what I thought was a pretty gutsy performance by a guy who wasn't a sure thing to even crack the roster this year.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
You're nuts. Shead balled his ass off. Did he get beat a few plays, yes. But his effort was great. I've seen similar effort from Williams this year once. Maybe.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Shead fights harder for the ball than Cary ever did. Also basically handed Kam the final pick.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Compared to Cary Williams, Shead did excellent. He was in place to defend the ball almost every time. Plus, I love the effort (first and second) that he puts into every play. He has room to grow and learn, whereas I don't think Williams does. Unfortunately Roethlisberger put the ball perfectly in the receiver's hands multiple times today.

The Outfield

Reaction score
morgulon1":aogkfol6 said:
I thought Lane had a shittier game than Shead.

Agreed, but I definitely give Lane the benefit of the doubt given it's his first game back in nearly a year. Plus his pick definitely helps make up for the rest of the mistakes.

RussB

Reaction score
Atleast he was able to keep up with recievers. Bryant would have been 5 feet away from williams on those go routes. hes better than williams