Finally (a few questions answered)

Hawks46

Reaction score
So, Wilson has FINALLY won a game in which the opposition scored 24 or more points. We don't have to hear that anymore.

At least for this game, Wilson showed he can carry the team when he needed to. The defense stood up when it had to, but giving up 30 points isn't carrying a team by any stretch.

We can win a game with a positive turnover differential.

We finally beat a winning team.

We actually can get some interceptions.

Hopefully this springboards us ahead for the season. It's a great win, and I'm happy to be wrong that I thought we'd lose.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Yeah I'm happy with the win. I don't want to piss on this so I'll find another thread to unload my bitching.

gargantual

Reaction score
I've always been one of the biggest Russ supporters, but how many of those TDs came off of short fields handed to the O by interceptions.......was it 3 of them? I can't remember. I know good QBs capitalize on what's handed to them and all that, but it wasn't like continual marches the length of the field or anything.

Although it was nice to see them do that at least twice in the game. Very reassuring going forward.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
As much as I hate to see Graham go down, the Seahawks showed they could move the ball even after he went out. Baldwin is going to be the main man in the passing game now.

kearly

Reaction score
It was really cool seeing Seattle win despite allowing Pittsburgh to dictate game flow (shootout vs. fistfight). Pittsburgh is one of the very best shootout teams in the NFL, and Seattle beat them at their own game.

BigMeach

Reaction score
gargantual":20p4hbya said:
I've always been one of the biggest Russ supporters, but how many of those TDs came off of short fields handed to the O by interceptions.......was it 3 of them? I can't remember. I know good QBs capitalize on what's handed to them and all that, but it wasn't like continual marches the length of the field or anything.

Although it was nice to see them do that at least twice in the game. Very reassuring going forward.

Don't believe seeing all 5 touchdowns come from long marches down the field would be more worthwhile in my eyes. One of our biggest issues offensively has been capitalizing in the red zone and off turn overs. We settle for field goals way too often. Seeing our offense consistently score touchdowns no matter where we started with the ball today was huge and I take nothing away from some of them being short fields.

RW showed me a lot today, as did our o-line and receivers.

Anthony!

Reaction score
gargantual":35bt35gx said:

:pukeface: so now scoring 5 tds is not enough he has to do it while marching 80+ yards. I mean we all know no other QB gets good field position. I am not debating how you feel about WiIson but the post was a slap to the game he played today, while having to take IVs because he was sick. FYI 3 of the passing tds were 73 plus yards.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think losing Graham is going to have a big negative impact. He was starting to come on as a 3rd down choice. None of our other WRs have the power to bowl over guys like he does nor the ability to win the 50/50 ball.

I see many saying that losing him may not be that devastating but I am not sure about this opinion.

iigakusei

Reaction score
drdiags":1o804r0n said:
I think losing Graham is going to have a big negative impact. He was starting to come on as a 3rd down choice. None of our other WRs have the power to bowl over guys like he does nor the ability to win the 50/50 ball.

I see many saying that losing him may not be that devastating but I am not sure about this opinion.
Benjamin, Nelson, Edelman, Charles etc. Good teams overcome.

OP
OP
H

Hawks46

Reaction score
gargantual":1yda4xiu said:

The flip side to this is that we were scoring TD's in the red zone, which is something that we've struggled to do this year. Starting on our 10 or the oppositions' 40 yard line, we've looked like ass in the RZ all year. Not this game.

gargantual

Reaction score
Hawks46":3h2pne03 said:
gargantual":3h2pne03 said:

The flip side to this is that we were scoring TD's in the red zone, which is something that we've struggled to do this year. Starting on our 10 or the oppositions' 40 yard line, we've looked like ass in the RZ all year. Not this game.
Great point (Bigmeech made it too). I'm not knocking on Russ at all, but rather on the entire O's ability to sustain drives. We used to always be money on the 2 minute drill but it's not a given this year unfortunately.

Same as on D, we have all the pieces (sans a TE threat) but still have really to put it all together consistently for an entire game (except for San Fran). The D can shut an O down, but hasn't done it for an complete 60 minutes. The exception being last week again of course.

evergreen

Reaction score
we played a hell of a 4th quarter though, even with that 69 yard bomb. If RW played like this all year we'd be 9-2.

olyfan63

Reaction score
iigakusei":2xsc5wox said:
drdiags":2xsc5wox said:

Benjamin, Nelson, Edelman, Charles etc. Good teams overcome.

Bring on Kevin Smith, baby!!
Superb Owl, here we come!!

Actually, I really liked Kevin Smith in preseason, and glad to see him get his shot.
Isn't Kasen Williams still on the practice squad? If Baldwin's getting a breather, we could have an all-UW-Husky trips set!

hawker84

Reaction score
gargantual":337sy2tl said:
All the interceptions felt good. Sure feels like the Legion of Boom is back.

Really, I don't see it at all. We've had receivers get deep on us all year, earl and kam are constantly out of position, and let's not even comment on the right side cb. Not to mention the dreaded seam route which has cost us how many games this year? The Legion of boom looks lost, and it's basically the same personnel, so that leads me to believe it's coaching. And that starts at the top.

JMO

StoneCold

Reaction score
hawker84":wvee47la said:
gargantual":wvee47la said:
All the interceptions felt good. Sure feels like the Legion of Boom is back.

Really, I don't see it at all. We've had receivers get deep on us all year, earl and kam are constantly out of position, and let's not even comment on the right side cb. Not to mention the dreaded seam route which has cost us how many games this year? The Legion of boom looks lost, and it's basically the same personnel, so that leads me to believe it's coaching. And that starts at the top.

JMO

Our D is working under the GW principle. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice and never get fooled again.

They will get better.

NOTE: I know that's not the exact GW quote.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Out of context that is kind of a dumb stat. I bet a lot of qb's and a lot of teams have poor records when the opponent scores over 25. What are all teams records when opponents score over 25?

Just look at scores this past week. Score over 25 and you have a great chance of winning. suck it steelers.

Anthony!

Reaction score
evergreen":1ui4dipf said:
we played a hell of a 4th quarter though, even with that 69 yard bomb. If RW played like this all year we'd be 9-2.

yes because it is all RWs fault

olyfan63

Reaction score
9-2? He's saying that there are at least 2 losses that aren't on Russell.
And RW playing like that is, of course, conditioned on having at least some pass pro from the OL.

It's your logic, or lack thereof, on anything involving RW, that's pathetic.

Seafan

Reaction score
Losing Graham really sucks. He was the go to guy. Too bad it took Russ forever to figure that out. That's a huge loss. Losing your top two offensive weapons has to hurt.