2 great gameplans in a row by Mr Bevell

hawk45

Reaction score
And he adjusted when they started stoning Rawls. And we beat the blitz.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Clearly some alien or football spirit took over Bevell's body the last two weeks, hence why the gameplans have been halfway decent. It's the only explanation.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
It was weird, when Graham got hurt I texted Pe that the playcalling was going to better after that. No more touches to get anyone. As good as Graham played, they were forcing plays to him. Without him, it got even better.

It remains to be seen if that holds true, he does absorb a lot of attention from safeties.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Here's a stat I really like - 4/4 in the red zone. Now if only Hauschka can convert extra points...as the offense went up, Hauschka went down in the extra point dept.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I don't know. It's hard to be negative on him when we won the game. We had quite a few 3 and outs there in the second half. I'm happy as long as he adjusts to the game like he's been doing.

The Outfield

Reaction score
hawkfan68":46q8oiy5 said:
Here's a stat I really like - 4/4 in the red zone. Now if only Hauschka can convert extra points...as the offense went up, Hauschka went down in the extra point dept.

Yeah, what the heck Hausch? Last thing I'd expect him to perform poorly on is extra point kicks.

hawk45

Reaction score
That was my first thought as well, that the play calling would improve when he went out.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3jbmubxi said:
I don't know. It's hard to be negative on him when we won the game. We had quite a few 3 and outs there in the second half. I'm happy as long as he adjusts to the game like he's been doing.
He had a couple series that felt out of touch with the game flow, but what OC doesn't? Good on third down, good in the RZ. Though I did call the failed run for 2 pts, I KNEW after two failed passes on the other 2 we would run it. So did the Stealers. There is still work to be done.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Still too many bubble screens and empty sets on 3rd downs, but one of DB's better efforts overall this year.

jkitsune

Reaction score
This offense has a lot of success when they're pushing the ball downfield, rather than going towards the sideline. I don't have the numbers to back this statement up, but to my observation it seems like Russ has been more effective this year over the intermediate middle than in prior years, but we've been hesitant to go there.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
jkitsune":1n788aox said:
This offense has a lot of success when they're pushing the ball downfield, rather than going towards the sideline. I don't have the numbers to back this statement up, but to my observation it seems like Russ has been more effective this year over the intermediate middle than in prior years, but we've been hesitant to go there.
I would agree with that.

I love that we went after Cockerell (spelling?) so much. One of my big complaints has been how we don't target weaknesses all that much. I also loved going to Willson the play after Graham went out, good piece of strategy.

mrt144

Reaction score
That crossing to ADB that went for TD on YAC - that's what I've been hoping for all season. Love it. It's not like RW can't make those passes, they just need to be there to make.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I wonder if someone more versed in X's and O's can help me out here. I like everyone else am sick and tired of the screen passes. They all take too long to develop and never work for us. However on the 1 play today where they blitzed and Wilson fired the rocket to kearse that was overturned it seemed that play developed 10x faster, as it needed too. Why don't we run the screen passes this way? Wilson took the snap and fired the ball and kearse was already 7 yds downfield. It seems like every screen we try to set it up with a fake handoff and then the WR gets tackled asap. It just seems like it would work better his way.