League should investigate Ben's concussion protocol

seabowl

Reaction score
He apparently gets concussed on the Bennett hit but stays in the game until it's pretty much over. I'm pretty sure the league will look into this.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Someone brought this up in the game forum and they definitely should. Someone made the decision to check on him later why didn't said person do this earlier?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They'll investigate it and find nothing. A legacy team shall not be punished harshly.

bigwrm

Reaction score
In this case I didn't even realize he took a bad hit to the head or think he looked obviously concussed at the time. It looked like the team only found out after he told them about the hit on the sideline. There's only so much the team can do if the player isn't forthcoming or proactive about hits to the head.

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
I'm sure it has to do with them being unable to differentiate his concussion symptoms as opposed to his normal behavior.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2hd2998x said:
Sports Hernia":2hd2998x said:
They'll investigate it and find nothing. A legacy team shall not be punished harshly.

Yes. They'll do tests on his brain and find nothing. Because there's nothing there.

LOL. they might find poop.

drdiags

Reaction score
Maybe this will clear the Steelers?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/671148511166099456[/tweet]

I rather the game doesn't become a game of nannies asking players after every play if they got an oowie. Otherwise, there were shots to Wilson's dome that if this new policy of anything to the head means walk the player to the sideline and examine may not be what folks really want to watch either.

I don't know what the answer is but Big Ben has a reputation as being able to absorb punishment and that may have been why the refs didn't intervene?

Running backs as well, they are always taking shots to the head due to the way RBs are allowed to be blasted and not get head-to-head depending on the area where the RB gets hit.