Seahawks Slightly Favored over Vikings

Hawkpower

Reaction score
JSeahawks":4bvcy760 said:
If the playoffs started today this would be the matchup.

Strange as it may seem, Green Bay may prefer the 5 seed to winning the division if they arent going to get the 2.

Seattle at home.....or on the road against the Skins or Giants?

Weird circumstances.....

NINEster

Reaction score
Hawkpower":55vn6iwz said:
JSeahawks":55vn6iwz said:

Strange as it may seem, Green Bay may prefer the 5 seed to winning the division if they arent going to get the 2.

Weird circumstances.....

When was the last time the Seahawks beat the Packers in Lambeau?

No one outright intimidates anyone in the NFC this season.

hannibalking

Reaction score
JSeahawks":16ahw7pf said:
I do find this funny in its own way. Still nice to see us in the actual graph for playoff teams atm.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
The Vikings have never been really dominant this season. They just came out of a lot of games with wins. They haven't looked all that strong lately either in my opinion. Losing big to the Packers and only barely beating a dying Falcons team. On the other hand we just came off a huge win. Combine that with how well we've played even in our losses and a small favoring to us is realistic.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Win this and I'll believe, lose and I think we will really struggle.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I think we match up well against them. Both teams will want to run a lot, but I think our rush defense is much better.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3c6jujsw said:
JSeahawks":3c6jujsw said:

Weird circumstances.....
Which is why I never worry much about seeding. Sure, I want us seeded as high as possible, but the only thing the team can do is win as many games as possible. I always root for that.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
As a sports bettor, vegas is laughing in the face of the Vikings.

An 8-3 team at home can't even be favored against a 6-5 team who just lost its best offensive pass catcher. By the looks of the line, we should win.

byau

Reaction score
It's going to be another offensive shootout, similar to 2012, similar to PIT vs SEA this past Sunday.

Adrian Peterson tore us up last time, and we were saved by the SEA offense if I recall Marshawn had a huge game as did Wilson

This past Sunday: Adrian Peterson just tore up the #1 rush defense (on paper). And the Vikings have an actual QB this time.

I imagine this will go just like this past Sunday, hope the offense is on their game. (Not to mention ..10am PST start time)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Atlanta was a middle-of-the-pack run defense in DVOA. It was more impressive when the Rams (#3) gave up 125 to him.

If our tackling remains sloppy, he'll have another big day. Otherwise, we'll be fine.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1hswau3i said:
Atlanta was a middle-of-the-pack run defense in DVOA. It was more impressive when the Rams (#3) gave up 125 to him.

If our tackling remains sloppy, he'll have another big day. Otherwise, we'll be fine.

Yeah lets not be fooled by the Falcons. They do not pass the "eye test" as the best run defense. They are an average run defense, and AP proved that yesterday.

I think we can bottle up AP. Stack the box. I'll take my chances with our struggling secondary against their WR's.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I'd take a -6.5, genuinely, though I don't like betting on the Hawks if I can help it. I also like our points line, set at 20.5. Looks like a decent bet.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1gfn5s3u said:
I'd take a -6.5, genuinely, though I don't like betting on the Hawks if I can help it. I also like our points line, set at 20.5. Looks like a decent bet.

You are high if you would bet on Seattle at -6.5 on the road in Minnesota. A line of -6.5 would indicate that we would be about -12.5 if this game were played at the CLink. Not happening. If you love -6.5, put your children mortgage on Seattle -1 :D

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":11tcs67c said:
SomersetHawk":11tcs67c said:

You are high if you would bet on Seattle at -6.5 on the road in Minnesota. A line of -6.5 would indicate that we would be about -12.5 if this game were played at the CLink. Not happening. If you love -6.5, put your children mortgage on Seattle -1 :D

I wouldn't take -6.5 as the official spread, but as a handicap bet I might take it on. I'd hope to get close to 3/1 odds on it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think the Vegas thinking on the Hawks is that this is the time of year we start turning it on, thus the thinking with this line.

But idk, our defense isn't the same, so IMO this is more of a pick em game to me.

It's true the Vikings have won some close games, but against pretty mediocre teams. But AP's running well, and Bridgewater can make some plays. So this should go down to the wire if our defense can't figure out how to get some pressure on Bridgewater.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
NINEster":mbgr51n8 said:
Hawkpower":mbgr51n8 said:
JSeahawks":mbgr51n8 said:

Weird circumstances.....

When was the last time the Seahawks beat the Packers in Lambeau?

No one outright intimidates anyone in the NFC this season.

Who said anything about intimidation?

That doesnt mean there isnt a team in the league that would rather play Seattle instead of the Skins, home or away.

In the playoffs, its all about match-ups.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":wow48yah said:
I think the Vegas thinking on the Hawks is that this is the time of year we start turning it on, thus the thinking with this line.

But idk, our defense isn't the same, so IMO this is more of a pick em game to me.

It's true the Vikings have won some close games, but against pretty mediocre teams. But AP's running well, and Bridgewater can make some plays. So this should go down to the wire if our defense can't figure out how to get some pressure on Bridgewater.

In previous years, I think the recipe to beat us was to play smash-mouth football like the Niners did the past few years. We used to invite teams to throw the ball 35+ times on us. Now the script has flipped. With our front 7 looking like the strength of our defense, I think we are better suited playing a team that wants to run the ball.

I think last years Seahawks defense would fair better against the Pittsburgh than Minnesota. I think it's the opposite this year.

This is a good matchup for us. Shutdown AP. Take our chances with Bridgewater throwing to a pretty mediocre receiving core.