Tony Dungy saying

chris98251

Reaction score
We have to be a offensive minded team and that nobody fears our defense.....

Thoughts?

I really hope Pete and the defense hear that quote, While I agree a more aggressive approach is a nice thought, I don't think we will change how we do things, Pittsburgh forced us to be aggressive on offense.

OrFan

Reaction score
Dungee has never been very bright, in my opinion.

knownone

Reaction score
4 INTs... I think he's wrong about our defense. Obviously they didn't play a great game, but any team coming in here expecting to throw it 50 times and win is crazy.

I'm with you, no need to change anything.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Jimmy Clausen fears our defence. He didn't throw the ball farther than 10 yards down the field. We get to play him again when we play the Ravens maybe.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
It's kinda true. Doesn't seem like any teams fear our D anymore. Unfortunately.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
knownone":v56yl86j said:
4 INTs... I think he's wrong about our defense. Obviously they didn't play a great game, but any team coming in here expecting to throw it 50 times and win is crazy.

I'm with you, no need to change anything.

3 of INT's were total gifts.

The defense played awful.

Hawks46

Reaction score
He's right. No one is really worried about our defense.

Seriously, when any offense gets in trouble, they just throw it to their TE. Pittsburgh did it today and Miller was killing us. The problem is, Miller is getting old and he couldn't handle the pounding. Even Pitt's 3rd TE was catching passes against us.

We have glaring weaknesses now. Maybe we don't like hearing that, but I'd agree with Tony. What's really to be scared about our defense ?

drdiags

Reaction score
Yeah, I heard the same thing. Right now the defense has growing pains from the change-over and are having a tough time containing high-power offenses so it feeds the narrative that the Seahawks have been solved on defense.

Only way to shut up folks like Dungy is to go out and prove them clueless. Right now the performance of the defense isn't making him couch his words. We will see if this is a temporary thing or the end of a nice mini-era for a hardnose, tough defense.

OrFan

Reaction score
seabowl":jvomhn8y said:
OrFan":jvomhn8y said:
Dungee has never been very bright, in my opinion.

It's Dungy

Ok, Dingy it is.

It is pretty funny me saying he isn't bright as I just copy the spelling in the thread title without even thinking about it.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
drdiags":rqglk5se said:
Yeah, I heard the same thing. Right now the defense has growing pains from the change-over and are having a tough time containing high-power offenses so it feeds the narrative that the Seahawks have been solved on defense.

Only way to shut up folks like Dungy is to go out and prove them clueless. Right now the performance of the defense isn't making him couch his words. We will see if this is a temporary thing or the end of a nice mini-era for a hardnose, tough defense.
Exactly. This is so well said. Hope our D is able to prove him wrong and shut him up. Hopefully it's not "the end" of our dominant defense....

Mojambo

Reaction score
He's right. An identity change is being forced on this team. They can either accept, adapt and thrive or stubbornly dig in and fail.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Steelers have been blowing up everyone's secondary this year when they have all of their pieces.

We were 2nd in the NFL in defense coming into the game.

Maybe not playing historic defense as of late, but lets not get carried away with some sort of identity change.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Hawkpower":zvtfutjq said:
Steelers have been blowing up everyone's secondary this year when they have all of their pieces.

We were 2nd in the NFL in defense coming into the game.

Maybe not playing historic defense as of late, but lets not get carried away with some sort of identity change.

:13:

Narniaman

Reaction score
Pittsburg had been averaging 384.9 yards of offense a game.

They came into Seattle's digs and rolled up 538 yards, including the most passing yards any Seattle team in history had given up.

Tony Dungee is right. No NFL offense is losing sleep about facing the group of players formerly known as the Legion of Boom. . . . . .

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Narniaman":36g360zp said:
Pittsburg had been averaging 384.9 yards of offense a game.

They came into Seattle's digs and rolled up 538 yards, including the most passing yards any Seattle team in history had given up.

Tony Dungee is right. No NFL offense is losing sleep about facing the group of players formerly known as the Legion of Boom. . . . . .

Many of those games were started by Vick/Jones.

Check their average with Big Ben.

Defense hasn't been playing up to their lofty standards, but they were 2nd in the NFL coming in.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Well isn't Dungy the guy who voted Wagner NFL MVP last year due to our record with and without him? Love BW but that was pretty out there.
That was tough to watch at times but most of the QB receiver combos in this league are not going to do what Rothlisberger did hitting his receivers and some of the catches they made. On a positive, noone has done a job in a while on Brown that Sherman did.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Need a pass rush solution. 2 guys sometimes in, 2 guys always bottled up. Wags is not a contributing force anymore to support the rush or stop the draw / screen / middle run. Leaves the middle exposed. We didnt lose to carolina in a miscom, they ground out a few sustained +50yrd series. Watching BBen have the hours in the pocket he had was similar to watching ARod, and Cam. When we apply pressure we can force the Palmer type turnovers. Our crew and our plan struggles against good olines- not great but good. 62 throws and few sacks.

The secondary played well today though defending against some perfectly placed throws down field, some got there but with 60 tries, laws of averages dictate more than one.

Kris needs a stunt here or there in the plan, and Wagner needs to be in the same conversation as Keukly supported by a plan that puts our effective rushers and tacklers where they can impact a play.

Narniaman

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3k5v6pgt said:
Well isn't Dungy the guy who voted Wagner NFL MVP last year due to our record with and without him? Love BW but that was pretty out there.
That was tough to watch at times but most of the QB receiver combos in this league are not going to do what Rothlisberger did hitting his receivers and some of the catches they made. On a positive, noone has done a job in a while on Brown that Sherman did.

And the remainder of the group once known as the Legion of Boom held Markus Wheaton to a career game of 201 yards. . . . . .