Doug Baldwin YAC

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Something I've noticed of late is that Doug Baldwin has more Yards after contact than I've ever seen him, he's breaking the first tackle and making at least the first guy miss.

I'm still in belief that he could hit 1000 yards on this team by the end of the season.

5 more games left and if he averages 63.2 yards per game he will get 1k yards.

After today's game he is at 684 yards and 6 TD's (career high). He only needs 141 more yards to go to have tied his career season high.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Got to give the guy credit. As an NFL WR that doesn't get high stats he still consistently works his ass off.

Hawks46

Reaction score
There's something to be said for the rapport he has with Wilson.

It might actually be worth the money we're paying him.

OP
OP
theincrediblesok

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
55 reception 788 yards and 8 TDs for the season so far with 4 more games to go. Baldwin only needs to average 53 yards a game for the next 4 and he will be a 1000 yard receiver in our system. Doug is so underrated, compare to what Golden Tate is doing in a high passing team, 67 reception 615 and 2 TDs. Jermaine, Lockett and even Graham had better averaged stats than Tate have done so far in the season.

I will be glad to see this team have a 1000 yard receiver and 1000 yard rusher in the same season. I have a feeling that Wilson will hit 4000 yards for the season, he just need to average 250.75 yards a game for the next 4.

Cartire

Reaction score
The next 2 weeks should be good for him. I just hope we dont have an emotional let up with the (now Clauson?) led Ravens.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I wanted Baldwin to be let go after his selfish pooping incident in the Super Bowl but the guy I have seen this year is completely different. He has come back with a different maturity level and at this point is playing at an elite level. yes "elite"! He is putting up huge numbers and obviously he is Wilsons favorite receiver now!

original poster

Reaction score
I can see both Baldwin and Lockett having 1000 yard seasons next year, very exciting!

OP
OP
theincrediblesok

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
After today's game Doug is at 860 yards with 11 TD's, He only needs to average 46.67 yards a game in the next 3 to get to 1000 yards.

The Outfield

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2yyx9ihx said:
After today's game Doug is at 860 yards with 11 TD's, He only needs to average 46.67 yards a game in the next 3 to get to 1000 yards.

Hope he can get there. He deserves that achievement.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
As long as he doesn't faux drop trou anymore, I'm going to reconsider grabbing a Baldwin jersey. Dude is a MAN.

OP
OP
theincrediblesok

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
The Outfield":sqkzq2ph said:
theincrediblesok":sqkzq2ph said:

Hope he can get there. He deserves that achievement.

Yup me too, I've been on Doug's train for a long time telling everyone that I could that he could be a great WR if he wasn't in a run first offense. Someone said it best that Doug was always in the shadows of some of our big time free agents, he's was never given any time to shine, and did alot of the dirty work. Now that Wilson is given more time to spread the ball, Doug is the go to target, so clutch.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
1000 yards and 11+ TDs is incredibly impressive for an undrafted WR. That would be the best WR season for a Seahawks receiver in a long time (he already is having one of the best in a while).

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
peppersjap":u10j6is2 said:
I wanted Baldwin to be let go after his selfish pooping incident in the Super Bowl but the guy I have seen this year is completely different. He has come back with a different maturity level and at this point is playing at an elite level. yes "elite"! He is putting up huge numbers and obviously he is Wilsons favorite receiver now!
Oh he's still the same guy that had the "pooping incident," the only difference is that now he has more opportunities for it...

Guy has really stepped up lately and has been consistent over the years. Consistency is so crucial.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The way I see it is Doug has found his rhythm in this offense thanks to Russ...No need to pull immature pranks when celebrating touchdowns anymore. Act like you've been there and that is what he's doing now.

Before he felt he needed to make a statement...Now? It's just all about that action, boss.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3vi8lklw said:
Got to give the guy credit. As an NFL WR that doesn't get high stats he still consistently works his ass off.
He had more TD's yesterday (3) than Dez Bryant has had all year in 8 games (2).
8)

OP
OP
theincrediblesok

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
905 Yards with 13 TDs. He has two more games left, only need an average of 47.5 yards a game to hit the 1k mark! If anything I want to see Doug get over 100 yards next game against the Rams.