That fake FG..

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Thanks tomlin for that stupid call. Might have worked if they'd gone quickly but really felt choreographed making it obvious that was a qb not the punter holding. Really big play for momentum at that point of the game. Too bad lane got overexcited and forgot how to run.

AceBoogie715

Reaction score
I expect decisions like that from Tomlin. I'm glad it worked in our favor. Lane played it great also. I think if he was a bit more in game shape, that would've been a touchdown for Lane and my fantasy team. :D

HawkGA

Reaction score
I don't see how he goes for that but at the end of the game opts for the field goal. Just weird.

Seymour

Reaction score
HawkGA":3110nlye said:
I don't see how he goes for that but at the end of the game opts for the field goal. Just weird.

miss read....

iigakusei

Reaction score
I must admit I was just as baffled as him going for the field goal at 4th and Goal from the 2 yard line.
I actually shouted yes when he made that decision.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm OK with going for it on 4th and 2, but if you're going to go for it, why do a stupid fake FG with your backup QB making it obvious what's going on?

Stupid, just let Ben go for it, much better chance of success than that nonsense.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Tomlin showed utter contempt for this team. One, on that fake field goal. Two, going for two-point conversions repeatedly. Three, kicking a field goal on 4th and 3 because he was expecting to quickly get the ball back.

Bit him in the ass at the end.

That trick play though, was Bevellian in its bizarreness. X 51 Triple Shallow 29 Red Fake Zipper Y Do Something So Unbelievably Weird that the Opponent Falls Down in Shock and Gives Up the Otherwise Doomed Play. I read Landry Jones' lips, that's exactly what he called in the huddle. The league's most dynamic WR tandem and you throw to a left tackle?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I usually like Tomlin, but his arrogant play calls combined with his sideline demeanor yesterday left me scratching my head.

Very odd behavior.....maybe that's the norm for him and I just don't watch enough Steeler football.

mrt144

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2l1fjjgc said:
Tomlin showed utter contempt for this team. One, on that fake field goal. Two, going for two-point conversions repeatedly. Three, kicking a field goal on 4th and 3 because he was expecting to quickly get the ball back.

That trick play though, was Bevellian in its bizarreness. X 51 Triple Shallow 29 Red Fake Zipper Y Do Something So Unbelievably Weird that the Opponent Falls Down in Shock and Gives Up the Otherwise Doomed Play. I read Landry Jones' lips, that's exactly what he called in the huddle. The league's most dynamic WR tandem and you throw to a left tackle?

Bevell probably had a long post game session over that call.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
mrt144":wqa64e42 said:
MontanaHawk05":wqa64e42 said:

Bevell probably had a long post game session over that call.

Bevell: Pfft. k.i.s.s. Bubble Screen!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":11337gqr said:

They go for 2 against every team. They have all year because they are really good at it. So I don't think that is him showing contempt for the Seahawks.

JimmyG

Reaction score
JSeahawks":h59qwok5 said:
Thanks tomlin for that stupid call. Might have worked if they'd gone quickly but really felt choreographed making it obvious that was a qb not the punter holding. Really big play for momentum at that point of the game. Too bad lane got overexcited and forgot how to run.
Here's what made it especially stupid: the fake punt was the first play of the second quarter. With time expiring in the first quarter on 4th and 2, Big Ben and the offense stayed on the field. It appeared as if the were going to go for it, but the clock wound down to 0:00 and the first quarter expired. This sort of signaled and aggressive "we're going for it" mentality.

All I'm really saying is that a fake kick/punt is supposed to catch the other team off guard. It doesn't make sense to do it right on the heels of your offense being out there on 4th -- the element of surprise was diminished some already.

HawkGA

Reaction score
In fairness to Tomlin, that was a pretty sweet play Lane made. He covered some serious field to get over to intercept that pass. Good recognition and good speed.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I loved that play. It took so long for them to snap it, and after we had adjusted to it about 5 seconds prior.

I couldn't believe they were actually going through with it. I was jumping up and yelling 'they're gonna cream the QB'.
Alas no, but it ended well anyway.

Go Hawks!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HawkFan72":xwxwse1b said:
MontanaHawk05":xwxwse1b said:

They go for 2 against every team. They have all year because they are really good at it. So I don't think that is him showing contempt for the Seahawks.

Well, then the other are.