Guys, we already have our back-up TE

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Make him an eligible RT every play. :)

randomation

Reaction score
In all seriousness why not give Matthews a shot he knows the O and is currently only on the Ravens practice squad he could be interesting as a receiving TE I have no idea who the hell else we can get can't really trade for one anymore.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Because Matthews probably sucks as a blocker, and doesn't have the awareness and football smarts to really play WR and beat out a guy like Kevin Smith.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
randomation":28yud66k said:
In all seriousness why not give Matthews a shot he knows the O and is currently only on the Ravens practice squad he could be interesting as a receiving TE I have no idea who the hell else we can get can't really trade for one anymore.

Pass.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
cough, cough....Anthony Mccoy was released by the Skins...cough, cough

byau

Reaction score
Tukuafu. He does everything else.

Okay only half serious. But during that Arizona game me and my buddies were calling out for Tukuafu all game long (and didn't he get the run on an I-formation to get a score?)

Yeah as soon as we saw Jimmy we were contemplating. All the ex-TE's came up: Miller, Moeaki, McCoy, and then moving Gilliam over and getting a new lineman

*sigh*

Or... we just seriously put a fullback out there in lieu of second tight end.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I posted some info about other TE's available in another thread. Here's a few possible guys they could consider poaching from other teams.

RaShaun Allen (on Saints PS - he's been with the Hawks)
Joseph Fauria (on Patriots PS)
Gannon Sinclair (on Bears PS)

mrt144

Reaction score
byau":2nr0x3ui said:
Tukuafu. He does everything else.

Okay only half serious. But during that Arizona game me and my buddies were calling out for Tukuafu all game long (and didn't he get the run on an I-formation to get a score?)

Yeah as soon as we saw Jimmy we were contemplating. All the ex-TE's came up: Miller, Moeaki, McCoy, and then moving Gilliam over and getting a new lineman

*sigh*

Or... we just seriously put a fullback out there in lieu of second tight end.

Its too bad Tukaufu is a much better blocking FB than blocking TE.

OP
OP
glowingeyedseahawk
Reaction score
randomation":2vpquyxq said:

Sorry, I am being serious about Garry Gilliam..........he did a helleva job at Tight End @ PennState !!! :th2thumbs:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":3p7my8id said:
randomation":3p7my8id said:

Sorry, I am being serious about Garry Gilliam..........he did a helleva job at Tight End @ PennState !!! :th2thumbs:

Gilliam is too valuable as a RT. Alvin Bailey could reprise his role as a blocking sixth lineman. Tukuafu is another option. I would also like to see Mark Glowinski used in that role.

Luke Willson has improved as a blocker and has been underutilized all season.