DT A.J. Francis elevated from PS to 53 roster

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/671459872169414657[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/671461881463353345[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/671469307575074817[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/671469092843327488[/tweet]

seabowl

Reaction score
No joke. On his Wiki page it says his claim to fame was that he signed up to be a driver for Uber this past April.

Championship!!!!!!

Hawks46

Reaction score
If someone else wanted him, he has to be good, right ?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Didn't really see that coming.

So there's only two TE's on the roster, right? Plus Gilliam?

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawkGA":2ec1jy55 said:
Didn't really see that coming.

So there's only two TE's on the roster, right? Plus Gilliam?

Their moves don't always directly mirror the position of the IR'd player. Has as much to do with two DL being banged up as it does with the empty roster spot. Gotta fill it with something.

mrt144

Reaction score
seabowl":2o65pnxs said:
No joke. On his Wiki page it says his claim to fame was that he signed up to be a driver for Uber this past April.

Championship!!!!!!

My dad retired this year. He talks about driving for Uber to keep things "interesting".

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawks46":2fst11j7 said:
If someone else wanted him, he has to be good, right ?

Dolphins beat writers did not like when he was released. Said things like "The Dolphins will regret this." They think he has a lot of potential.

Reminds me of the preseason fan favorites that the Hawks have let go of over the years. Hopefully Francis can turn into a good one.

drdiags

Reaction score
Kansas City has made hay on some of the Seahawks cuts. Besides Ware, the DL from Florida has found a starting role with the Chiefs and is pretty effective. The TE from a few years back did well there but retired after his one season with the Chiefs. There is gold to be had from other team's PS.

I didn't realize the A.J. signed to the PS after the team cut him last week. I wonder if he had a choice to take the Dolphins bid or accept being elevated to the Seahawks 53? I think the choice is his but not sure.

Polk738

Reaction score
I like this move, I was REALLY hoping they would address the DTs here soon after watching that atrocious pressure up the middle the last couple of weeks, its just too bad that JG had to pay that price.

sutz

Reaction score
drdiags":1zpzvd6w said:
Kansas City has made hay on some of the Seahawks cuts. Besides Ware, the DL from Florida has found a starting role with the Chiefs and is pretty effective. The TE from a few years back did well there but retired after his one season with the Chiefs. There is gold to be had from other team's PS.

I didn't realize the A.J. signed to the PS after the team cut him last week. I wonder if he had a choice to take the Dolphins bid or accept being elevated to the Seahawks 53? I think the choice is his but not sure.
I don't think so. If the Hawks elevate him to the regular roster, his rights stay here, and IIRC, much like with RFAs, if a team makes an offer to take him from our PS, we have the option to promote him ourselves. This is as much about the future as it is about right now. This indicates that they might have a long term plan for the kid and want to hang on to him.