Minnesota Roll Call

tooshort

Reaction score
When the schedule came out I circled this game as a " must go if my schedule allows it" experience. Watching the last chance (possibly in my lifetime) at an outdoor Minny game in a "tiny" 50,000 person stadium just seemed like it should be awesome, even if frigid temps ensued.

SEA/MSP round trip booked today for really cheap (less than $280) , 12th row section 234 seats for $72 apiece bought and printed... hotel rooms galore available for $50-$80 (2-3star places within 6 miles of the stadium) or $120-$150 (luxury downtown or right by the stadium). This may be one of the overall cheapest away game experiences available these days against a team that doesn't completely suck.

Since they're sitting in the seats I just acquired, I know at least 2 other people on .net are going... but I'm sure there has to be more blueand green heading the Vikings way. Any other depraved 12th men/12s heading to Vikings territory??

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'll be there. Looks like it's going to be clear sky and in the upper 30s at game time.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I came very close to going to this game as just a day trip. Fly out early, go to the game, then fly right back. Still tempting, being that I love outdoor cold weather games.

If there was snow in the forecast, I might be arranging the trip right now. Psychotic, I know.

OP
OP
tooshort

tooshort

Reaction score
minormillikin":184u8ah9 said:
I came very close to going to this game as just a day trip. Fly out early, go to the game, then fly right back. Still tempting, being that I love outdoor cold weather games.

If there was snow in the forecast, I might be arranging the trip right now. Psychotic, I know.

Clear and any weather sounds great, snowing sounds great, I'm just hoping we don't get the bane of my existence, (as a former snowboarding instructor) freezing rain.

Side note- hotels got relatively expensive today (apparently they just figured out that here is a game coming up) but I Just booked a 2 bedroom house for $120 on airbnb less than 3 miles from the stadium and there are at least 15 more available for $150 or less that house 4+ and are walking distance from the blue and green rail lines that service the airport-downtown-TCF bank stadium.

Tbone

Reaction score
tooshort":1bueemz0 said:
When the schedule came out I circled this game as a " must go if my schedule allows it" experience. Watching the last chance (possibly in my lifetime) at an outdoor Minny game in a "tiny" 50,000 person stadium just seemed like it should be awesome, even if frigid temps ensued.

SEA/MSP round trip booked today for really cheap (less than $280) , 12th row section 234 seats for $72 apiece bought and printed... hotel rooms galore available for $50-$80 (2-3star places within 6 miles of the stadium) or $120-$150 (luxury downtown or right by the stadium). This may be one of the overall cheapest away game experiences available these days against a team that doesn't completely suck.

Since they're sitting in the seats I just acquired, I know at least 2 other people on .net are going... but I'm sure there has to be more blueand green heading the Vikings way. Any other depraved 12th men/12s heading to Vikings territory??

Where did you find the cheap airfare at and when did you buy? What I saw last night was double what you paid. I could be in if I found the cheap air.

GO HAWKS

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I live in the Twin Cities, so if anyone needs recommendations on places to eat and drink while you're here, let me know.

OP
OP
tooshort

tooshort

Reaction score
Tbone":2e3ezhe1 said:
tooshort":2e3ezhe1 said:

Where did you find the cheap airfare at and when did you buy? What I saw last night was double what you paid. I could be in if I found the cheap air.

GO HAWKS

Just checked again and airfare's back down.

Southwest , Alaska, united etc all have $284 rt if you come in Saturday and leave Sunday or Monday. In fact Southwest prices have gone down since I booked. I had to cobble together my Southwest in , Alaska out tickets.

Tbone

Reaction score
tooshort":1qmukg60 said:
Tbone":1qmukg60 said:
tooshort":1qmukg60 said:

GO HAWKS

Southwest , Alaska, united etc all have $284 rt if you come in Saturday and leave Sunday or Monday. In fact Southwest prices have gone down since I booked. I had to cobble together my Southwest in , Alaska out tickets.

Yes airfare is 283 if you come in Saturday and leave Monday. Game tickets are cheap too. Just gotta find someone to go last minute not really wanting to go Solo.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Tbone":242omzmy said:
tooshort":242omzmy said:
Tbone":242omzmy said:
tooshort":242omzmy said:

GO HAWKS

Yes airfare is 283 if you come in Saturday and leave Monday. Game tickets are cheap too. Just gotta find someone to go last minute not really wanting to go Solo.
We have a fun group that will be partying Saturday night, pre-gaming it and partying after the game if you'd like to join. I'm the only Hawks fan surrounded by Vikings friends, so I could use some reinforcements.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3uku0kdr said:
I live in the Twin Cities, so if anyone needs recommendations on places to eat and drink while you're here, let me know.
How does the whole tailgating at the Fairgounds thing work Si? We're ubering it from our hotel, so wouldn't need to get back to the Fairgrounds after the game, but would like to do some pre-game tailgating there if that's the place to be.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3tmn7n57 said:
Uncle Si":3tmn7n57 said:
How does the whole tailgating at the Fairgounds thing work Si? We're ubering it from our hotel, so wouldn't need to get back to the Fairgrounds after the game, but would like to do some pre-game tailgating there if that's the place to be.

That I'm not sure of. I assume the Fairgrounds gather a decent crowd because a. its off campus and b. its a much bigger lot. I'm assuming there are shuttles (doubt just the regular buses) from the fairgrounds to the field. There is tailgating around the stadium, but there are not many decently sized lots. One thing about TCF, its right in the middle of the UofM campus. Cool little spot with some decent bars, but on the whole, on a Sunday...there are better places to celebrate.

Once the game is over, you can light rail downtown (green to blue) for drinks/food.

Where are you guys pre-gaming?

bkit29

Reaction score
The wife and I are driving in from Fargo. We are in sec. 105 row 1, just bought my wife a green Wilson shirt to wear over her coat. We will be on tv when there is action in the west end zone. Or left end zone on your tv

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3tbrk7i1 said:
Siouxhawk":3tbrk7i1 said:
Uncle Si":3tbrk7i1 said:

That I'm not sure of. I assume the Fairgrounds gather a decent crowd because a. its off campus and b. its a much bigger lot. I'm assuming there are shuttles (doubt just the regular buses) from the fairgrounds to the field. There is tailgating around the stadium, but there are not many decently sized lots. One thing about TCF, its right in the middle of the UofM campus. Cool little spot with some decent bars, but on the whole, on a Sunday...there are better places to celebrate.

Once the game is over, you can light rail downtown (green to blue) for drinks/food.

Si, looking for a place tomorrow afternoon with the Bison/Montana game on. Our hotel is on the same block as Brits Bar, so we'll be there. I'd also like to get over to Lee's Liquor Lounge Saturday night. And for Sunday pregame that's what I'm asking. Fairgrounds or hang around TCF? Security tight after Paris, so want to get to the stadium by 11. Join us somewhere along the line Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3j8zhwj0 said:
Uncle Si":3j8zhwj0 said:
Siouxhawk":3j8zhwj0 said:
Uncle Si":3j8zhwj0 said:

Si, looking for a place tomorrow afternoon with the Bison/Montana game on. Our hotel is on the same block as Brits Bar, so we'll be there. I'd also like to get over to Lee's Liquor Lounge Saturday night. And for Sunday pregame that's what I'm asking. Fairgrounds or hang around TCF? Security tight after Paris, so want to get to the stadium by 11. Join us somewhere along the line Si

I've not seen the tailgate seen at the Fairgrounds. But I know there isn't much around there. It's literally the state fairgrounds and an open parking lot. So you would have to pack in whatever you want to ingest.

If you do hang around TCF look for the Library or just anywhere around the Stadium village. Stub and Herbs and the Big 10 are right around there as well. You'll find plenty of people around.

You could also walk down to either Hells Kitchen or Ikes for brunch then take the light rail to the game...

Brits is a great soccer bar if you're into that, and I'm sure after 12 you can get them to turn on any game you want. Up Nicollet a big more is Brits counter part, the Local. Not sure what you're into, but Hennepin on a Saturday night is big into "club" scene... if you're looking for something different uber to Uptown or NorthEast. Lees in Uptown.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3h2hvp0t said:
Uncle Si":3h2hvp0t said:
Siouxhawk":3h2hvp0t said:
Uncle Si":3h2hvp0t said:

I've not seen the tailgate seen at the Fairgrounds. But I know there isn't much around there. It's literally the state fairgrounds and an open parking lot. So you would have to pack in whatever you want to ingest.

If you do hang around TCF look for the Library or just anywhere around the Stadium village. Stub and Herbs and the Big 10 are right around there as well. You'll find plenty of people around.

You could also walk down to either Hells Kitchen or Ikes for brunch then take the light rail to the game...

Brits is a great soccer bar if you're into that, and I'm sure after 12 you can get them to turn on any game you want. Up Nicollet a big more is Brits counter part, the Local. Not sure what you're into, but Hennepin on a Saturday night is big into "club" scene... if you're looking for something different uber to Uptown or NorthEast. Lees in Uptown.
Thanks a bunch. Yeah, Uptown would be more my thing. Are the bars around Dinkytown open earlier than 11 on a Vikings gameday? Since we're going to Uber, don't really want to pack a bunch for the Fairgrounds then. I figure 9 to 11 in a place like The Library would do the trick.

Russdaman

Reaction score
We will be there!! Loud and proud. I live here so will be going with wife. Have a bunch of friends coming up from Iowa who are all Hawk fans. Sec 137

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":34nn40g6 said:
Uncle Si":34nn40g6 said:

Thanks a bunch. Yeah, Uptown would be more my thing. Are the bars around Dinkytown open earlier than 11 on a Vikings gameday? Since we're going to Uber, don't really want to pack a bunch for the Fairgrounds then. I figure 9 to 11 in a place like The Library would do the trick.

Uptown and northeast are good times...as for Sunday I'd imagine dinkeytown bars are open earlier

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":5qyshkhn said:
Uncle Si":5qyshkhn said:

Uptown and northeast are good times...as for Sunday I'd imagine dinkeytown bars are open earlier
Great. I'll be in 131. Guy with the Tarvaris jersey.

BHawk28

Reaction score
Jealous. Only 3 hour drive, and I've never been to an NFL game. But I've only been a fan since '07. Have fun.