We OWN Decembers

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Have we not these past few years? This team is made for finishing seasons the right way. The past few years they've been elite-level late in the season. HFA is not in the cards this year (bad pun not intended) most likely but a wildcard is a definite likelihood assuming this team maintains their current trajectory.

10-6 I believe I heard gets us in. The two potentially toughest games left are Minnesota and Arizona. We *should* take care of business in Baltimore and at home against the Browns and Rams.

There isn't one single NFC team in this league that wants to face the Seahawks in the playoffs. Wildcard or Championship. Battle-tested champions that play their best when their backs are against the wall and being called out.

Buckle up 12's it's gonna be a sweet finish. :snack:

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
I love it! It's time for the big dog in the NFC to show the rest of the league that they're still the best!

This is going to be a Cinderella season, I can feel it. It's all about getting into the dance and then it's anyone's game!!

We got the defense, we have the ground game. Now all we need is our ticket.

Cartire

Reaction score
I'm apprehensive about correlating past seasons success into the present.

But your analysis of 10-6 seems correct. And stealing a game from either minny or AZ would do wonders.

McGruff

Reaction score
I could still see us winning the West. Arizona has three tough games left, including the last one against us. With Chris Johnson out for the year, I could see us beating them that last game for all the marbles.

McGruff

Reaction score
Cartire":bhic0co2 said:

But your analysis of 10-6 seems correct. And stealing a game from either minny or AZ would do wonders.

Those aren't "steals" by any means. Those are toss up games, and if we can hit our stride, there isn't any team in the NFL we shouldn't beat.

Screw 10-6, I'm going 14-5.

Cartire

Reaction score
McGruff":3sv4qlvk said:
I could still see us winning the West. Arizona has three tough games left, including the last one against us. With Chris Johnson out for the year, I could see us beating them that last game for all the marbles.

We would have to win out (possible) but your idea has merit.

Looking at AZ's schedule

@Rams
Vikings
@Eagles
GB
Hawks

Yea, they could definitely lose 2 prior to our match-up. But asking a 9-2 team to go 2-2 in their next 4 is gonna be tough. I did some playing around with the playoff machine. At any 11-5 tie with them, we take the tie breaker. However, this whole thing is determined on us winning out.

Cartire

Reaction score
McGruff":1yvzdhea said:
Cartire":1yvzdhea said:

Those aren't "steals" by any means. Those are toss up games, and if we can hit our stride, there isn't any team in the NFL we shouldn't beat.

Any 10am game on the road that we win is a steal. Sorry.

McGruff

Reaction score
Cartire":38q5xqyy said:
McGruff":38q5xqyy said:
Cartire":38q5xqyy said:

In 2005 this would be true. That curse has been broken for a long time now.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Yeah, the road hasn't been a boogeyman for a while now. At least, not anymore than for the rest of the league. Winning on the road is always tough.

Cartire

Reaction score
McGruff":3qt7bphk said:
Cartire":3qt7bphk said:
McGruff":3qt7bphk said:
Cartire":3qt7bphk said:

I didnt say we cant win them. Its not a curse. But even the ones we have won in the last few years were not great wins. They usually required a single play (turnover, long explosive play) to win the game.

And we havent won a 10am game this year so far. Both went into OT. And I do believe we win both those games if its played at 1 or later.

Just saying. Any 10am road win is a blessing.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Cartire":2lb0duh2 said:
McGruff":2lb0duh2 said:

We would have to win out (possible) but your idea has merit.

Looking at AZ's schedule

@Rams
Vikings
@Eagles
GB
Hawks

Yea, they could definitely lose 2 prior to our match-up. But asking a 9-2 team to go 2-2 in their next 4 is gonna be tough. I did some playing around with the playoff machine. At any 11-5 tie with them, we take the tie breaker. However, this whole thing is determined on us winning out.

Yeah, most likely I'm rooting FOR Arizona vs green bay week 16 to keep green bay on their heels and hopefully falling below us, ensuring the playoff spot. With the packers ending at Oakland and Arizona and finishing the year with minny, i am fully ready to concede the division and root for all wild card contenders to fall.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":9suozj65 said:
McGruff":9suozj65 said:

This.
Agree it's possible. Obviously need to win out to make it happen.

Boycie

Reaction score
Cartire":2zqhm2k0 said:

Why would we be stealing a game from Minny? We should go into their house and punch them in the mouth and leave with the W. We are the superior team, and I for one do not feel like we would be stealing anything from them. That win is rightfully ours, and if we lost, it would be Minny stealing from us.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Even if we lose to both the Cards and the Vikes we probably still make it as the 6th seed. I have a hard time seeing any team out of the Giants, Redskins, Bears, Falcons and Bucs even get to 9 wins.

However, the match against the Vikes could go eitherway with us maybe even having a bit more momentum going in with us finally winning a tough match up. The game against the Cards will be exciting to see but if the Cards have already wrapped up the second seed by then we'll probably get a free win from that. It wouldn't even surprise me if we got the 5th seed at 11-5 or maybe even 10-6, which in turn would match us up against the NFC East winner and pretty much a free pass to the divisional round and thus the top 4 of the NFC. Wouldn't be all too shabby for a team that only went above .500 after their 11th game.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
McGruff":85q7m0m6 said:

Sorry to interrupt, but eh, I necessarily wouldn't get my hopes up cause of that reason.

CJ was doing wonders for us all the way up until Cleveland game, when he has been having mediocre games since(been averaging 2.7 since). Including victories over the 2 best defenses we have played so far(probably going to stay that way too for the rest of the season)against Cincy and you guys. I think it was starting to become obvious that his body was wearing down.

Obviously not counting the QB, but Tyrann, Fitz, Patrick Peterson, Calais, & Veldheer would have been much bigger losses, IMO.

David Johnson will be getting a lot more carries, who has done well, but also some trouble with ball-security.

Could be a blessing in disguise. Who knows?

I guess we'll find out :D

ringless

Reaction score
Seattle can get in several ways at 9-7 it appears as well. They are pretty much a lock to make the playoffs and then its a new season.

I think the #2 seed is going to be pretty difficult to get. Seattle has to win out (a lot to ask) AZ has to go 2-3 (also a lot to ask)

My hopes are you guys get the #6 seed and travel to Lambeau or Minnesota in January to sub-zero temperatures.

If you guys get the #5 seed than you will end up having a much easier path against one of the NFC East teams who are all worthless.

drdiags

Reaction score
At this point, I will take getting in. Sub-Zero if that is what happens. At least getting a chance to defend the NFC title would be the best way to follow-up last year's tough ending.

I am a pessimist so I don't see winning the NFC West but until the Cards clinch, there still is a chance. And the Vikings are going to be tough. #2 pass defense makes me think Rawls will have to continue to show he can provide the impact that Lynch has in the past.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that 15-5 is more likely than 14-5. 11-5 regular season, 3 playoff games, plus the Super Bowl.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
McGruff":1xi3fccw said:
Cartire":1xi3fccw said:
McGruff":1xi3fccw said:
Cartire":1xi3fccw said:

I don't buy the "STEAL" phrasing either, as any road game that we get a win, will have to be EARNED.