This game was a huge change in perspective

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Before the Steelers a lot of people on here and the NFL media and experts were all seeing as a team who could maybe get a wc spot but unable to do anything with it. Now after this win I feel like the perspective turned around almost 180 degrees. Nearly every NFL article about the play-offs mentions us as dangerous outsiders and on this forum there are even talks about potentially taking the divison.

No doubt these positive things will continue to be on everyone's minds if we win against the Vikes but what will happen if we lose? Will everyone go back to thinking we're a borderline play-off team that won't be much of a factor in the SB race or will they think we lost against another really strong team and could still realistically upset anyone? I just find the change in positivity really sudden. Is this a product of emotion or are we really going to make waves?

Cartire

Reaction score
Its almost like this league is all about knee jerk reactions after each week.

Like, if you win, your good. If you lose, your bad.

I heard an argument that the safest coaching seat in the NFC East is Jay Gruden. Thats all you need to know about week to week analysis in the NFL.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I think knee jerk reaction is pretty common especially among the national talking heads. Dungy mentioned that this team is becoming an offensive team, so now we'll hear it over and over again for a few weeks.

Here is what I hope happens over the next few weeks now that Wilson and the O has stepped up. Let the talk be all about how nobody fears the LOB, let them talk about how the Defense is meh, average at best. All of that talk, I hope, puts that chip back on this D's shoulders.

I would love nothing more than this D to come out in Minnesota and play like their hair is on fire with that old "were going to knock you out and then talk smack about it" attitude.

If that happens and the D catches fire, all we'll hear until it's over is that this team is the team nobody wants to play in the playoffs, and how unstoppable they are.

What a freaken ride that would be, I'm looking forward to it! :th2thumbs: