Walter Payton Man of the Year.

RiverDog

Reaction score
In another thread, we were discussing Russell Wilson's NFC Player of the Week award, and it was my position that I didn't give a rip about individual awards except as it related to winning football games.

But this is one award that I am proud as a Seahawks fan that one of our players has been nominated for especially being that it is Richard Sherman that's nominated. I didn't used to like Richard Sherman, thought he was an unsportsmanlike jerk, but after reading his bio and learning more about him, listened to him talk on a number of subjects, I have really grown to appreciate him and my attitude him has taken a 180 degree about face.

The moral of the story is that first impressions aren't always correct, and some old men can admit when they were wrong.

Thanks for posting that, Pmed.

dbmack

Reaction score
RiverDog":5nuulacp said:
In another thread, we were discussing Russell Wilson's NFC Player of the Week award, and it was my position that I didn't give a rip about individual awards except as it related to winning football games.

But this is one award that I am proud as a Seahawks fan that one of our players has been nominated for especially being that it is Richard Sherman that's nominated. I didn't used to like Richard Sherman, thought he was an unsportsmanlike jerk, but after reading his bio and learning more about him, listened to him talk on a number of subjects, I have really grown to appreciate him and my attitude him has taken a 180 degree about face.

The moral of the story is that first impressions aren't always correct, and some old men can admit when they were wrong.

A Seahawk is nominated every year. Last year it was Russell. One player from all 32 teams get nominated.

RiverDog

Reaction score
dbmack":1du422zq said:
RiverDog":1du422zq said:

A Seahawk is nominated every year. Last year it was Russell. One player from all 32 teams get nominated.

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks!

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
It's true. Each team nominates one player. That's why I said that Sherm gets the Seahawk nomination.

I still think it's way cool that Shem got it. Many might assume that #3 would be automatic here.
Nothing at all against RW but im happy that wasn't the case.

A

Anonymous

I think we should have our own "The Radish .NET Poster of the Year" award.

We could nominate a member who consistently brings quality opinions and thoughts to bare with style. Approaches each opposing viewpoint with respect and tact. Never presents in a condescending way, and (above all) promotes good will and peace in the face of .NET adversity.

The nominees could be culled to an eventual winner via the poll function, then could receive an evening on the town with their choice of either SacHawk 2.0, or OkieHawk.

Whataya think Lon?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1w5r2uqc said:
The nominees could be culled to an eventual winner via the poll function, then could receive an evening on the town with their choice of either SacHawk 2.0, or OkieHawk.

:shock:

Anthony!

Reaction score
RiverDog":3f9z03ta said:

LOL of course because its no Wilson that much is obvious

Anthony!

Reaction score
pmedic920":g8be2t1a said:
It's true. Each team nominates one player. That's why I said that Sherm gets the Seahawk nomination.

I still think it's way cool that Shem got it. Many might assume that #3 would be automatic here.
Nothing at all against RW but im happy that wasn't the case.

Wilson was nominated last year no need to do it twice in a row. Let someone else get nominated.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":33ekug32 said:

We could nominate a member who consistently brings quality opinions and thoughts to bare with style. Approaches each opposing viewpoint with respect and tact. Never presents in a condescending way, and (above all) promotes good will and peace in the face of .NET adversity.

Whataya think Lon?

I like it. I've always wanted to experience the night life of Sacramento or [insert any city in Oklahoma here].

McGruff

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1e59xqcp said:

Whataya think Lon?

I think everything you said was the opposite of what Radish did . . .

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
fenderbender123":vqqk5w2e said:
HoustonHawk82":vqqk5w2e said:

Whataya think Lon?

I like it. I've always wanted to experience the night life of Sacramento or [insert any city in Oklahoma here].

I have been to both areas......But I am not in the shack....so...carry on. :stirthepot:

Rob12

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":s9apl8he said:

Whataya think Lon?

Sounds like a great idea.

suppaball

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3ffkleko said:
HoustonHawk82":3ffkleko said:

Whataya think Lon?

I have lives in the tri-cities in Washington good night life there, lots to do 300,000+. I have lived in Eugene Oregon, also 300,000+, I game lived in Salem Oregon, 300,000+. I curently live an hour tops from sac. Honestly it's not any differant than the three I mentioned above, any small city has the same shit, granted it's way more fun than a town of 16,000, like the one I live in now, but if you live in a small city sac is like the rest.
Now Chicago on the other hand, off the hook!