What if the Vikings had drafted Russell Wilson

Anthony!

Reaction score
Interesting

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

Here’s a what-if moment to start your morning off (on the wrong foot maybe). Entering the 2012 draft, the Vikings already had a quarterback they hoped was the correct answer in Christian Ponder, but some in the organization were fond of Wisconsin’s Russell Wilson. The Vikings also had a glaring need at cornerback, so with the third pick in the third round, they drafted speedy cover man Josh Robinson out of Central Florida. Nine picks later, the Seahawks snagged Wilson and the rest is history. Hindsight is 20/20, of course, but it did make sense at the time to pass on Wilson

posting.php?mode=post&f=2

tooshort

Reaction score
I have much bigger nightmares of the eagles pulling the trigger on him a round earlier. You'd have Russell running the Chip Kelly offense to multiple playoff appearances and the Hawks would have drafted Mychal Kendricks instead of Bwagz in round Two.

:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
As such an staunch Russell Wilson supporter, I have a feeling you're going to raked over the coals for misspelling his name. Just a heads ups.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2bnr9bih said:
As such an staunch Russell Wilson supporter, I have a feeling you're going to raked over the coals for misspelling his name. Just a heads ups.

Yeah well I deserve it for misspelling it, thanks for the heads up I changed It. I actually cut and paste but the title was to long so I had to edit and messed up. My bad

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":34svau37 said:
Seanhawk":34svau37 said:

Yeah well I deserve it for misspelling it, thanks for the heads up I changed It. I actually cut and paste but the title was to long so I had to edit and messed up. My bad

Aaaand you still got it wrong. Two L's in Russell dude.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":28xkjtg9 said:
Is Ruseel Russell's evil twin?

No, it sounds more like the winning entry in the "Name our new baby eel" contest for 3rd graders at the Seattle Aquarium.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3ln6q2oa said:
rideaducati":3ln6q2oa said:
Is Ruseel Russell's evil twin?
!!!!

No, it sounds more like the winning entry in the "Name our new baby eel" contest for 3rd graders at the Seattle Aquarium.
:th2thumbs: Defenders say he's a Slippery one to tackle.

A

Anonymous

No worries, the grammar Nazi is "IN" this morning.

Now, if we can just put a stop to all the "reinHawknation" going on, we'll be doing okay.

If you get gone, stay gone folks.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1khi1ne1 said:

Now, if we can just put a stop to all the "reinHawknation" going on, we'll be doing okay.

Oh, relax. I'm just having a little fun with the BIGGEST Russell Wilson fan on this board. If you can't see the humor in him misspelling his name, and twice, I don't know what to say.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Well, for one thing, we would be seeing a lot more comparisons of Ruseel to Frann Tarkeentoon.

A

Anonymous

Seanhawk":n4g9ecrt said:
HoustonHawk82":n4g9ecrt said:

Oh, relax. I'm just having a little fun with the BIGGEST Russell Wilson fan on this board. If you can't see the humor in him misspelling his name, and twice, I don't know what to say.

Oh, I saw the humor, but controlling one's OCD is easier said than done.

Case in point: I once spelled a Star Wars character's name wrong in the mod forum; you'd have thought I'd pooped in the cat-box.

RiverDog

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":21bcx059 said:
Seanhawk":21bcx059 said:
HoustonHawk82":21bcx059 said:

Oh, I saw the humor, but controlling one's OCD is easier said than done.

Case in point: I once spelled a Star Wars character's name wrong in the mod forum; you'd have thought I'd pooped in the cat-box.

Yea, the names thing is made so difficult with these spelling assist programs. Their like idiot cards, Dan Quayle misspelling the word 'potato'. Every time I spell Tony Romo, I have to remember to back space and take out the 'e' or it turns into Tony Romeo. Luke Willson is a hard one to get right, too. Sometimes I can't even see if I remembered to insert the second 'l'.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seanhawk":26s9c558 said:
Anthony!":26s9c558 said:
Seanhawk":26s9c558 said:

Aaaand you still got it wrong. Two L's in Russell dude.

I got it right in my OP

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I can't even imagine the Vikings having drafted Russell because it could never be.

... because it was pre-ordained.

...because pre-draft, Russell put all 32 team names in a hat and he picked the SEAHAWKS.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RiverDog":3ep3m2rl said:
Luke Willson is a hard one to get right, too. Sometimes I can't even see if I remembered to insert the second 'l'.

Just be thankfullllll that his Parents didn't name him Lloyd Willson :lol:

Seymour

Reaction score
Anthony!":1lrdrodv said:
..... it did make sense at the time to pass on Wilson

Then it makes perfect sense for Wilson to pass on them as well. :2: