Please keep Beast Mode

silverandgold

Reaction score
Look, I know that Lynch's inactive cuz of an injury. But it is not a leg or head injury, it's an abdominal one. He has a ruptured spleen and that once it is fixed with surgery, he can play football again at a elite level. I mean look at adrian peterson, he's 30 yet he can kick some dirt! and 29 is not an age where you're too old to play sports, it's the perfect age that you are still fresh and strong to be athletic. When he reaches his mid-late 30's, then yeah he's too old. But if Marshawn didn't had stomach injury, he would be playing excellent this year. Look at brady, he's 38 yet he's doing well. I think people overemphasized the 30th birthday of an athlete when being 30 isn't that old, even 34 is pretty young enough to do well in sports. The most youngest person that doesn't live in his parents house or college is 26-30ish. Please don't replace him with Rawls, as amazing Rawls was, if he gets injured as well cuz he's not a beast like MSL we're screwed. Rawls is like Alexander, not bulky enough to crash through defenses but swift and agile to elude them. But Alexander can easily be knocked off a defenseman with the whiff of a wrist and that I know that Rawls can't stay good forever. The more publicity he gets, the more defenses of other teams get to know his techniques and he gonna get sacked and tackled more often after that. God forbid he get's an injury like Shaun Alexander did. :cry: Injuries are only serious if they are affecting your limbs or your cerebrum. Other types like stomach injury are season ending, not career ending. Please don't give away Marshawn, there's still potential. Just wait until his stomach is fine and then he's back at his feet!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
silverandgold":1a8wlf0o said:
Look, I know that Lynch's inactive cuz of an injury. But it is not a leg or head injury, it's an abdominal one. He has a ruptured spleen and that once it is fixed with surgery, he can play football again at a elite level. I mean look at adrian peterson, he's 30 yet he can kick some dirt! and 29 is not an age where you're too old to play sports, it's the perfect age that you are still fresh and strong to be athletic. When he reaches his mid-late 30's, then yeah he's too old. But if Marshawn didn't had stomach injury, he would be playing excellent this year. Look at brady, he's 38 yet he's doing well. I think people overemphasized the 30th birthday of an athlete when being 30 isn't that old, even 34 is pretty young enough to do well in sports. The most youngest person that doesn't live in his parents house or college is 26-30ish. Please don't replace him with Rawls, as amazing Rawls was, if he gets injured as well cuz he's not a beast like MSL we're screwed. Rawls is like Alexander, not bulky enough to crash through defenses but swift and agile to elude them. But Alexander can easily be knocked off a defenseman with the whiff of a wrist and that I know that Rawls can't stay good forever. The more publicity he gets, the more defenses of other teams get to know his techniques and he gonna get sacked and tackled more often after that. God forbid he get's an injury like Shaun Alexander did. :cry: Injuries are only serious if they are affecting your limbs or your cerebrum. Other types like stomach injury are season ending, not career ending. Please don't give away Marshawn, there's still potential. Just wait until his stomach is fine and then he's back at his feet!
Rawls is 100 times tougher than SA in running style IMHO.......

As for Beastmode, he is one of my favorite all time Hawks, the guy leaves it all on the field and is fearless.
.... But his body may be starting to break down on him and he is getting near that magic number agewise where RB's start breaking down. Would like to see him get one more Super Bowl ring though.

Seafan

Reaction score
silverandgold":jmq1kso9 said:
Look, I know that Lynch's inactive cuz of an injury. But it is not a leg or head injury, it's an abdominal one. He has a ruptured spleen and that once it is fixed with surgery, he can play football again at a elite

Is that DonaldTrump? Ruptured spleen is it?

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Honestly we should cut him and Graham, 20 million in cap space can literally get the best playmaker in football or 2 of the top 10

Seafan

Reaction score
Graham will be back. CWill and Lynch and Harvin's contracts will give the Hawks plenty of space.

And since Kam hasn't earned his contract this season there shouldn't be an issue with it next year.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":17ajbhtr said:
Honestly we should cut him and Graham, 20 million in cap space can literally get the best playmaker in football or 2 of the top 10

WOW...you really know how to make friends on this message board!! :roll:

kf3339

Reaction score
silverandgold":2jf1evgj said:

The problem is assumed production next year verses cost. From that standpoint it doesn't make sense to keep Lynch unless he is willing to take a massive cut in his pay. He will not have come even close to earning his pay this season, so one could tell him that the team deserves a massive pay drop on his part to reflect this fact and keep him in 2016. That is if he even wants to play any longer.

But I think the team will decide and either cut or trade him to the Raiders so he can play in his hometown to finish his career. He won't be a part of this team after this season. Just the way it is.

massari

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1pnn6tp5 said:
They'd only save 6.5M from releasing Lynch. So 15.5M would be free if they cut both Lynch and Graham.

Vesuve

Reaction score
silverandgold":2ftmeyyp said:

OP, Paragraphs help when people read your posts.

You note OTHER players (noted in bold). We're not talking about AP or Brady. (Brady happens to play a different position than Lynch, also).

Unfortunately, I think letting Lynch go at the end of season will be the best move.

Injuries, age, and his YP Carry are lower this year. Some money would be freed up.

And as we know, we have Rawls.

Sad but true, running backs have a short life-span in the NFL.

As one poster noted, letting Graham go would be helpful also, IMO. Free up some cash and change to alleged attempted focus to integrate Graham into the offense.

peppersjap

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":215ops8q said:
Anyone who thinks we need to cut Graham needs to go back and watch the catch he made on the 1 yard line last game. No way Luke Willson makes the play on the ball that Jimmy does! We have something special and if he can come back we have something great.

peppersjap

Reaction score
massari":3vyay5c2 said:
TheRealDTM":3vyay5c2 said:
They'd only save 6.5M from releasing Lynch. So 15.5M would be free if they cut both Lynch and Graham.
I can't believe people have thought that Graham was such a bust. The guy excites me more than any player I have seen at the Clink since 2006 outside of Marshawn. As far as Lynch goes, I see no way they bring him back the way Rawls is playing. That is very sad because he is obviously not down but reality is going to play into this. I'm not sure how anyone would ever compare Rawls to Alexander. I love Alexander but Rawls runs the ball harder than Shaun ever thought of.

Rob12

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2mqx9hgg said:

We don't need playmakers. We need an offensive line. This unit has improved and that's great and all, but this FO needs to find a way to make it much better.

I'm kind of done with this FO trying to bring in offensive skill players. Attack the actual needs on this team and pump real resources into it.

Rob12

Reaction score
peppersjap":qino2sje said:
massari":qino2sje said:
TheRealDTM":qino2sje said:
I can't believe people have thought that Graham was such a bust. The guy excites me more than any player I have seen at the Clink since 2006 outside of Marshawn. As far as Lynch goes, I see no way they bring him back the way Rawls is playing. That is very sad because he is obviously not down but reality is going to play into this. I'm not sure how anyone would ever compare Rawls to Alexander. I love Alexander but Rawls runs the ball harder than Shaun ever thought of.

I don't know many here or in real life that think Graham is a "bust." He was really starting to gel with RW. But the fact is his injury is a devastating one, and if he makes it back to even 80 or 90 percent of what he was, he'd be the first. Tearing the patella tendon is about the worst injury imaginable.

I don't want the Seahawks to cut Graham. But if he can't make it back, he can't make it back and the team will have no choice but to move on. No more guaranteed money from the Seahawks and that $9M cap number for 2016 looms large. I'm with you in that I want him back. But I don't expect him to be.

Hoping like hell I'm wrong.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Whatever the injury actually is with Lynch, we do know, with 100% certainty, it is NOT, repeat, NOT, a ruptured spleen.

Spleens are actually located in the upper left part of your torso (nowhere near the groin or typical sports hernia area) and are protected by the rib cage. People die from ruptured spleens. You also don't staple spleens to anything.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":2j9unicp said:
Whatever the injury actually is with Lynch, we do know, with 100% certainty, it is NOT, repeat, NOT, a ruptured spleen.

Spleens are actually located in the upper left part of your torso (nowhere near the groin or typical sports hernia area) and are protected by the rib cage. People die from ruptured spleens. You also don't staple spleens to anything.

Yup. My son ruptured his spleen. You don't repair them. You hope they heal on their own or take them out. They are like bags of jello, so nothing to staple or sew together.

Lynch had sports hernia surgery.

Latest posts